Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 replacement key fobs

key fob

Yes, it was started by a guy with an 04 who hasn't visited since May of 2015. BUT, it was perpetuated by a few other 2004 owners who also have had trouble finding the 2004 exclusive (and unavailable) fobs.

It took me six months, but I finally found an AC-Delco #10347463 (exclusive fob for 2004 XLR) on AMAZON of all places. It was a 4 month back order once once I found it.

I bet you cannot find 10347404 FCC M3n65981401 if you do let me know. Also I would like to know how to program later model.

David J

According to a post within this thread, 2004-2005 owners aren't limited to the OEM hard-to-find fob. The XLR can be programmed to accept the newer, slim style fob supplied with later models:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...68-after-market-fob-2.html?highlight=key+fobs

CC :wave:

Thank you, CC. If you read the last post in that thread, that is exactly what happens to owners of 2004 models. Nothing. From everything I've read, and from the lock and key guy I originally talked to, 2004 XLRs can only use AC-Delco #10347463 (fob 1) or 10347464 (fob 2), or swap out the receiver. The FCC ID number is critical, and exclusive to the 2004 year. 2005 and later don't have that issue.

Lucky for me, I found one on Amazon...of all places.

After a quick parts check for fobs, (transmitters) here's what I came up with. None indicated they were out of stock or discontinued. Consider using these part numbers in your search.

Fob (Transmitter) / RCDLR (Receiver)

'04: 10347467 $ 76.58 / 25947487 $175.43
'05: 151212512 $64.90 / None Listed
'06: 10354922 $ 64.90 / 25940665 $131.98
'07: 10354923 $ 64.90 / 25940665 $131.98
'08: 10354923 $ 64.90 / 25821057 $136.70
'09: 25926475 $117.00 / 25938512 $141.20

* Amended to add the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver PN.

Last edited:
BTW, if your Key Fob is just looking ratty, and you don't mind how much bigger it gets, you can make it look a lot better by buying a silicon fob cover for the early C6 Corvettes.
It makes something huge even huger, but at least it looks a little cleaner, instead of a horrible mess. lol

After a quick parts check for fobs, (transmitters) here's what I came up with. None indicated they were out of stock or discontinued. Consider using these part numbers in your search.

'04: 10347467 $76.58
'05: 151212512 $64.90
'06: 10354922 $64.90
'07: 10354923 $64.90
'08: 10354923 $64.90
'09: 25926475 $117.00

None of those will work on a 2004. Sorry.

Let me repeat this, since many people seem to just blow by the other posts and facts in this. There are ONLY TWO FOBS THAT WILL WORK ON A 2004 XLR. AC-Delco part # 1034746 for fob #1, and 10346764 as factory Fob #2. But this only gives you the big numeral 2 on the back. Either of these part #'s is all you need. But good luck finding them.

ALL OTHER FOBS WILL NOT WORK ON A 2004 (and 2004 only) unless you replace the receiver in the car! I have tried those others posted, and blew money on each of them. The FCC ID #'s are really the big deal.

04 fob on eBay last week. Was correct # used
V Happy

The problem appears that your 2004 may have the first design of the receiver (P/N10353786 or 15819140) These receivers apparently only work with the first generation Fobs (P/N 10347463 and 10347464). The 2nd generation receiver seems to be fully supported and uses Fobs 10354922 and 10354923. These are the popular fobs seen on eBay. This 2nd generation receiver is also used on some C6 Corvettes. eBay has these starting at $50. Since you already have the Fobs perhaps it's time to reach behind the glove box and swap the 1st generation receiver for a 2nd generation receiver. :cool:

From what I've seen, only a dealer can replace the receiver module. Which wouldn't be surprising, since it is the key for the car.

The problem appears that your 2004 may have the first design of the receiver (P/N10353786 or 15819140) These receivers apparently only work with the first generation Fobs (P/N 10347463 and 10347464). The 2nd generation receiver seems to be fully supported and uses Fobs 10354922 and 10354923. These are the popular fobs seen on eBay. This 2nd generation receiver is also used on some C6 Corvettes. eBay has these starting at $50. Since you already have the Fobs perhaps it's time to reach behind the glove box and swap the 1st generation receiver for a 2nd generation receiver. :cool:

From what I've seen, only a dealer can replace the receiver module. Which wouldn't be surprising, since it is the key for the car.

The receiver is located under the top dash panel and when the upper pad is removed, looks fairly easy to replace the RCDLR module. Biggest problem looks like removing the surrounding dash parts first. You'll have to have a Tech II to program the new receiver module to the car.

2004 Compatible Fob's

Hi

I was following this thread a year ago when it started because I went through the same issues. Buying the wrong edition Fob's and problems finding the correct ones for my 2004.

CCC is correct with the part numbers he lists with the 2004. He found me some part # 10347467 that are listed as replacement for 2004. I bought two.
They do have the same FCC ID as my original Fob part number 10347464 (2004 Fob 2). That 2004 FCC ID is: M3N65981401.

After they arrived I found two more part # 10347463 (2004 Fob 1) on Big Daddy Caddi. They are on there way up to me as well. Those guys down there were fantastic, they actually took the time to have a phone conversation with me before they shipped the part after reading all the different issues in the 2004 threads. :thumbsup

As soon as I have all of them sitting on my work bench and I verify the FCC on all,, through the double plastic with a magnifying glass,, and I will try to go through the delete cycle and re program three of them into my car one after another. If it all works I will update the post so that we have a decent record on here.

