Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

I rarely have time to peruse the forums, but received an announcement and thought this might be fun, plus an excuse to drive the XLR, and take vacation. I'm still reading, so far in post 104 I saw days, but not dates, maybe I missed it.
Anyhow, we would definitely be interested. Looking forward to more info (subscribed) so we can start planning.
Thanks,
Bruce and Tracy
2005 XLR

I rarely have time to peruse the forums, but received an announcement and thought this might be fun, plus an excuse to drive the XLR, and take vacation. I'm still reading, so far in post 104 I saw days, but not dates, maybe I missed it.
Anyhow, we would definitely be interested. Looking forward to more info (subscribed) so we can start planning.
Thanks,
Bruce and Tracy
2005 XLR

I agree Bruce, hard to put a finger on what date has been decided but it turns out to be the last week of September has been decided on. Tuesday September the 25th is the first Tuesday mentioned if they do a NCM driving thing at the track (I have an important charity fundraiser I run that day) and Wednesday on for the remainder of the plans. Personally I/we will head down early Wednesday morning (we live near Niagara Falls, Ontario) and should arrive by dinner time and hope there may be a few others that would like to stay after the weekend a few days to take in more local attractions and socializing etc.

Count me and Cindy in (and Devin, I'm sure). 2018 is a long ways away, but with enough notice, I might be able to swing it. I had to cut the 10th Reunion short, due to being the end of Sept (quarter end at work - very busy). My only drawback will be my health by then... But God willing, I will be there with both XLRs. No walking cave tours for me though.

Hey Dave, tried sending you a PM but you are over quota. You mentioned your health: hope you are doing OK. We are thinking of you and wishing you the best. S&S

YES! ADD ME TO THE LIST

Hey Gang, while I don't post much on here, I'm glad to hear about this reunion. I'm very interested in attending this event. I have a 2007 XLR-V with 86,000 miles on it. If you ever want to reach me quicker just email me at r4tikis@aol.com Thanks! "Greg"

Chad, As you can tell I'm not too good at responding (My apologies!) but please ADD ME TO THE LIST for the 15 Year Re-Union. Most likely it will just be me coming up (from Florida), but there's a chance I may be able to talk my wife into going (she has family up that way) too. I'll know more as we get closer to the date. I'd love to be able to take a "test drive" on the Track (just to say I was there), but I'm not interested in an all day "Track Day." I'll do the distillery tour too.

PS If you ever want to reach me quicker, email me at r4tikis@aol.com

Thanks! I look forward to meeting all of you.

Greg (Tikiman100)

Can we attend this function without our XLR. I live in Canada and keep my car in the U.S. If we were to come to this event in Sept we would leave from Canada without our car and then go to the west coast of the U.S. for winter.
John F.

Can we attend this function without our XLR. I live in Canada and keep my car in the U.S. If we were to come to this event in Sept we would leave from Canada without our car and then go to the west coast of the U.S. for winter.
John F.

Speakng for myself, I vote yes! We've attended part of a XLR event in a SUV & no one kicked us out (because we were unfortunate enough the shift cable broke on the XLR, but still ...)

John F.

Hi John, Also speaking for myself! We have no problem with that! I heard that there may be some others interested in attending from California that don’t want to or are not able to drive that far. And some others maybe past XLR owners friends that would enjoy attending! The more the merrier! Lol

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! Looking forward to meeting you there! :cool:

It's good to have a spare!

Speakng for myself, I vote yes! We've attended part of a XLR event in a SUV & no one kicked us out (because we were unfortunate enough the shift cable broke on the XLR, but still ...)

We noticed that when you came to Bowling Green last time, you brought a spare XLR! :lol:

http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/bowling-green-reunion-15-years/9937-15-year-bg-plant-homecoming-in-2018-maybe.html

In 2013 we had a 10 year anniversary plant homecoming meet, that was a blast! Caddy started making our cars in 2003 for model year 2004, that's why we had the meet in 2003. How about we start planning a 15 year anniversary plant homecoming for 2018 now? The wifey and I are really missing our annual little car trips. I know that the last few XLR trips we had, we were REALLY spoiled by everything being planned out (THANKS Dave, Amy & Mike, and Bruce & Kathy for all the work you guys have done!! It was great!). Maybe for this meet we won't need someone to plan it all out. We just need a hotel deal, where we could all stay (like all our other BG trips). A tour of the plant. Heck..... Maybe if we time this meet the right time of the year, GM could preview their 2019 Vette to us, (Mid engine maybe?? HMMM.) Maybe a place where we could have a Meet & Greet Supper. One meal out at the state park, (what's the name of that place? I forgot.) What does everyone think??

Chad & Rogene

Count me in, moving from California to Mississippi has REALLY BEEN A DISASTER!
Jack (WB6BBZ)

We noticed that when you came to Bowling Green last time, you brought a spare XLR! :lol:

Yep, so I'm either brilliant (because I have a back up), or completely insane (because of having 2 cars for which there's no parts or insurance or teleporters or or or :eek: :eek:). Or maybe I'm both! :laugh:

OK..... I've been asked about dates, costs, etc and etc. here's what I got so far.

Tuesday Sept 25, 2018.

Drive in that day/ night. I think we'll have a dinner at Montana Grill. It's close, behind the hotel (haven't set anything up yet), can walk there.

Wednesday Sept 26

This day we'll go to Mammouth cave. About 20-30 miles east on I-65. I think I posted the website for this park earlier in this thread. When Rogene and I were there, it was $28 for our tour, but we got it for $14 (1/2 price) because of our US Parks pass (you did get the Park pass before the price went up as I've said earlier in this thread didn't you?). I know that there is different tours for people with different needs, the website should have them listed. Some tours are a lot of walking and with stairs. The tour Rogene and I took while there was the history tour, 2 hours, 2 miles. One area on our tour is called (not p/c correct but the right name) Fat Man's Misery. It was as it sounds! Narrow and low! I had to turn sideways and bent over to get thru!. But is was COOL!! The ranger said that we can get tour reservations at Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov ahead of time. I haven't looked at the website yet. And one other thing, wear shoes, not sandals! And might bring a jacket, it cool down there, (OK two things).

Thursday Sept 27

The day we'll drive to Makers Mark. Remember it's 400 miles, 4 hours round trip. $24 for both of us to get in for the tour (and we got samples at the end). With a group this big, I'll try and call them to set up our own tour groups. They have a small sandwich cafe there we could have a lunch there.

Friday Sept 28

The NCM tour that they have. I' posted earlier in the thread about this. I think it's $29 a head (but that includes ice cream!).

Saturday 29

The BG plant club car show. I have to get with Dave C. about entry forms. I think we'll have enough cars that we'll have our own class. I think it was about $20 to enter(?).

Sunday 30
We can all go home!

If anyone what's track time at the NCM track. I thought those that want to do that can come a day earlier and do that on Tuesday. The costs and web site is posted earlier in this thread. But..... We're going to have to get that in early!!! They are booking 2018 already.

This is a work in progress so give me some slack. We can add or change things as we go or as needed.

Chad,
We are in. I think we can handle the shirts and hats. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you still do the shirts & hats? Who's going to do the logo design? I am definitively not a artist!! I can't design nothing like that!! Anyone?

15 year BG plant homecoming in 2018? Maybe??

Yes, absolutely we can do both shirts and hats. Amy and Mike did a great job designing a logo for their outing a couple years ago, maybe they would like to take a stab at a design! If not, I'll,see what I can come up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, absolutely we can do both shirts and hats. Amy and Mike did a great job designing a logo for their outing a couple years ago, maybe they would like to take a stab at a design! If not, I'll,see what I can come up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a very nice complement! It took a while for us to come up with the VB/OBX design, was a team effort as I’m no artist either but I scribbled what I was thinking & Mike made it work. I will try to think of ideas & talk to Mike.

Article about the Museum

In the new issue (November) of Hemmings Classic Cars, there's a nice article about the Corvette Museum in BG, and it mentions some of the things available for visitors to do while there. It appears there is a way for us to drive our cars on the track.

Last edited:
In the new issue (November) of Hemmings Classic Cars, there's a nice article about the Corvette Museum in BG, and it mentions some of the things available for visitors to do while there. It appears there is a way for us to drive our cars on the track.

Read back a few pages!!

15 year Bowling Green reunion

Please keep me posted if the Bowling Green reunion be comes a reality. Would like to make the trip.

Newbie wants to attend....

I am new to the Forum, just purchased my XLR in June this year, please count me in to attend the 15th reunion at Bowling Green. :thumbsup
It will just be my Blue Baby and I... hopefully "weather permitting" running with he top down. ;)
Thanks,
Dave

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry