Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Va. Beach/Outer Banks XLR Trip May 3-9, 2015

Sounds GREAT :thumbsup ......hopefully the Mrs." and I can make the trip or at least for a couple of days. :cool:

We've been looking over the info, looks like an AWESOME trip. We will have to wait & see if we can make it work. It sure would be fun to see our XLR friends again. We'll pass along the info to Photo Mom. Thanks again for putting this together.:thumbsup

This looks like it will work out for me next spring. Count me in! What a fantastic opportunity for us to see such beautiful part of the country. Thanks Mike and Amy. I hope we have a pretty good size of a group. :cool:

Dave

Amy and I remembered you commenting on "end of the month" inventory was a no go for you so we made sure to stay away from that time frame. We look forward to seeing you again. :wave:

We've been looking over the info, looks like an AWESOME trip. We will have to wait & see if we can make it work. It sure would be fun to see our XLR friends again. We'll pass along the info to Photo Mom. Thanks again for putting this together.:thumbsup

I know that I speak for many when I say that I certainly hope to see you folks on this trip!

Amy and I remembered you commenting on "end of the month" inventory was a no go for you so we made sure to stay away from that time frame. We look forward to seeing you again. :wave:

Mike,

Thank you very much - I truly appreciate it. I am DEFINITELY a YES for this trip. I already have my time off submitted at work. Right now, the next task is convincing my wife, Cindy, to come with. She is definitely interested in visiting Virginia Beach - just not the 14+ hour drive. I told her that I am fine with driving down there in a caravan of XLR's from Indy or something, by myself... I will fly her down and back to Chicago. :cool: Devin is a bit disappointed since he is still in school ... but I told him ... GET A JOB, PAY ME RENT; SO I CAN BUY AN XLR V - THEN YOU CAN DRIVE MY XLR BASE ON TRIPS LIKE THIS. :laugh:

REALLY looking forward to seeing you guys again!... and all my other XLR friends. :wave:

Sounds great Dave look me up on Thursday evening or Friday as I don't believe we got to personally hook up in BG. We will be joining up then on our way back up from Myrtle Beach SC from our 35 Anniversary Trip hope to see all the XLR gang then [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to attend this event due to bad timing on our behalf. Too many events conflicting our time, we will likely still be in Texas or on our way home to Ontario Canada when you are all cruising the coast. (& the XLR is winterized on Ontario) I appreciate all the work you have put into organizing this and am sorry we will not be there.
Sandy & Steve

Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to attend this event due to bad timing on our behalf. Too many events conflicting our time, we will likely still be in Texas or on our way home to Ontario Canada when you are all cruising the coast. (& the XLR is winterized on Ontario) I appreciate all the work you have put into organizing this and am sorry we will not be there.
Sandy & Steve

Sorry too read this Sandy & Steve we and I'm sure the rest of the group :grouphug: will miss seeing you...... Have a great Thanksgiving and Safe Holiday Season :wave:

Yeah me too. I have to start saving $$$$ because I'm going to be leaving in 2016 for places unknown. Well at least 5 places unknown. Mom and I will be out of the country again. I did read the post a couple months ago when i was back home in the midwest. But even though the north carolina would be the closest i would be able to make. I still need to save up for this big cruise mom and i are going on. We will be gone for around 3 months. jan 5th 2016- the end of april. 115 days total. When i saw the thread of this trip i was excited because it was a little closer then the sept BG one was. It was also in the months that i would be home. But unfortunately :( unless things change and a miracle happens. I will not be able to attend this event. But i still will keep a open mind and hopefully later i can attend. Like i said before unless a miracle happens then as for now i have to decline.

But on another note. I have been getting a tender and other things that i will be needing for the time that i will be w/o my baby. I have been making mental notes of what i need to do to prepare for storage of the XLR.

Last edited:
Sandy & Steve

We will miss you guys! If somehow things shake out so you're nearby, don't hesitate to stop by for anything you can. We were looking forward to seeing Sandy with her bionic knee & back to her usual spunk post BG! :thumbsup

Take ken care & hope to catch up with you later, Mike & Amy

Yeah me too. I have to start saving $$$$ because I'm going to be leaving in 2016 for places unknown. Well at least 5 places unknown. Mom and I will be out of the country again. I did read the post a couple months ago when i was back home in the midwest. But even though the north carolina would be the closest i would be able to make. I still need to save up for this big cruise mom and i are going on. We will be gone for around 3 months. jan 5th 2016- the end of april. 115 days total. When i saw the thread of this trip i was excited because it was a little closer then the sept BG one was. It was also in the months that i would be home. But unfortunately :( unless things change and a miracle happens. I will not be able to attend this event. But i still will keep a open mind and hopefully later i can attend. Like i said before unless a miracle happens then as for now i have to decline.