Further,,I read another string that refers to GM/X being first edition in 2004 and the GM/S being second edition. Currently I haven't been able to determine if that matters. :dunno: My thought is that its the FCC ID that determines. Hopefully I am correct. CCC helped me there too. ( Thanks a ton.)

When you add the two other 2005 edition Fob's that I bought the total spend on this extravaganza is a little large.
Driving a car like this that no one else has any hope of getting there hands on is worth it in my opinion.
The body style is timeless,, who would think Camaro??

As mentioned I will update for the groups info.

Best

FTH

:wave:

Hi

I was following this thread a year ago when it started because I went through the same issues. Buying the wrong edition Fob's and problems finding the correct ones for my 2004.

CCC is correct with the part numbers he lists with the 2004. He found me some part # 10347467 that are listed as replacement for 2004. I bought two.
They do have the same FCC ID as my original Fob part number 10347464 (2004 Fob 2). That 2004 FCC ID is: M3N65981401.

After they arrived I found two more part # 10347463 (2004 Fob 1) on Big Daddy Caddi. They are on there way up to me as well. Those guys down there were fantastic, they actually took the time to have a phone conversation with me before they shipped the part after reading all the different issues in the 2004 threads. :thumbsup

As soon as I have all of them sitting on my work bench and I verify the FCC on all,, through the double plastic with a magnifying glass,, and I will try to go through the delete cycle and re program three of them into my car one after another. If it all works I will update the post so that we have a decent record on here.

Further,,I read another string that refers to GM/X being first edition in 2004 and the GM/S being second edition. Currently I haven't been able to determine if that matters. :dunno: My thought is that its the FCC ID that determines. Hopefully I am correct. CCC helped me there too. ( Thanks a ton.)

When you add the two other 2005 edition Fob's that I bought the total spend on this extravaganza is a little large.
Driving a car like this that no one else has any hope of getting there hands on is worth it in my opinion.
The body style is timeless,, who would think Camaro??

As mentioned I will update for the groups info.

Best

FTH

:wave:

Great info, FTH. I purchased a #1 fob from Amazon that had the GM/S on the back, and the one working fob I had was GM/X. It's the one that was really beat up, looking like it went through the wash a few times. All other numbers matched....part number, FCC ID number. It worked perfectly, so I also made a purchase of a #2 fob from Bigg Caddy Daddy for $80. Works perfectly, as well. So, perhaps the GM/X and GM/S identification doesn't mean anything regarding compatibility.

2004 Compatible Fob's

Hey Jack,,

I really appreciate you confirming that the GM/S and GM/X are irrelevant. :thumbsup
Common sense for me always leaned toward the RCDLR doing all the work. It reads and recognizes the key fobs and matches up to what is placed in the glove box reading slot. It does what its told to do in the reprogram sequence, that is why numbers as far as #1 or #2 on the fobs are in fact irrelevant.

Finally,, some good accurate info on this topic all in one location in the forum.
Life is better that way.

Now I can't wait for the Fob #1's to arrive so I can get the job done.

Best

FTH

Not to add any confusion to the whole GM/X and GM/S issue, but I actually had a different experience trying to get the older GM/X to work on my car. I originally had one fob that was GM/S(Newer version) on my 2004 and purchased a used GM/X in the correct part number. Everything matched, but I could not get it to work on my car. I sent it back to the seller and he was able to reprogram it to the original car he was parting out, so it wasn't a case of a bad fob. I then purchased a new GM/S 10347464 that I found on eBay and it worked on the first try using the same programming process. I assumed what caused the issue was the GM/_ designation not matching, but now I'm not so sure.

Could it be perhaps that using the newer fob (GM/S) on the GM/X system works, but not vice versa?

Could it be perhaps that using the newer fob (GM/S) on the GM/X system works, but not vice versa?

That appears to be the case. Definitely good info in this thread for 2004 owners who have the misfortune of losing a fob.

2004 Compatible Fob's - programmed in using Key FOB Auto Learn

Hi,

As promised I am very pleased to update all of you in this thread after I received all of my replacement FOB's from "Bigg Daddy Caddy" and "White Racing". I went through a re programming cycle with the master key through the rear cylinder and the DIC display.

As far as the GM/S vs GM/X it doesn't seem to matter.
My 2004 XLR accepted the new GM/S with no issue and recognized them easily.
I now have the following programmed into the car and carried it out myself within an hour by using this reference in the forum:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/3677-xlr-key-fob.html

I used method 3 in the above link and it worked perfectly the first time. :thumbsup

The FOB's that the car recognized and programmed are:
GM/S 1034763 #1
GM/S 1034764 #2
GM/S 1034767 programmed as #3
GM/X 1034764 the original old FOB now as #4

All of these FOB's bear the FCC ID as: M3N65981401

Thanks to all that contributed along this journey.

Hopefully this post now answers all for most in this scenario. I was amazed at how easily the car went through the cycle.
Less than simple.

Best

FTH

:)

Not to hijack the 04 thread here but some discussion came up on the 07 so thought I would chime in.
I have an early 07 with the old style key fob. For an upgrade I bought an 08 new style fob with the internal key. Programming fob was a piece of cake, just followed instructions and it loaded as number 3. Works fine. The internal key seems to be a bit narrower than the original key but I had it cut anyway. Comes out without some of the pikes but it still worked so good days are here with new style fob and key.
Note in CCC's post that 07 and 08 have same part number so don't know if this will work in other years but I seem to remember a couple of others having luck with using newer fobs with older models.

Fireduck

We did that for my '06 & it worked fine. One more year to add to the list!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom