Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2002 Cadillac Cien Concept Car

R

rbweddle

Spent all day yesterday at the Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance and saw some beautiful cars, especially Cadillac concept cars from the past and all seven generations of Corvettes. One of the most interesting cars for XLR owners was the original 2002 Cadillac Cien Concept car from which the XLR gets it heritage. Attached are three pictures. I only wish I had taken many more pictures. Oh, well, there is next year Enjoy. Bruce:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 631
even today, 10 years later, that is still a world class design and you can see its influences on many of todays exotic supercars.

Actually Bruce, the XLR was born from the EVOQ concept car, but the Cien is still a work of art and great to see in person!!

I'll try and post a pic of the EVOQ tonight from home.

Spent all day yesterday at the Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance and saw some beautiful cars, especially Cadillac concept cars from the past and all seven generations of Corvettes. One of the most interesting cars for XLR owners was the original 2002 Cadillac Cien Concept car from which the XLR gets it heritage. Attached are three pictures. I only wish I had taken many more pictures. Oh, well, there is next year Enjoy. Bruce:cool:

Spent all day yesterday at the Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance and saw some beautiful cars, especially Cadillac concept cars from the past and all seven generations of Corvettes. One of the most interesting cars for XLR owners was the original 2002 Cadillac Cien Concept car from which the XLR gets it heritage. Attached are three pictures. I only wish I had taken many more pictures. Oh, well, there is next year Enjoy. Bruce:cool:[/QUOTE
Thanks for sharing the pics. Yesterday was a great day to be out. If i wasn't so busy with going to the warehouse store I would have loved to get up there and see all the exotic cars. :)

Found an EVOQ photo on my phone

Found a photo of the EVOQ on my phone. This was a Cadillac trip we took several year ago to Bowling Green, KY (I think Rendezvous II) Cadillac had the EVOQ on display at the local Cadillac dealership in Bowling Green.

EVOQ photo.JPG

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look somewhat like XLR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Thanks for the correction on the Cien. I should have done my math - a 2002 concept car can't become a 2004 production car. DUH. The Cien was probably influenced by the EVOQ and XLR. By the way, a good read about the development of the XLR is Cadillac XLR by John McCormick. The Cadillac 1953 Le Mans and 1959 Cyclone concepts were also at the Concours.

Most original first buyers, received a copy of the book when they bought the car. Many of us received a copy at either RII or RIII in Bowling Green from Cadillac. It is a great book and very informative. :):)

Thanks for the correction on the Cien. I should have done my math - a 2002 concept car can't become a 2004 production car. DUH. The Cien was probably influenced by the EVOQ and XLR. By the way, a good read about the development of the XLR is Cadillac XLR by John McCormick. The Cadillac 1953 Le Mans and 1959 Cyclone concepts were also at the Concours.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom