Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

Yeah not greatest news guys! Heck we have not even got too meet you guys yet! Well maybe another event! Enjoy that XLR and "Cruz on"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

We will miss you two

Dale, sorry to hear you and Mary can't make the event. It's been too long since we've seen you guys! Hopefully we get together at the next event.

On a side note, we may still have 30 XLRS in Bowling Green. I can't let the 'cat out of the bag' just yet though! We will know as the event gets closer.

We are bummed out that we have to drop out of this event...........

Had a family event pop up for the weekend of 28Sep that we should attend.

I haven’t yet cancelled our room at Hilton Garden Inn. We have a room from Thurs night, checkout on Sunday, will cancel the room tomorrow.

Sorry, we will miss you guys!

Back to 30 XLRS!!

Received an email this morning confirming the 30th XLR is coming to Bowling Green. I won't mention the name yet, but you will all enjoy his/her company!!

This event is FAST approaching!

Most of us will be on the road to Bowling Green on Thursday just four weeks from this Thursday, some of us earlier.

Do we have golf-type event shirts in the works?

The event shirts from the Asheville-Charleston trip in 2011 were really nice.

I do believe that Chicago Dave was working a Golf type shirt! The last I had seen on here he was going to post a design ??

Thanks Dan Gouker

Booked

I'm sure they did Dan, they've been on the list for awhile now.

Hey guys. we are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn. I have to be Dallas on Thursday night but may catch a late flight.

Who has the schedule for the weekend? In my mind there is a mid day XLR ride on Friday I dont want to miss? a tour at 2pm? We are planning to be in BG through Saturday late morning but have no clue what is going on. THis is also our first participation in any car show like associated event.

Could one of the many more BG type event experienced please clue me in when you can?
:bowdown:
Celeste

Hey guys. we are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn. I have to be Dallas on Thursday night but may catch a late flight.

Who has the schedule for the weekend? In my mind there is a mid day XLR ride on Friday I dont want to miss? a tour at 2pm? We are planning to be in BG through Saturday late morning but have no clue what is going on. THis is also our first participation in any car show like associated event.

Could one of the many more BG type event experienced please clue me in when you can?
:bowdown:
Celeste
`
Did you mean to say leaving on Saturday or Sunday? The car show awards are at 2 PM on Saturday. Usually the schedule for things like this remain pretty flexible. I don't know that there is a hard schedule per se to publish.

What I would expect and as a general guide.....

Some arrivals on Thursday meeting for dinner.

More arrivals on Friday with a cruise to somewhere (State park???) for lunch.
Museum tour on Friday afternoon
Car show on Saturday

Well I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time. If it wasn't for this grand voyage ill be on. Then I would've joined in. This would've been a great event to put faces with all of you that I've chatted with here. Like i said before hope every one has a fantastic time. Please take lots of pics so i can see when I return. I'm planning on being back in the states by the 4th of dec. I'll try and check out this thread on the 29th of sept. when I have wifi. Since my phone will be turned off

Well I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time. If it wasn't for this grand voyage ill be on. Then I would've joined in. This would've been a great event to put faces with all of you that I've chatted with here. Like i said before hope every one has a fantastic time. Please take lots of pics so i can see when I return. I'm planning on being back in the states by the 4th of dec. I'll try and check out this thread on the 29th of sept. when I have wifi. Since my phone will be turned off

I know it's been said to you many times, Hawkeye, so I'll say it also.

We'll surely miss you but it sounds like your extended trip has been planned for guite some time and although we may not be able to get together at the BG plant, there surely will be other gathering we can meet up at.

You have a safe and sane vacation and PLEASE take some pics to share with us.

Enjoy,

magnets and smc

I thought of getting get one of those magnetic signs they put on the doors like they have for the great race/power tour saying touring to 10th homecoming @ B G ky then I thought what a great idea!! then I thought ok "DUMMY" the cars FIBERGLASS!! I need to stop thinking!!:(

I thought of getting get one of those magnetic signs they put on the doors like they have for the great race/power tour saying touring to 10th homecoming @ B G ky then I thought what a great idea!! then I thought ok "DUMMY" the cars FIBERGLASS!! I need to stop thinking!!:(

Al we not fiberglass we be something like polymer plastic or something similar to that!

Thanks Dan Gouker

how about vinyl stick on lettering for the top of your windshield, in a complimentary colour to your car......go see any sign making company.

how about vinyl stick on lettering for the top of your windshield, in a complimentary colour to your car......go see any sign making company.

that's a good idea,i may like it on rear window maybe more visible going down the road?? thanks, :cool:

back window lettering

that's a good idea,i may like it on rear window maybe more visible going down the road?? thanks, :cool:

I just ordered a 12x24 size vinyl lettering for my back window in script. it's on 4 lines,"10th XLR Homecoming,September-28th,2013,Assembly Plant,Bowling green,KY".sorry about running this on one line, I need to learn how to start a new line. wife's making me practice till I get it right!! for more info. pm me.Thanks

Yes it would get seen more there .......but it is gone when the top is down!.....
......but I am going to guess you will be traveling down with the to up due to luggage!

I just ordered a 12x24 size vinyl lettering for my back window in script. it's on 4 lines,"10th XLR Homecoming,September-28th,2013,Assembly Plant,Bowling green,KY".sorry about running this on one line, I need to learn how to start a new line. wife's making me practice till I get it right!! for more info. pm me.Thanks

Simply hit the "Enter" key to start a new line.

You could get a static cling material that will stick to our cars. That's what they use on race cars/ track day cars to put their numbers on with.

We had such a great time in Carmel the Great Procrastinator was moved into action - Translation = Coach said she and Beauty were going with or without me!! We'll be at the Courtyard arriving Thursday. How early depends on who's driving (reviewing Phred's KY Highway Patrol scouting report from last BG trip and hoping for an update). Thanks all, see everyone in less than a month.
e

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back