But on another note. I have been getting a tender and other things that i will be needing for the time that i will be w/o my baby. I have been making mental notes of what i need to do to prepare for storage of the XLR.

Hopefully things will work out for you one way or another - it's still a ways off! :wave:

Just made reservations for both Hotels.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in May! :wave:

Just made reservations for both Hotels.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in May! :wave:

That's great! Something really nice to look forward to as today here it was windy & rainy and "felt like" 33 degrees despite actually being a balmy 41. :xmas: It's MUCH nicer in May!

VA hotels done

Well........ The cruise is done,, the grand baby was born (1st one, a boy), Turkey day is over with, the son's engagement is announced and the wedding day is set, luckily this trip is in May, the wedding, June, X-mas is over with too and don't forget New Year's. Finally,,,, some time to get this trip planned!! Got our VA Beach/Outer banks hotels booked! Now, have to book our hotels for the drive out there. Think we'll take two days for the drive!! So, Mike & Amy, we'll see ya' in May!! Does anyone have a roster yet of who's showing up for this trip? Come on people!!! Let's get a bunch of people/cars!! Looks like Mike & Amy got some great things to see and do, Rogene and I are anxious too see that part of the country!

Well........ The cruise is done,, the grand baby was born (1st one, a boy), Turkey day is over with, the son's engagement is announced and the wedding day is set, luckily this trip is in May, the wedding, June, X-mas is over with too and don't forget New Year's. Finally,,,, some time to get this trip planned!! Got our VA Beach/Outer banks hotels booked! Now, have to book our hotels for the drive out there. Think we'll take two days for the drive!! So, Mike & Amy, we'll see ya' in May!! Does anyone have a roster yet of who's showing up for this trip? Come on people!!! Let's get a bunch of people/cars!! Looks like Mike & Amy got some great things to see and do, Rogene and I are anxious too see that part of the country!

Wow, you've been BUSY! Congrats on everything, especially your first grand baby! Great to hear you booked the hotels - you got the important stuff done now :thumbsup - we're looking forward to seeing you & Rogene!

As for a roster, right now these folks have told us they've made reservations:
Crimson Pearl (Ken & Alexis)
BobW & Gayle
Chad & Rogene
'05 Grand Daddy (Dan & Wendy - last 1/2 of trip)

These folks said they were planning on or hoping to come for all or part of the trip:
Cubby & Supa
Chicago Dave
Nils & Elise
ald42 (Al & Judy)
Eslic1
XFireXLR
Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
Harrisburg Hat (Dave)

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone!

I believe the deadlines to get the block rates for the rooms are running out towards the end of March - we'll post the exact deadlines soon!

Local/Hampton Roads area owners

Our dealer has been promoting our trip to the XLR owners they know - hopefully some of them will join us! Mike & I have long been wanting to organize drives & other activities with nearby owners, just catching up with them has been the hitch.

For locals & anyone else interesting in coming on the trip, but maybe not so much in seeing local sites you may have already seen (or just don't care to see), we will be doing other things such as caravanning to dinners and hopefully going on some scenic drives. We also travel as a group to the museums & other places we'll be visiting. If you think you get attention driving your XLR by yourself, try experiencing it in a group! - I've literally seen traffic stop to let us go through together. Finally, we plan to set up some great group photo opportunities & already have several in mind. For ideas of what it's like for these things, see pictures below! (first a caravan from a Bowling Green trip, second a group photo at the Virginia monument in Gettysburg).

Dash plaques are in progress & we also have trip shirt designs in mind - just have to work on cost and feasibility. We've been getting lots of behind the scenes help & advice, a big thank you for all of that so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 274
Just a few more awesome memories @ Gettysburg & Bowling Green Ky.

1c12a8606dad1838c93bd1e822c691b1.jpg

2ee5fa0ab7a7a54892d1e1a69e3c9fa2.jpg

b35a27028392b7ee1d50991290accb35.jpg

2b0d598291e3fa2c554e05a8e1bb3783.jpg
535dd3c699ba2754acd887b07c961375.jpg
fab136dd28b980cc90f088ce584e5f4c.jpg
ccb1267a54d0d7b065a14e133d511195.jpg
12c204e886c9107e15fd9f5c7491251b.jpg

e98f453284ef3eea4dceedb5c56e4fba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
Just made reservations for the Virginia Beach/ Outer Banks trip. Beth and I will be there the entire week. For the Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio folks going on this trip, I found a great Inn located in Lewisburg, WV on I-64 just west of Beckley if you want to break the trip up and stay there Saturday night. Cubby, Supa, Cadillac Tech and Photo Girl - We could meet you in Chilicothe,OH (I-35) and caravan. That would leave about a 5 hour drive for Sunday.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry