Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Car cover

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Shhhh - secret. :squint:

I want to buy a Ray a couple of car covers for Christmas.

I need some advice ...

Here's what I would like to find:

Lightweight/folds compactly for traveling.
Effective in the sun and rain.
Liner gentle to the car's finish.

We have carcovers for at home .... but it would be nice if we could cover the car when we are on vacation - especially to avoid things like the sap that got us last year in the parking lot at BBB.

Any ideas???

Thanks ....

Right in your backyard!!

I need some advice ...

We have carcovers for at home .... but it would be nice if we could cover the car when we are on vacation - especially to avoid things like the sap that got us last year in the parking lot at BBB.

Any ideas???

Thanks ....

RA,
Check out www.calcarcovers.com . They have all different covers available, but I would suggest either the ultaweave or stormweave for what you want it for. Their prices on all covers range from 180-370, plus they are mage for your car not a generic cover. My baby sleeps with one in the winter and has never complained.:chuckle:chuckle

I need some advice ...

Any ideas???

Thanks ....

I would go with Covercraft's NOAH car cover. It's by far the best cover I have found for weather and "stuff" resistance. I found the best price on www.ultimatetruck.com; they can also get covers for cars and are custom made for your vehicle.

California Car Cover is right around the corner from me. They have excellent fit and quality. Here is their selector guide:
http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_find2.aspx
I prefer conventional material to the NOAH, but both work well. For the road these may be bulky, especially for our minuscule trunks. I was thinking there was a lightweight nylon available, but don't see it listed.
Bruce
Not parking under the trees helps keep sap off also, but I guess you know that now.

You are right ..... trunk space is the biggest concern because I thought it would be great for when we travel .... I was sort of trying to find one that was made out of, ummm, like parachute material ..... I think that would fold well .... does anyone have any experience with a cover like that?

My buddy had one similar to that for his '56 Chevy, but I don't see the material listed now. You might call them direct.
Bruce

I thought that is why we traveled together so you can use the extra space in my car for extras, like shoes, novelty items, left over food, etc.
You are right ..... trunk space is the biggest concern because I thought it would be great for when we travel .... I was sort of trying to find one that was made out of, ummm, like parachute material ..... I think that would fold well .... does anyone have any experience with a cover like that?

I think the one you are looking for is the Extremeweave from calcarcover.com. We have this one for our STS and it doesn't take up much room when folded up.

Bruce :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back