Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Your State's Registration Fee

XLR-V Lover

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR-V
Quite awhile back someone started what I thought was a pretty interesting thread, let's start it again.

How much does your state charge you each year to renew your XLR's registration?

I remember some states were very reasonable, while others were absolutely unbelievable!!!

To start it off, Florida charges $71.85.

Illinois charges $99 standard plates, $106 Personalized plates, $112 Vanity plates.

In WA state, I paid around $60 a year for my XLR tags. When I moved to CA, I went in to register it, and they wanted $2700! (The difference in sales tax.) If I was a resident and bought a car out of state and then brought it in, I could understand . . . but I'd owned the car for years and paid ot off, and they still wanted to charge me here!!

This year it was only $206.

Watch CA fiscally implode --it won't be because there wasn't enough money. . .

CCC :dunno:

Here in NC, it is $38 plus $20 additional for vanity plates.

Property taxes must be paid on the vehicle as well, but are paid separately to the county.

Here in VA it's about $35 plus $10 annually for vanity plates. Personal Property Taxes are paid separately.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Colorado Lic Fee's

I renewed mine March of this year. Own Tax $283.37, Lic. Fee $69.57, Road Fee $23.00, Bridge Fee $18.00. Total $352.94 This is on my 2006 XLR

registration---------$ 35.00
property tax--------$956.65
dmv modernization--$ 4.00
_______

Labette co Kansas-2006 xlr-v March 2012 :banghead: nobody said I had to buy it.

Had to come up with $5200 in Jan. 2011 when I had to pay the sales tax too.

Personal Property Tax this year would have been $679.00 this year. Since my Wife and I are both disabled, we are exempt from paying Personal Property Tax and Real Estate Tax.....I love Henrico County.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Just paid mine in Montana... $251. The first time I registered it in 2008, registration was close to $600. We have no sales tax in MT.

From JUL2012 for 2008 XLR-V in KY Registration $21 Ad Valorem which includes State, County, School, Library, Health Dept, Extension Service and Fire Dept $574 Total $595

I see many states charge some type of property/usage tax, is that every year, or is it just collected the first time the car is registered?

I see many states charge some type of property/usage tax, is that every year, or is it just collected the first time the car is registered?

Colorado and Arizona is every year. As the vehicles age the rate goes down.

Georgia is based on perceived value and decreases with age of the vehicle. Also veries by county of residence

In KY you pay 6% sales tax + registration the first year then every year thereafter ad valorem which varies from county to county (based on value) + registration .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom