Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR turn signal hyperflash

rsvette182

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR
Hey all… I recently got an ‘06, 140k miles, the tail lights were repaired by the previous owner, the only issue is the inner white strip on the passenger side tail light comes on with the running lights (when it should just be the outer strip of lights) other than that they both work perfectly though. That doesn’t bother me, what does though is the right turn signal “hyper flashes,” which is quite annoying. Yes, both front turn signal bulbs are incandescent and work as they should. I was wondering if there is any way to trick the bcm into thinking the lights work as they should? If anyone has any input, I’d appreciate it.

seen a lot of taillights properly repaired and never saw this issue before. so no telling what the owner did wrong. Sorry. Most likely a new light or have someone put the proper bulbs in it. resistors work for the front when led are changed btu the rear does not need them as they are already led and the bcm expects that. most likely wrong bulbs installed so watt draw is wrong.

Hey

I had a similar situation on my '06.. Not the inner white lighting, but hyper flash. I also had failing LED's . Had it rebuilt by Travis Wolff . P/S was part of my issue. (failure can be cascading in effect) as yours may be. Rebuild is 600.00 P/S is additional

Good Luck

Bill

Travis is one of only maybe 2 or 3 people that actually know what they are doing when it comes to these lights and actually rebuilds them not patch them up

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom