Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2017 Arthritis Foundation Car Show - July 13,14,15

Reminder - 2 weeks left to make reservations at the Residence Inn, then we have to release the rooms. Hoping we can get some of our new members from Ohio, WV and Michigan to Dublin in July!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost here!

HI Everybody! Hope you are enjoying summer.

Blue Gma is rather excited to be attending the Arthritis Foundation car show in Dublin, Ohio and is really hoping that she will see at least a few more XLR friends that have not yet signed up! It was a great show last year, but as always, we feel that as fantastic the cars are, seeing friends and their cars is even better! (Not to mention it is for a great cause.) Hats off to Tim for arranging the trip!

We also read how much fun you all had at Artmobilia in Carmel, IN last year and how it was such a good time. We are wondering if anyone is planning to head back this year. We think we may be travelling there and we hope to see some XLR friends.

HI Everybody! Hope you are enjoying summer.

Blue Gma is rather excited to be attending the Arthritis Foundation car show in Dublin, Ohio and is really hoping that she will see at least a few more XLR friends that have not yet signed up! It was a great show last year, but as always, we feel that as fantastic the cars are, seeing friends and their cars is even better! (Not to mention it is for a great cause.) Hats off to Tim for arranging the trip!

We also read how much fun you all had at Artmobilia in Carmel, IN last year and how it was such a good time. We are wondering if anyone is planning to head back this year. We think we may be travelling there and we hope to see some XLR friends.

We, too, are looking forward to this years Arthritis Show. I will be bringing both XLR's to the show (sorry, no CTX Wagon this year), and I hope we have a pretty good turn out of XLR's . A couple more M&M's would be nice to see. ;)

We will be arriving late on Thursday night, due to me having to fly home from NJ on Thurs afternoon, then turn around and jump in the XLR and drive to Ohio... but its worth it!

I do have both XLR's signed up for Automobilia 2017 and have already booked my room at the Renaissance Indy Noth Hotel. Its always a good show.

Updating with activities for the weekend - I hope we can pick up a few folks from Ohio, WV or Michigan, even if just for Saturday.

Thursday - arrive in Dublin. Hotel rooms have been released, but the Residence Inn, Dublin is right across Frantz road from the car show.

Be sure to register your car on line. Pick up your registration packets at the Hilton Garden Inn.
2017 Auto Show Registration

Schedule of events

Meet and Greet - Dublin Village Tavern, 6:30PM, downtown Dublin

Friday - Cruise In. Parking is first come first served. Meet at the Residence Inn at 8:30 AM. I will bring a 10x10' canopy, if anyone else has one, please bring it, two are always useful. Time can be adjusted if you need to wash your car.
Dinner - Matt the Miller's Tavern, Dublin. 6:30PM.

Saturday - Car show. Starts 10AM, register by 12:00. We will meet at the designated show area, see the map in your packet. We are class 28. I am going to get there early and stake out a spot for the tent.
Dinner - Awards are at 5:30. Dinner in the Short North, a real hot spot near downtown Columbus. Leave the Residence Inn Parking lot at 6:30 or just meet there.
The Pearl, 7:00PM. They have valet parking.

Sunday - departure on your own.

Attendees

Nils & Elise
Chicago Dave (Cindy,Devin)
Nerkpowers (Tim & Beth)
Beepen & Limmomamma

Hopefully get some Ohio folks to attend the show on Saturday. No different than driving down for a football Saturday game. Arrive by noon, good to go. The Arthritis show raises money for a worthwhile cause and this is really about getting together with other XLR owners to talk about our unique cars. We park next to the Corvettes and we always get a lot of attention, lots of questions about our cars. Many have never seen one or haven't seen one for a long time. This isn't about the competition, it's about showing folks our rare cars that are unique and stunning to look at. This is a highly attended show with a wide variety of cars, from 1915 electric cars, a Hupmobile, AMC Javelins, and many more.
Tim

Thanks for the update, Tim.

Looks like Devin, Cindy and I will be rolling in town late Thursday (I am flying home from New Jersey, Thursday afternoon - hitting the road as soon as I get home). So we might miss the meet & greet (bummer). I am bringing my 10x10 canopy (plenty of room, with 2 XLRs). We are staying at the residence inn.
Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Too Sick to travel

Hey Tim,

I have some unfortunate news to tell you ... due to health issues, I'm afraid that I will have to bow out of the Arthritis show this year. You see, I was in the hospital last week, for a few days. I just don't think I could make the drive out to Dublin this year. I had already cancelled one of my business trips, and my feet are getting pretty bad. I am on such a strong dose of steroids, that my feet are swelling so much.

I am so sorry to have to bail on you guys ... i look forward to the show, I really do.

Best of luck to you this year. Send/post lots of pictures.

Thanks for understanding.

Dave, Cindy and Devin.​

Feel better Dave

Hey Dave! No doubt you will be sorely missed at this car show, but you have to get yourself better so you won't miss anymore. Take care of yourself and we'll see you next time! Our sincere thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

Dave,
Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Going to miss you guys. I can relate, nothing worse than having to travel when not feeling well. Heal up well so you can make it to Artomobilia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Update on our activities. Had difficulty with reservations, so swapped Friday and Saturday destinations.

Thursday - unchanged. Dublin Village Tavern, 6:30.

Friday - The Pearl. 7:00PM. 641 N High St, Columbus

Saturday - Matt the Miller's Tavern, 6:45PM. 625 Avery Muirfield Dr., Dublin

Tim

Cruise-In begun! Miss you Mid-West Marauders. All two of us in our regular spot. Beepen and Limmomamma will join us tomorrow.
14cf355321c6dbe98d0b29d012e6827e.jpg
d2905e965e9cc81b8be072183404ea9d.jpg
c90b34191c5b29277685f000da26a830.jpg

More pictures of the Cruise-In. The Cruise-In is a great venue to see a wide variety of cars as they are not organized by class as they will be tomorrow.
ee94b1e95a63ea1277d4c9fb6cf35198.jpg
ba6b1b44cbbaf0a76d66e31bf12bcb20.jpg
419c54914d36bb53ff06c19e131931a7.jpg
41b9240bf3899f2638c01debfe50673b.jpg
a76a5636fedaef1858263f97e88247c6.jpg
e375ea8738c4901c27e22e7e0392a45c.jpg
be927b4e3dd9ce468684de88cfe3c15b.jpg
ebdc09d8b53697a851983736570bace3.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!

Hope you folks have great weather. :thumbsup

More pictures of the Cruise-In. The Cruise-In is a great venue to see a wide variety of cars as they are not organized by class as they will be tomorrow.
ee94b1e95a63ea1277d4c9fb6cf35198.jpg
ba6b1b44cbbaf0a76d66e31bf12bcb20.jpg
419c54914d36bb53ff06c19e131931a7.jpg
41b9240bf3899f2638c01debfe50673b.jpg
a76a5636fedaef1858263f97e88247c6.jpg
e375ea8738c4901c27e22e7e0392a45c.jpg
be927b4e3dd9ce468684de88cfe3c15b.jpg
ebdc09d8b53697a851983736570bace3.jpg

Thanks for sharing! [emoji6]

I am convinced that this class was judged by the flip of a coin since both cars are equally impressive and there were only two of us! No competition! :dunno:But most importantly was that Beth, Tim, Nils and I had a marvelous time together and chatted with lots of car addicts who were duly impressed! Tim chose some wonderful eateries, (and drinkeries), that topped off each evening.

Picture one is a page from this year's event book when I won the trophy last year. That blew my mind and I had to share! :lol: Pictures two and three, sharing the trophy and number four Tim and Elise at the end of our adventure.
:thumbsup20170716_141123.jpg20170715_115151.jpg20170715_115128.jpg1945.jpg

I am convinced that this class was judged by the flip of a coin since both cars are equally impressive and there were only two of us! No competition! :dunno:But most importantly was that Beth, Tim, Nils and I had a marvelous time together and chatted with lots of car addicts who were duly impressed! Tim chose some wonderful eateries, (and drinkeries), that topped off each evening.

Picture one is a page from this year's event book when I won the trophy last year. That blew my mind and I had to share! :lol: Pictures two and three, sharing the trophy and number four Tim and Elise at the end of our adventure.
:thumbsupView attachment 7122View attachment 7123View attachment 7124View attachment 7125

I hoping them trophies come apart to take along home [emoji23]

Last edited:
We just strapped it to the fender like a six-point buck!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

On The Calender for 2018 !

Wish I had decided to attend this event this year. Would have been the perfect 1st leg of a coordinated departure to be among other car enthusiasts. Definitely on the radar screen for 2018.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom