Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR record?? I think so!

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
This was on my FaceBook page today:

Written by Professor .... a dear friend and fellow forum member that I have had the pleasure of being on 4 events with ....

Hey it's official. I have driven over a quarter million miles on my Cadillac XLR Roadster. As far as I know that is the most miles on any XLR in the world! and so far, the car is running fine. I am heading for New Mexico again to see my clients. Let's hope all goes well on the trip.

Written by Professor .... a dear friend and fellow forum member that I have had the pleasure of being on 4 events with ....

Hey it's official. I have driven over a quarter million miles on my Cadillac XLR Roadster. As far as I know that is the most miles on any XLR in the world! and so far, the car is running fine. I am heading for New Mexico again to see my clients. Let's hope all goes well on the trip.

Congratulations to Professor!! Many more miles of smiles! It sounds like a record to me - glad to hear things are going well. I won't be at 200K for another 2 years probably - only 167K so far. Great to hear - thanks for sharing, Ruth Ann. :wave:

Looks like I have a ways to go. Almost 15K on my V

Jean and I will be going down to meet up with the Professor for lunch next Sunday. We will post some photos of his XLR that has over 250,000 miles.

This is a real testament as to how awesome these cars can be.
It gives me great comfort to know that I can get +250,000 miles.

Looking forward to every one of them.

Steve

At my current rate, I should hit 250,000 miles when I am 217 years old. :rolleyes:

When I sold the all allante it had 317000 on it and still man great. If you take care of them they will take care of you.

Yes it is always fun to drive our XLR's

:cool:

.....Thank you for those kind words Lola's Mom. The computer says it's been since April 10, 2011 since I was last on. Didn't realize how much time has gone by. Yes I already have over 251,000 miles on the car and when I meet Jim and Jean on Sunday I may be past 252,000 miles! So far this trip to New Mexico from Florida has gone smoothly. I saw one red XLR on Interstate 10 near Houston, TX, while traveling out West. Still rare to see another XLR on the road at the same time. I followed the other car for a while just for the fun of it.
.....I am not going to make any promises because something always comes up when you least expect, but since I visit clients in Chambersburg, PA on a regular basis, I will try to make the June event this summer in Harrisburg, PA. It is only about 50 miles away.
Professor:wave:

Henry,

It would be great to see you & Pat again!! It's been since San Antonio, way back in 2009. My how time flies. Glad to hear the XLR is still going strong. Have a safe trip and tell Jim & Jean we all said hi. ;);)

:cool:.....I am not going to make any promises because something always comes up when you least expect, but since I visit clients in Chambersburg, PA on a regular basis, I will try to make the June event this summer in Harrisburg, PA. It is only about 50 miles away.

Jean and I met up with the Professor in Truth or Consequences, NM for lunch today. He has 252,600 miles on his car and it still looks great. My usb cord is at the office so in the next couple of days I will post a couple of photos

:love:
.....I am not going to make any promises because something always comes up ...... I will try to make the June event this summer in Harrisburg, PA. Professor:wave:

Well then: I am very curious about who this loyal XLR owner is and I would really like to meet The Professor! :blinzel: Did you buy your XLR new, and if not, how many miles on it when you bought it? Also wondering what major issues you have had with your XLR with that many miles? I can't see a 'Member Profile': a sure sign of someone who works too much OR does not care about the little people :rolleyes: who live vicariously through their Heroes! :lol:

I LOVE my XLR :worship: and can NOT ever see me not owning it, and driving it, and loving it :love: ......... BUT One Quarter Million Miles?!?......... will we still be able to buy gasoline by then or will we have to convert to Plutonium or Burito Burps by that millennium? (BTW: what the heck is that in Kilometers --- I'm Canadian eh!)

:love:
(BTW: what the heck is that in Kilometers --- I'm Canadian eh!)

As of the February 14th mileage (251,453), that would be 404,675 km. Almost 10 times what is on the 2007 I got in December. I still have a ways to go!

John

Here are some photos from the meeting with the Professor. Photos of his trunk with his blue bunnies and xlr hats, mileage and a couple of photos of me and Henry with our XLRs.

It sure was great to see you again Henry! :blinzel::wave::patriot: I haven't checked to see when I was on here last, but probably just after Christmas??????????? I just looked up by my name up there and WOW, it was November 23 last year! I guess I've been on Facebook too much????? LOL, LMBO, ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure was great to see you again Henry! :blinzel::wave::patriot: I haven't checked to see when I was on here last, but probably just after Christmas??????????? I just looked up by my name up there and WOW, it was November 23 last year! I guess I've been on Facebook too much????? LOL, LMBO, ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to have you back on here... was GREAT to see the pics of Henry, Jim and the XLR's!!!

:cool:

.....Thank you for those kind words Lola's Mom. The computer says it's been since April 10, 2011 since I was last on. Didn't realize how much time has gone by. Yes I already have over 251,000 miles on the car and when I meet Jim and Jean on Sunday I may be past 252,000 miles! So far this trip to New Mexico from Florida has gone smoothly. I saw one red XLR on Interstate 10 near Houston, TX, while traveling out West. Still rare to see another XLR on the road at the same time. I followed the other car for a while just for the fun of it.
.....I am not going to make any promises because something always comes up when you least expect, but since I visit clients in Chambersburg, PA on a regular basis, I will try to make the June event this summer in Harrisburg, PA. It is only about 50 miles away.

Congrats Professor!
This is great to know my 05 just turn 61,500 so i now know i can run the tires off of her a couple rounds!:rocker:

Yesterday, just as I crossed into Florida:

P2230310a.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry