Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight not working after bulb change

redbaron5

As title states, passenger headlight went out on 06 XLR-V. DLR and signals still worked. Went to change the bulb and the old one came out looking in like new condition, changed anyway, still no headlight. Swapped headlight sides to test wiring, passenger unit did not work hooked to drivers side wiring. Drivers headlamp worked on passenger wiring. Does the ballast inside the unit go bad? Could this be the issue? Appreciate any insight.

Kevin

It sounds like the ballast is bad, if you took the complete passenger side unit and plugged into the drivers side wiring and it did not work. The ballast still shows as being available, part number 89025124

As title states, passenger headlight went out on 06 XLR-V. DLR and signals still worked. Went to change the bulb and the old one came out looking in like new condition, changed anyway, still no headlight. Swapped headlight sides to test wiring, passenger unit did not work hooked to drivers side wiring. Drivers headlamp worked on passenger wiring. Does the ballast inside the unit go bad? Could this be the issue? Appreciate any insight.

Kevin

Hey Cubby... How have you been? My problem is just the opposite... my right headlamp went out, had another assembly, so changed it out. Also have a left side assembly on my shelf, so hooked the ballast from it to the right side, plugged it in and still no headlamp. What to check next?? Want to fix the old right side headlamp so i have a spare... just in case...

Sent you a pm Rod.

Hey Cubby... How have you been? My problem is just the opposite... my right headlamp went out, had another assembly, so changed it out. Also have a left side assembly on my shelf, so hooked the ballast from it to the right side, plugged it in and still no headlamp. What to check next?? Want to fix the old right side headlamp so i have a spare... just in case...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom