Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

We just returned from a 550 mile weekend road trip to Tuscaloosa for the A-Day game at Bama. Of course, this was a Caddy venture as we were itching to stretch her out a bit after acquiring in February. We used a combo route of interstate and two-lane state roads... and she performed like a champ!

We had over 92k at the game and lots of gawkers and compliments around our parking spot. Most everyone had never even seen an XLR before, which was not surprising as I hadn't either until last Fall. It was interesting how traffic would adjust their travel speed to hang around a bit to look... that is if I wasn't blowing by them instead! Lots of fun on an every year occurrence for us... made extra-special via the mode of transport!

I'm certain you guys know exactly what I mean! :rocker:

Must say I hate the gawkers they tend to screw up traffic. We have that problem with the XLR and SHO, follow me till we stop and then ask us about the car.

Carolina Members, 'so sorry to hear about the tragedy that hit your state yesterday ... I hope you and yours are all safe.
xxoo RA

Must say I hate the gawkers they tend to screw up traffic. We have that problem with the XLR and SHO, follow me till we stop and then ask us about the car.
Had a guy stop me at intersection on Sunday and asked me if my X was the new 600hp cadillac 2 door. I told him yes but it was 675hp. He just said WOW and iI left it at that. LOL

CornDog visit

CornDog stopped by work today to drop off some blank DVDs and a box of Longs doughnuts. I don't think they will make it home (the doughnuts not the DVDs):lol: CornDog needs to post a picture of his new sign from Charleston.:wave:

Put gas in the Expiditon today. $4.09 for regular unleaded. :pat:
It is however cheaper than house going up in flames from plugging in your electric car. Just sayin.

put $100 in the Escalade today... starting to have flash backs to a few years ago.

We have to make a quick trip to the St Paul area... my uncle passed away this past weekend. His family lives north of St Paul in Chisago, MN. So, we'll head out probably Friday or Saturday morning and return on Monday. Cindy has to finalize payroll early next week.
Then, we leave next Saturday for thE Phoenix area to golf, etc., to celebrate my good friend's 50th birthday. Also going to take in the Diamondbacks/Rockies baseball series while there... GO ROCKIES!!!!

We have to make a quick trip to the St Paul area... my uncle passed away this past weekend. His family lives north of St Paul in Chisago, MN. So, we'll head out probably Friday or Saturday morning and return on Monday. Cindy has to finalize payroll early next week.
Then, we leave next Saturday for thE Phoenix area to golf, etc., to celebrate my good friend's 50th birthday. Also going to take in the Diamondbacks/Rockies baseball series while there... GO ROCKIES!!!!

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. I guess I will miss you in Phoenix as I am leaving the 28th to return to Colorado Springs. Will arrive there on the 29th.

Carolina Members, 'so sorry to hear about the tragedy that hit your state yesterday ... I hope you and yours are all safe.
xxoo RA

Everyhing's OK at the House of Crimson Pearl. We did have a hailstorm while we were in Asheville that damaged my Tahoe, but all other vehicles were tucked safely in their garages.

CP

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. I guess I will miss you in Phoenix as I am leaving the 28th to return to Colorado Springs. Will arrive there on the 29th.

Thanks FR...
Guess we'll have to catch up with you another time... hopefully we'll have a chance to get together with Jetboy while in the Phoenix area.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

We just returned from a 550 mile weekend road trip to Tuscaloosa for the A-Day game at Bama. Of course, this was a Caddy venture as we were itching to stretch her out a bit after acquiring in February. We used a combo route of interstate and two-lane state roads... and she performed like a champ!

We had over 92k at the game and lots of gawkers and compliments around our parking spot. Most everyone had never even seen an XLR before, which was not surprising as I hadn't either until last Fall. It was interesting how traffic would adjust their travel speed to hang around a bit to look... that is if I wasn't blowing by them instead! Lots of fun on an every year occurrence for us... made extra-special via the mode of transport!

I'm certain you guys know exactly what I mean! :rocker:

It's good to hear that you had a fun drive. The XLRs drew a lot of attention in Charleston. It is so cool seeing a group of them together. Cubby will have to tell the story of the guys that saw the XLRs driving down Meeting St. on Thursday. The owner of Hyman's Seafood even stopped by our table to talk about the XLRs. Cubby gave him an event dash plaque to remember our visit (like you could forget our group).:)

Met a new prospect today at work. He just bought a black xlr V last October. I told him about the forum and our get together's so we may have a new Midwest Marauder.

Over 500

I see the forum has reached another milestone... over 500 members with the newest, graytoad... welcome!!
I think kudos should go out to Rob for running the BEST XLR forum on the Internet (at least in my thinking)...

Finished planting Petunia's and Marigolds this afternoon. Put new heads on all the drip lines so everything should stay alive while I am back in Colorado. Tomorrow I will give them a dose of Miracle Grow. May have a jungle when I get back.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Son's wedding today, taking the car. Should be a great day.

Congratulations! It is awesome to expand our families .... you will love having a daughter! Have a great time Brian .... congratulate June for us.
RA

Time flies

2 weeks ago we were on our way to Asheville...
1 week ago we were leaving Charleston for home. My, how time flies.:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom