Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR NET Windshield Decal/Shirt/Jacket

Decal

Dave, I would be looking for the polo shirt if its possible. thanks, John

Sorry, John, didn't see your post (from my phone) ... PM me on what you would be interested in (caps, polo shirts, etc....).

Gizmo,

Let me see what I can establish with the embroidery shop, when I get back. I think its a great idea (that was my intention when I had the design converted to an embroidery file). I'll be in touch.

Anyone else, feel free to continue to post suggestions. Maybe Quinny can work up a design with the silhouette, the XLR logo and a particular "font" for XLR-Net. If we use a standard font, then we would not have to convert another "design" for the embroidery company (its not cheap).

Will the embroidery file work on my Bernina? If it will I would love to have a copy so I could do my own shirts. Thanks

I realize I am at fault for this thread getting hijacked, so let me help get it back on track.

Speedway had a great suggestion and Chicago Dave seems to have a solution. Dave would you and your lovely wife mind being our intermediaries withe the embroidery shop to establish a set of standards (ball cap, polo shirt, t-shirt to begin with) and set pricing?

The embroidery company could then establish a presence here and handle orders via internet. We already have a growing list of preorders. With a big enough initial group buy, the embroidery company can easily cover the cost of vendor status here and continue marketing to the members.

Shall we start with basic colors- grey embroidery on black material would be my choice for a cap and two polo shirts.

EDIT: Dave beat me to it. OBTW, I wear a medium shirt preferably with pocket, brand doesn't matter.
Once you have the digital disk made the decal for the windshield can be made out of clear plastic that will blend into the windshield and you only see the emblem and logo. This really looks great and for our XLR's and other cars we need to have a Class act decal emblem and logo.If we decide to do this the emblem and logo should be all the same for the shirts jackets and hats as well as the windshield. so know matter where we go it can be recognized as to who we are and what we represent. I would feel a lot better if ROB the Site Administrator would give us a heads up and his thoughts concerning this.

Fred

Will the embroidery file work on my Bernina? If it will I would love to have a copy so I could do my own shirts. Thanks

Robert,The embroidery company will not give up the file, they keep it and will be happy to embroider anything we send them. In researching the file type, it is a specific file type that embroidery machines recognize. I too, would have rather keep possession of the file, but the embroidery industry seems pretty tight in this practice of keeping the files within embroidery companies.

I think it's a great idea. However, just an FYI....I'm a horrible artist. I'm not bad at drawing stick figures, but that's about as far as it goes.

I have a good friend of mine that's very good with Photoshop. Let me see if she would be up to the task.

Robert,The embroidery company will not give up the file, they keep it and will be happy to embroider anything we send them. In researching the file type, it is a specific file type that embroidery machines recognize. I too, would have rather keep possession of the file, but the embroidery industry seems pretty tight in this practice of keeping the files within embroidery companies.

Any updates?

Any updates?
If you look above at post #26 you will see that the Site Administrator is looking into this. I can say from doing this in the past once the design is created and digitalized with copies you never give up the original disk to anyone it should stay with the Site Administrator.

Speedway:wave:

The above posts are very old. Is there anyone today that can get shirts and ball hats monogrammed with the XLR logo or silhouette ? I have another toy and I have had no problem getting stuff for it but I can't find anything on the XLR. Thanks.
John F.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back