Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

Our Plans

Sounds good to me. I was actually wondering about an alternate route(s) home instead of just boring interstates as it is nearly 11 hours for me and would like to split the return trip into two days. I plan on going down thru the Blue Ridge and hope to include the tail of the dragon on the way to BG.

Sandy we are doing 2 nights down and 2 nights back also, but because we will be so close to Nashville (we never been there) we are planning on going down on Sunday and spending the day and driving back up to hotel in BG later Sunday, they gave us the same discounted rate, then heading back homeward bound on Monday and stopping some where not sure where yet. :confused: :dunno: On the way down Wednesday will be stopping with Al and his wife (ald42) at
Hampton Inn Huntington/Barboursville
One Cracker Barrell Drive | Barboursville | WV | United States 25504
T: 1-304-733-5300
Amy & Mike XLRATING/Victor V are staying only 15 minutes away from us up in Huntington and we plan to group up later on Thursday morning! ANYONE GOING THIS WAY IS WELCOME TO JOIN THE GROUP :grouphug: FROM HERE DOWN ON THURSDAY IT'S ONLY ABOUT 4 HOURS PLUS WE GAIN A HOUR AS KENTUCKY IS 1 HOUR BEHIND EST! :wave: PM me if you have any question???

Another New Member

Another new member is joining the Homecoming!! Here is an updated list.

Updated Attendance List

Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
Chicago Dave & Devin
Victor-V & XLRATING (2 XLRs)
sschooley
05 GRAND DADDY XLR CADDY & Wendy
Cubby & Supa (XLR-V & CTS-V)
Patrickv2221
Phrede
graytoad & Steve
Popbigguy & Rogene
BobW & Gayle
GizmoQ & PJ
Crimson Pearl & Alexis
Tiffany's Dad & Missy Bling
HOMEGAMEROOM
Misty & Sequin
Vinman & Lori
SrChief & Jean
Whit & Coyote Karen
Greg & Cari Whittler (ZR-1)
onalaska & Diane
civilone & Tina
GM GEM
Jack & Lynda Parker
ald42 & Judy
Maurice & Linda Tipton
unionrunner & Coach
Harrisburg Hat
rleonard & Paula
Anita & Mark arv09--New Member
Nils & Elise nils--New Member
Hollywood

Sandy we are doing 2 nights down and 2 nights back also, but because we will be so close to Nashville (we never been there) we are planning on going down on Sunday and spending the day and driving back up to hotel in BG later Sunday, they gave us the same discounted rate, then heading back homeward bound on Monday and stopping some where not sure where yet. :confused: :dunno: On the way down Wednesday will be stopping with Al and his wife (ald42) at
Hampton Inn Huntington/Barboursville
One Cracker Barrell Drive | Barboursville | WV | United States 25504
T: 1-304-733-5300
Amy & Mike XLRATING/Victor V are staying only 15 minutes away from us up in Huntington and we plan to group up later on Thursday morning! ANYONE GOING THIS WAY IS WELCOME TO JOIN THE GROUP :grouphug: FROM HERE DOWN ON THURSDAY IT'S ONLY ABOUT 4 HOURS PLUS WE GAIN A HOUR AS KENTUCKY IS 1 HOUR BEHIND EST! :wave: PM me if you have any question???

Local Info:
Only the western part of KY is on Central Time. The entire commonwealth uses daylight savings time and will be in effect on September 28th. Bowling Green is on Central Time. The time zone will change just south of Sonora, KY or about the 79 mile marker on I-65. This is about 50 miles NE of Bowling Green.

Attendance List

I have a spreadsheet with email and cell phone #'s of all attendees, I will be sending it to all those on the list at the end of this coming week. If you did not supply me with this information, PM me with your email address and I will send it out to you. (for our Midwest group, don't bother me, I already have all your information--including your bank accounts:laugh::laugh:)

As Cadillac Tech will not make it to Bowling Green until Friday, I will be the main contact at Bowling Green on Thursday the 26th. My information will be listed on the spreadsheet I send out. Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions and I'll try to help or get the answer you need.

I will say upfront, we have a very special guy in the car show host Dave Chrisley and certainly Cadillac Tech, Photo Girl, Bob & Gayle Walker deserve accolades as well. We truly picked the right weekend!! This should be the perfect time of the year to visit Bowling Green, so enjoy!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and if I don't post before the time comes, have a safe journey to the Birthplace of the XLR!!

Cubby

Am I regular?

I felt regular this morning, but I'll PM the info to be sure.

Sunday drive

Please post your interest in this. I hope to be down to Bowling Green early enough on Thursday to run the route and get actual traveling time--Google always goes by the speed limits--I don't!!

A Sunday drive sounds good to us!

Because of you, I changed the post.:lol: Check your bank account!!:laugh::laugh:

Because of you, I changed the post.:lol: Check your bank account!!:laugh::laugh:

I feel honored.:lol: Just replied to what was written.

Now I'm really confused since I don't know if you consider me in the Midwest or Southeast. Regular I felt sure I understood. Oh well, I now know you have the info you were looking for, thanks for the deposit. :D

Nothing is worse when you are not Regular......I am happy for you Fred! ;)

I had a dash plaque made for the car show on Saturday. They are a gift from the XLR group to the BGACC for being such great hosts.

Thanks to Bob & Gayle for the XLR event plaques! :grouphug:

How about we all pitch in $5- $10. bucks (or what ever it takes) to cover the cost of the BGACC car show plaques!

Bruce & I spoke last night about adding a drive to the schedule. Because Friday & Saturday are pretty much 'loaded', my thought was a Sunday morning drive after breakfast. I've mapped out about a 2 hour drive, which will go through Mammoth Cave National Park. If there is enough interest we will add this. If the 2 hours seems like too much, I can also shorten it.

Please post your interest in this. I hope to be down to Bowling Green early enough on Thursday to run the route and get actual traveling time--Google always goes by the speed limits--I don't!!

I did 'Like' the post but thought I should say speak up about the idea: but as we have a 11 hour drive home and have to split it into two days (plus I have an appointment Tuesday morning so I must be back Monday), Steve & I may also continue north at the turn-around point. Perhaps we can plan a coffee stop at the top end of the trip so we can say our good-byes! :wave:

I thought this was the XLR forum, not the X-LAX forum!

Thanks to Bob & Gayle for the XLR event plaques! :grouphug:

How about we all pitch in $5- $10. bucks (or what ever it takes) to cover the cost of the BGACC car show plaques!

I am not attending but If there are any left over, then i would be interested in having one. But only if you have extras.:)

I'm sad that i'll miss this event.

I'm upset that i'll miss this event due to prior arrangements.:ugh: :( But hope/know that some of you will be taking lots of pics or mini videos. Then posting them so the non attendees will be able to se everyone having fun. I'll be back in the states on dec 4th.

XLR Homecoming

Due to unexpected health problems, Sharon and I are going to have to cancel our plans to attend the Homecoming. We are going to miss seeing everyone, but know you all will have a great time anyway. Cancelled our room at the Hilton Garden Inn today.

Have fun,

Jim

I just tried to get your room. They will only offer it for 2X the price. Might be different id we show up there.

Bob

Due to unexpected health problems, Sharon and I are going to have to cancel our plans to attend the Homecoming. We are going to miss seeing everyone, but know you all will have a great time anyway. Cancelled our room at the Hilton Garden Inn today.

Have fun,

Jim

Jim, You & Sharon will be missed. Kathy & I were really looking forward to seeing you both again.:wave:

Sorry to hear you have to back out, Jim. Supa & I were also looking forward to seeing you again. We hope your health issues are not serious. We will keep you in our prayers.

Have fun,

Jim

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry