Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Theft Rates

HOMEGAMEROOM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"
While I was putzing around the internet looking at statistics, I found out the following:

In 2005, a 2005 Cadillac XLR was the 60th most common stolen vehicle (based on production numbers, or number of vehicles stolen versus number produced). There were 9 stolen of 3,828 produced.

In 2006, there were 7 2006 XLRs stolen out of 3963 produced, which made the XLR the 80th most common vehicle stolen.

For some reason, the Federal Register only reports on the same model year for the same calendar year.

Here's the link:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/menuitem.2afa3cb5b16547a1ba7d9d1046108a0c/

Interesting. You sure are good at finding the stats. Thanks HG.;)

I wonder how they did it? Put it on a flat bed truck? The owner leaving the keys in the car?

Any other thoughts?

Amazing, isn't it??? The thieves can steal our cars, but we can't get into them when the battery goes dead .... :lol:

Kinda funny, only (3) '04s (ranked #158) were reported stolen while the most visually-challenged GM vehicle of all time, the Pontiac Aztek was number 41! Clearly, these thefts must have occured at night by thieves wearing their masks backwards.

These numbers are kind of misleading as they only show '04 data for the '04 theft year, rather than '04 data to date. Basically, it shows what car was most desireable to thieves during a particular year. Still, it makes for interesting reading. Thanks for the link!!

CC :wave:

Kinda funny, only (3) '04s (ranked #158) were reported stolen while the most visually-challenged GM vehicle of all time, the Pontiac Aztek was number 41! Clearly, these thefts must have occured at night by thieves wearing their masks backwards.

These numbers are kind of misleading as they only show '04 data for the '04 theft year, rather than '04 data to date. Basically, it shows what car was most desireable to thieves during a particular year. Still, it makes for interesting reading. Thanks for the link!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kinda .............................while the most visually-challenged GM vehicle of all time, the Pontiac Aztek was number 41! Clearly, these thefts must have occured at night by thieves wearing their masks backwards.

People did not really want the Aztec so theives thought they might as well just steal them. If you think about it since no one really wanted them, the theives probably just got in and drove off at normal speeds. In some cases, the owners probably watched them do it.

:chuckle:laugh:

ECurtis

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry