Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Local Car Shows

Really beautiful cars

The pictures were great, I loved the Plymouth Belvedere, my brother had one and I got to drive it once in awhile. They were all beautiful to look at...looks like it was a great day...:D;):wave: jeanie

It was a great show, like George said last year, there was something for everybody. The weather cleared up by the time we arrived. As you can tell by the pictures there were a lot of high quality cars in the show. The '58 Cadillac Eldorado was one of our favorites along with the '59 Studebaker Speedster.

Carmel,IN car show 2011

Here's a few pictures from Saturday's show.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Nice pics. I was looking for Scarlett-V. :D

What an awesome car show ... I'd be there for DAYS looking at all of the cool cars. Something for everyone there ... even the exotics for Devin. :cool:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with us, Bruce. AMAZING!!!

Oh, what beautiful pictures, I wish I had been there...The cars are beautiful and Kathy's pictures are really good...next year!!!!!

Hey Bruce,
I wish I was there to see that 57 Olds 88, my Fiesta is the same colour but it is old and cruddy :chuckle I don't really think I will repaint it "Gold Mist Metalic" (AKA puke brown :pukeface:) again though unless I am dazzled by it otherwise when I see one in person. If you happen to have any more pictures of that could you please pm or email me? I am wondering if it belongs to a member of my Olds club that lives in Crawfordsville IN which is one hour west :confused: .

She was there...just not in the show. We parked her where I work. I would like to see a few XLRs in the show next year.:)

I will see what I can do next year about being there :blinzel: , what was the name of the show, perhaps I can keep tabs on it and if it fits in before VetteFest maybe I can do both next year.

Awesome photos BTW! :worship:

I will see what I can do next year about being there :blinzel: , what was the name of the show, perhaps I can keep tabs on it and if it fits in before VetteFest maybe I can do both next year.

Awesome photos BTW! :worship:

Here is the link from this year: http://carmelartomobilia.eventbrite.com/

Hopefully the dates for 2012 will be posted soon.

XLR corral

I just spoke with the gentleman that is in charge of the car show, and he said he would have a Cadillac/ XLR parking area for you guys @ next years show! He said they are working on dates and classes for next year. I will keep in touch with him. He said they would like to have more Cadillacs in the show.:)

Put the XLR in its first formally judged show. Guess I'm not really surprised at how it went.

The judges didn't even want to look at it - had to drag them over when they thought they were done judging everything. They looked under the hood, asked questions that showed they didn't know what they were looking at, shared comments about their Vettes, & didn't even glance at the rest of the car. I had put a lot of work into it until it was blinding on the outside, spotless inside. It never even got a fair shot.

We put the mostly stock GT 500 in the show & barely got around to washing, dusting, & vacuuming it. It came in 2d in a large class of Mustangs - this at a Corvette club sponsored show.

And so it goes ...

Put the XLR in its first formally judged show. Guess I'm not really surprised at how it went.

The judges didn't even want to look at it - had to drag them over when they thought they were done judging everything. They looked under the hood, asked questions that showed they didn't know what they were looking at, shared comments about their Vettes, & didn't even glance at the rest of the car. I had put a lot of work into it until it was blinding on the outside, spotless inside. It never even got a fair shot.

We put the mostly stock GT 500 in the show & barely got around to washing, dusting, & vacuuming it. It came in 2d in a large class of Mustangs - this at a Corvette club sponsored show.

And so it goes ...

Not surprising to me in the least... your last sentence pretty much sums it up. Congrats on your 2nd place for your GT500!!

And so it goes ...

Know the feeling I've taken the XLR to many shows and at this one i parked beside a 05 Mustang that won and just have to wonder what was so great about that Mustang that even got the votes :dunno::dunno:

Dan

I'm "detail girl" for both cars so I do take heart in the 2d for the GT 500 (& I know what a half fanny job I did on it). I honestly don't know how it took 2d over another GT 500 there, but I won't question it. But geesh, wish the judges at least actually walked around the XLR before panning it!

I took mine to a local Corvette Club sponsored car show - non judged - and pretty much found the same thing. The Corvette owners hardly looked at my XLR... one even said something about "thanks for bringing your 'other' car here". The Corvette Club did however said they would make an "exception" and "let" me join their Corvette Club. I'm still waiting for the info they said I would get in the mail... and this was a couple months ago. Glad I didn't hold my breath waiting...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom