Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR's 10th Anniversary Celebration Sept. 2013

Yea, but now it sounds like the 10 year celebration event and BobFest/FunFest may be doubled up into a back to back non-stop party running from Sept 13 through Sept 22 2013. This may yet call for an early party cake and presents for those deserving nearby birth dates....particularly if there is need for some kind of mid-week transitioning party between these special weekends. Just thinking of an excuse to keep partying if one is ever needed......

Steve

ME 2. 14 days early for me if I was still having birthdays. I decided I was old enough and quit having them.

This sounds like it is going to be really exciting! Is there any updates on it yet??

For those that would be traveling a great distance, that makes sense. I know Bob Leonard has worked hard with MAM and their Funfest to get a great showing of XLR's at the event and would be awesome to have just as many there after the 10th Anniversary celebration. A Mon-Wed. event in Bowling Green, then on to Effingham, IL for the Funfest and BOBFEST for Fri-Sun!!! That would be a great week--many would be ready to go back to work after that week--just to relax! :lol::lol:

We need to start talking about this again...

Bruce had talked to the folks at The Corvette Museum last year - they seemed pretty excited about participating in some kind of 10th anniversary celebration. We really just need to land on a date that fits in the highest number of XLR Owners' schedule. Planned early enough - we should be able to find a weekend to "reserve" for most of us, this much in advance. We just need to pick a date and let folks plan around it.

:cool:

I would be interested if the date is before sept 2013. I leave for a cruise in sept and won't be back till early dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowling Green

I think it's a great idea. We'll need to start working on our contacts @ The NCM ASAP.

I am a recent XLR owner and have not had much (NO) contact with any oither owners except thru this forum. I am very intrested in attending an event of this nature. Please keep me informed.

Welcome aRTHUR7.

I was just reviewing this thread and think this is a really great idea. What can I do to help?

A thought crossed my mind, scarey I know, does anyone know when the first car came off the line? Possibly SEP2003?

Welcome aRTHUR7.

I was just reviewing this thread and think this is a really great idea. What can I do to help?

A thought crossed my mind, scarey I know, does anyone know when the first car came off the line? Possibly SEP2003?

That's a good question. Would like to know myself.

Well the xlr signed book that I have, has a publish date of April 2003. It also has a line in it about the movie that Jim Carey who played 'god'. He had a thought of having the most expensive car in the world. But the producers didn't think it'd be a good idea because of the year that the movie and the car debut would've been to far off. Does that give you a good idea.

I am a recent XLR owner and have not had much (NO) contact with any oither owners except thru this forum. I am very intrested in attending an event of this nature. Please keep me informed.

It's all here. Sign in at least once a week and you will stay in touch. Now that you posted to this thread you will know when someone posts anything about this event.......as long as you SIGN IN regularly. :blinzel:

Seriously, if you love your XLR as much as I :worship: (we forum geeks) do then you NEED to get involved with gatherings of this group. It truly helps you appreciate your car to its fullest and it is great getting to know others who truly 'get it' when it comes to the XLR. I always loved the car (I thought it was 'out of reach') but until I owned one (and we have/and/do have had many cool cars) I never really 'got it' the same as someone who is a true car lover that ownes one of these great cars.

(yes, there are many XLR owners who dont truly appreciate what they have :dunno:)

Meanwhile, update your profile, tell us more about who you are :cool: list where in NY (I live in Ontario Canada, less than 1 hour from Niagara Falls), post some info about your car, maybe a few pictures, perhaps post an icon. Get involved, get to know others online and then eventually off-line at an event!
We know you will have fun! :party

Welcome aRTHUR7.

They started regular production in July & the first delivers were in September.

10 yr celebration

Since my 80th birthday is September 13, I will for sure do my best to attend. I have not been on the forum for a few months, but was an attendee at the "homecoming" 2 years hence.

Rusty XLR V

What a PERFECT setting for a 10th Anniversary celebration! I'm in!
:party:party:party:party

Bruce / Dave,

Where does the 2013 Homecoming stand at this point? I would be interested and would need to coordinate Dawn's working schedule to attend with her. If she can't attend I guess you will have to take great pictures.

As of today, there are no plans for a 10th Anniversary event. You guys can still pick a date & put something together. Bowling Green, KY in the fall would be really nice & the plant should be back open for tours. You could also include a side trip to Nashville, TN. :wave:

I think it's a great idea. We'll need to start working on our contacts @ The NCM ASAP.
I like the idea. I think we are kind of half way there. Being we have a list of owners through the XLR Registry,right?:)

I been hoping someone was doing some event! I think we should stay towards the end of Sept.or even the 1st week of Oct. this fit my schedule and a nice time of the FALL year for decent weather yet, but this is just my opinion what does everyone else think? We also need to check on any other events around that time! I believe Bob Fest is around than? If any interest I'm thinking NCM said we can plan an event at their grounds they were not planning anything for a 10 year XLR event! I'm all in for planning something and hopefully I can fit into our work schedules! More opinions are need XLR gang please let's hear yours? I can try and help with any planning let me know! Wendy and I are all in for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Bruce / Dave,

Where does the 2013 Homecoming stand at this point? I would be interested and would need to coordinate Dawn's working schedule to attend with her. If she can't attend I guess you will have to take great pictures.

Unless overcome by other events for which I have no control I would be in for this event...... particularly if Dawn is attending!

Steve

2013 XLR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVENT INFORMATION

:party2013 XLR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVENT INFORMATION :party

I HAD CHECK IN WITH THE NCM TODAY TO SEE WHAT DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR OUR FALL 2013 XLR EVENT 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
I only checked on these 2 weekends below because these seemed to be the best ones most of you was posting about.

I did NOT the check the weekend of Sept. 20th because I had read that the MAM FunFest is scheduled for Sept. 20-22 2013.

THE LAST WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER STARTING THURSDAY TO SUNDAY - 26th-29th IS OPEN BUT FRIDAY EVE OF THE 27th IS BOOKED FOR A EVENING NAVY DINNER (they said this dinner may be in held in the Conference area or the Dome)

THE FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER STARTING THURSDAY TO SUNDAY - 3rd-6th IS COMPLETELY OPEN AS OF RIGHT NOW!

NOTICE:THEY SAID WE SHOULD PROBABLY PENCIL IN A DATE BECAUSE OF WEDDINGS AND SUCH IF WE WANT TO USE THE CONFERENCE AREA AT OVERHEAD PILLION AREA

:dunno: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS AWAY TO CONTACT ALL MEMBER HERE ON THE FORUM TO ADVISE THEM OF THIS EVENT? :dunno:

IF WE WANT TO MAKE THIS EVENT A "REALITY" WE MUST PICK A DATE AND START PLANNING NOW!

:party2013 XLR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVENT INFORMATION :party

I HAD CHECK IN WITH THE NCM TODAY TO SEE WHAT DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR OUR FALL 2013 XLR EVENT 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
I only checked on these 2 weekends below because these seemed to be the best ones you all was post of.

I did NOT the check the weekend of 20th because I had read that the MAM FunFest is scheduled for Sept. 20-22 2013.

THE LAST WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER STARTING THURSDAY TO SUNDAY - 26th-29th IS OPEN BUT FRIDAY EVE OF THE 27th IS BOOKED FOR A EVENING NAVY DINNER (they said this dinner may be in held in the Conference area or the Dome)

THE FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER STARTING THURSDAY TO SUNDAY - 3rd-6th IS COMPLETELY OPEN AS OF RIGHT NOW!

NOTICE:THEY SAID WE SHOULD PROBABLY PENCIL IN A DATE BECAUSE OF WEDDING AND SUCH IF WE WANT TO USE THE CONFERENCE AREA AT OVERHEAD PILLION AREA

:dunno: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS AWAY TO CONTACT ALL MEMBER HERE ON THE FORUM TO ADVISE THEM OF THIS EVENT? :dunno:

IF WE WANT TO MAKE THIS EVENT A "REALITY" WE MUST PICK A DATE AND START PLANNING NOW!

thats bad for me. Since i will be out of the country from mid sept- early dec. Dang i would love to get up there and see all the XLR's. I guess someone will have to take lots of pics. I guess you all can print out my pic of mine and paste it on a plaque somewhere. LOL

Sorry to read this I was hoping to meet in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

As of today, there are no plans for a 10th Anniversary event. You guys can still pick a date & put something together. :wave:

Kind 'of makes me appreciate what Jim did to get the RII and RIII together in Bowling Green!! How did he ever do it, over the phone mostly, and while in NM? As I look back on that,,,, if I didn't say it then,, I'll say it now, Thanks Jim!!

If I can help to get anything going on this BG trip, let me know!!

Chad

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back