Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

XLR Homecoming

:wave: Hello Everyone.
There will be one more XLR to add to the list. We are going to make time and break away from work to join in the fun. Brenda and I will try to meet up at the NCM on Friday.
It is too bad there are no tickets left for the plant tour, but that is what happens when you wait too long to decide to go.:dunno:

There will be one more XLR to add to the list. We are going to make time and break away from work to join in the fun. Brenda and I will try to meet up at the NCM on Friday.
It is too bad there are no tickets left for the plant tour, but that is what happens when you wait too long to decide to go.:dunno:
Welcome. Maybe we will be going down the same roads around the same time? Are you going thru Cincinnati then Louisville?

Welcome glad to see your coming! Keep your eyes open on here for someone that may have a last minute cancel, they may just have bought tickets for the plant tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We should be travelling thru Cincinnati then Louisville sometime Wednesday.
We will be heading to Bardstown, KY to meet with family for Wednesday - Thursday.

Understand, have a safe trip. See you on Friday.

Long range forecast..

I know it is still a bit far out for a lot of accuracy, but the forecast is looking good. Highs in the low 80s. Sunny on Friday and Sunday, Partly cloudy for Saturday. :)

Awesome! Maybe now we will get to know you more...there is no beach at BG! I had forgot my bikini anyway.... :chuckle (BTW: Shel is selling his V that was at Wasaga)
How about your trip home, what are your plans? I have to be home Monday some time so I figure on splitting the drive back into 2 days instead of one 11 hour day.

That's great news! I have one extra 8:30 plant tour spot if you'd like it. Let me know.:wave:

Homecoming Schedule

Is there an actual schedule of events posted anywhere? Saw the plant tour is scheduled for Friday AM and we can't make that but should be there sometime Friday afternoon and don't want to miss anything.

Awesome! Maybe now we will get to know you more...there is no beach at BG! I had forgot my bikini anyway.... :chuckle (BTW: Shel is selling his V that was at Wasaga)
How about your trip home, what are your plans? I have to be home Monday some time so I figure on splitting the drive back into 2 days instead of one 11 hour day.

We have not planned the home trip route yet. I am not sure yet if we have to be back Monday or not. We will figure that out next week and discuss with you in BG.

Is there an actual schedule of events posted anywhere? Saw the plant tour is scheduled for Friday AM and we can't make that but should be there sometime Friday afternoon and don't want to miss anything.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Cadillac Tech

Here is a little bit of the schedule;

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm. Members of BGACC will be joining the group

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., (arrive @ 8:15 or 8:45 for your tour) 100 person limit (
SOLD OUT). Both tours should be finished around 11:30 am.
Lunch on your own in Bowling Green.
3:00 pm arrive @ NCM for 3:30 tours
5:30 pm depart from NCM for drive & dinner @ Barren River Lake State Park

Saturday Sept. 28; BGACC Car Show @ the plant, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
5:30/6:00 pm depart from Hilton Garden Inn for group dinner @ Wahbahs steakhouse

Sunday Sept. 29; Farewell breakfast. Depart for home.

PJ and I will meet up with the group after the NCM tours on Friday.

Team Elwood Racing and Team Cadillac Racing will have some goodies to give away at the dinner that night.

Would have loved to do the plant tour (maybe some other time with the Vette) but we can't leave home until Friday morning and plan to meet up with everyone at the NCM at 3 pm. Have our reservation at Hilton Garden Inn Friday night with Hilton points. Can't wait to meet all of you!

Victor-V got his pre-BG bath today & is ready to go! I know he'll have a bug bra by the time we get there - but at least he'll have a shiny start! :wave:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 202
Tour assignments ??

Friday, Sept. 27, since we plan on leaving for the drive & dinner after our museum tour, bring anything you might need (like a jacket) with you to the Corvette Museum. Also make sure you have a full tank of gas.

I'm very excited about the plant tours on Friday morning, Sept. 27. You guys will be the first tours to see the new C7s being built!!! The plant has been remodeled for the new car. This will be all new for the tour guides as well as the plant workers. Many of the workers on the line are new hires & have never had tours come through while they are building cars. I hope you enjoy your tour!

We will arrive very late Thursday night to the hotel. I requested we be added to a list for what I thought was a 2pm tour?? Is there someone on here that can tell me if Kelly and I have a spot for a tour time? Thanks! :wave:

We will arrive very late Thursday night to the hotel. I requested we be added to a list for what I thought was a 2pm tour?? Is there someone on here that can tell me if Kelly and I have a spot for a tour time? Thanks! :wave:

Nevermind...I see they opened up tickets for Friday morning tours and they sold out.

I guess we signed up to meet everyone at the NCM!

Travel safe and see you all there

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back