Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Jon & Kate Plus 8

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
I don't know if anybody is up to date on this show or watches it. I being the realty show junkie, that I am, would like to give the story and start a thread on the show.
This show is on TLC. They are in there five season now which aired May 25th.
Here is a little background to the show. Jon and Kate have been married for 10 years. She took fertility drugs pregnant with twins. Three years later she wanted more children she went through the peocedure again. This time she was pregnant with seven children, she miscarried one embryo. Jon was an IT guy for a cabinet place, Kate a nurse. After the birth of the sextuplets TLC did a couple of specials on a family handle the day to day life raising multiples. Whith High ratings TLC decided to give them a series. Jon & Kate Plus 8 was born.
Now for the controversy. Jon and Kate show started losing their ratings last season, so there was talk that the show would not be renewed after this season. Well all of a sudden Jon was caught with a 22 year old school teacher and there is alligations he is having an affair with her. He has been photographed coming out of a bar with out his wedding ring on and her driving his car. There is a video of him leaving her house at 6:00 am, and of her sunning herself on his front lawn while Kate was out of town. There is also allegations that Kate is also having an affair with her body guard and that she is a really big b**ch.
Now bloggers are saying all this is just for ratings and that there are no affairs. The family makes $50,000-$75,000 an episode, multiplied by 89 episodes gives you 6.6 millio roughly. Not to mention all the freebies they get plus Kate has book deals. Bloggers have also said that they have an open marriage and they won't divorce because of the money.
It has also been announced that now that an investigation has been started to see if this show violates the child-labor laws.
For those of you wondering what the hype is about that is it.
So given all that what are your thoughts.
:dunno:

Thanks for the update. I've never the show, but I've seen them on the magazine covers.

You need your own reality show..."The Supa Freak Show" :lol:

Thanks for the update. I've never the show, but I've seen them on the magazine covers.

You need your own reality show..."The Supa Freak Show" :lol:
It would be entertaining. That is for sure.:laugh::laugh:
If you have any question on Jon and Kate let me know I have bought all the magazines with them to get the scoop.

Any nody that has that many kids is CRAZY! That is what I think, who cares what they are doing. They had all these kids so that they can be noticed and make money. Poor little kids! :rolleyes:

It would be entertaining. That is for sure.:laugh::laugh:
If you have any question on Jon and Kate let me know I have bought all the magazines with them to get the scoop.

Big Annoncement

TLC has been running commercials all weekend that there is going to be a big annoncement tonight on the show. It could be the annoncement of a divorce or separation. It has been reported that Jon has been looking at apartments in New York. :willy_nilly:

Spoiler Alert

They did their interviews individually. Telling that they had grown apart and that the most important thing to each one of them was their children. They said how they fought all the time and it wasn't good for the children. They explained how they are not perfect. They said that they are separating and then after they said that up on the TV screen pops up that on June 22 that legal procedings had began for dissolution of their 10 year marriage. During the interview sessions Kate said that the show will go on. They explained that the had already set a schedule, she would have them at her time and she will leave and Jon will have them. That they would film the show accordingly. You will see them with her and the children with him. So they have filed for divorce.

Well now they can get rid of a reality show!!! Too many of them anyway. Makes me think they set the whole thing up just for the money.

Bruce is right--a reality show aboout you would be much more entertaining:blinzel:

P.S. someone close this thread!!!

Yes I agree with Bruce too! We need one about SF!!!:rocker:
Well now they can get rid of a reality show!!! Too many of them anyway. Makes me think they set the whole thing up just for the money.

Bruce is right--a reality show aboout you would be much more entertaining:blinzel:

P.S. someone close this thread!!!

I don't think that with the baggage they have that they will ever find love again for a long time. To much going on and too much to do with the kids. They will grow up and maybe realize how much they had and get back together. It is probably the only thing to do. All the spotlight right now just did not help. :rolleyes:
They did their interviews individually. Telling that they had grown apart and that the most important thing to each one of them was their children. They said how they fought all the time and it wasn't good for the children. They explained how they are not perfect. They said that they are separating and then after they said that up on the TV screen pops up that on June 22 that legal procedings had began for dissolution of their 10 year marriage. During the interview sessions Kate said that the show will go on. They explained that the had already set a schedule, she would have them at her time and she will leave and Jon will have them. That they would film the show accordingly. You will see them with her and the children with him. So they have filed for divorce.

I don't think that with the baggage they have that they will ever find love again for a long time. To much going on and too much to do with the kids. They will grow up and maybe realize how much they had and get back together. It is probably the only thing to do. All the spotlight right now just did not help. :rolleyes:
They put themselves in the spotlight. I think Jon got tired of it and wanted it to stop. Kate wants to keep going. She even said last night that the show will go on they need the money to support that many children. I do know there is alot of money that will be at stake on this divorce. Hopefully the rags will not put the children through a nasty divorce. :ugh:

Hopefully the rags will not put the children through a nasty divorce. :ugh:

FAT chance of that!!!! The media go to milk this for all it's worth!!! I'm sorry for the kids!! It's going to be rough for them!

FAT chance of that!!!! The media go to milk this for all it's worth!!! I'm sorry for the kids!! It's going to be rough for them!
I agree... the kids are the ones that are going to suffer. The promoter should just pull the plug on the show and call it quits. I, for one, think it was a stupid idea for a show to begin with... next thing that will happen, is a show called "OctoMom". What is this world coming to???

I agree... the kids are the ones that are going to suffer. The promoter should just pull the plug on the show and call it quits. I, for one, think it was a stupid idea for a show to begin with... next thing that will happen, is a show called "OctoMom". What is this world coming to???

I think it's amazing that this couple has given up after "month's" of problems. Heck, I've been married 44 years - I don't ever remember some "months". How is it that it has become not shocking that a couple bail on their responsibility as parents and partners? Now there are 8 more children in the world who will not come home to mommy & daddy, because mommy & daddy can't work out their problems. If they can't work out their own, how do they expect to help their children grow up to solve their problems? I hated hearing the father of these kids say - well, I'm only 32.... What he forgot to say is I'm 32 and we have 8 children to parent. Both of those parents referred to the home as "the children's house" ... not once did they refer to it as their home. Neither one of them mentioned any counseling, intervention, or any other effort made on behalf of the marriage - I'm sure none of us will know what measures they took .... but all they showed the world was what they wanted to share ... so, the opinions, press and gossip shouldn't shock them. There is an old saying about "airing dirty laundry ...." :(

My opinion is they did it for the money. I think they each knew of the other being unfaithful and they were fine with it until it became media attention. Then the divorce and more ratings. They both made it clear the show will go on. The eight children in my opinion has not been their concern. The plug does need to be pulled on this show so that those children can mend their broken hearts out of the media. And please do not give Octomom a show and do not get me started on her.

Update

On Tuesday TLC halted production of the show. They may not be halting it for the right reasons but at least for now it has stopped.

There’s more fallout from Monday night’s big Jon and Kate Gosselin divorce announcement.
While Jon and Kate are breaking up, the show itself is taking a break.
TLC has temporarily halted production on ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8,’ reports The Los Angeles Times.

The super-sized reality hit is six episodes into their fifth season, for which 40 episodes had been ordered.
According to the LA Times:
“Because of all the turmoil in the Gosselin’s marriage, TLC does not have enough footage to put together new episodes right now as its production schedule had become very last minute. Episodes this season were often completed as late as the day of airing.”
“It’s just not good for us to be arguing in front of our kids,” Jon said during Monday’s tension-filled special episode.

Well I agree with you all! You got the gang talking about this now SF and the opinions are all good ones! You tell em :rocker:!
My opinion is they did it for the money. I think they each knew of the other being unfaithful and they were fine with it until it became media attention. Then the divorce and more ratings. They both made it clear the show will go on. The eight children in my opinion has not been their concern. The plug does need to be pulled on this show so that those children can mend their broken hearts out of the media. And please do not give Octomom a show and do not get me started on her.

I think the main problem is if people didn't watch shows like this, TV would not continue airing them. After all, it's all about the ratings...

Breaking News.......

As reported early the Jon & Kate plus 8 show is being halt for the moment. A new show is now in the works........ Jon dumps Kate, who gets the Eight!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Didn't take him long.

Let us see. It has been 20 days since they filed for divorce and Jon is on girlfriend #3. First while he was married he was photo with a 22 year old teacher. Last week he admited he was dating the 22 year old daughter of the doctor who did Kate's tummy tuck and he was on vacation with her in France. Now today it is reported that Jon is dating a 26 year old reporter who works for Star. :pat: Where is Kate, at home taking care of their 8 children. I know no one cares. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom