Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2015 Dublin Arthritis Car Show - July 10th & 11th

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven, Ebony
I am coordinating the Arthritis Classic Auto Show & Cruise again this year - July 10 & 11th. There were lots of great cars to see and this show raised money for a great cause. Held in Dublin, Ohio, we had 7 XLR's participate last year. Please let me know if you plan to attend and I will keep a roster of attendees. We had our own judging class and hope we can increase our numbers for this year. Last year, a few of us participated in the Cruise-In on Friday and the main car show is on Saturday. If any attendees want to make it more than 2 days, I'll be glad to set up some great driving tours and group dinners.

The link for the show is below. The preferred hotel is the Crowne Plaza, but I understand it is undergoing renovations. i will post an update on that on later posts about Hotels. Here is link to the Arthritis Show

Registration | Enter Your Car | Arthritis Auto Show

Rob, if you could make this a sticky note - Thanks!

Tim:wave:

Thanks for heading up this great show again. Had a great time last year. I plan on being there again and bring Bling along if she is not away on her girls trip.

Supa & I have it marked down to attend again this year. Hopefully the Crowne Plaza is done with the renovations, it was a mess last year!!

I plan on attending.

Last year's group :)

Arthritis show '14 355.jpg

2014_07_12--12_12_293825.jpg

Last edited:

I received a reply from Mark Thomas. They have finished the renovations at the Crowne a Plaza and is the preferred place to stay. I'll post info later after I talk to the hotel. They also have info on the Arthritis Web Site. Just tell them you are with the Arthritis Car Show. I think the room rate was $119 per night last year.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its on my calendar, tentatively. Gotta see if PJ wants to go.

I missed it last year, but really wanted to go - I have it on my calendar now, for this year. Count me in.

:cool:

Hotels for Arthritis car Show

I just wanted to update everyone. I have a proposal for the Hilton Garden Inn and I am waiting for one on the Crowne Plaza. The renovations are complete at the Crowne Plaza. I'll post info for both locations this coming week.

I hope we can get some folks from Northern Ohio,Southern Michigan, West Virginia and Kentucky here this year.:thumbsup We will have our own judging class, but I think most of us attending believe this is a way to let other car people see what a great car the XLR is. It is also a great way to network and meet some of the folks on the forum.

Tim,

Just registered Scarlett-V for the show, for both Friday and Saturday. Haven't booked a room yet, but we are looking to arrive on Thursday late afternoon. Will probably book at the Crowne Plaza, being they are done with renovations. Looking forward to another great time in the Buckeye State!

I just wanted to update everyone. I have a proposal for the Hilton Garden Inn and I am waiting for one on the Crowne Plaza. The renovations are complete at the Crowne Plaza. I'll post info for both locations this coming week.

I hope we can get some folks from Northern Ohio,Southern Michigan, West Virginia and Kentucky here this year.:thumbsup We will have our own judging class, but I think most of us attending believe this is a way to let other car people see what a great car the XLR is. It is also a great way to network and meet some of the folks on the forum.

First, here is registration information:
Be sure to register for the XLR car class. The Cruise-In is on Friday July 10th, Car Show on Saturday July 11th.

Choices for the Hotel are the Crowne Plaza: $139 per night. Reference the Arthritis Car show when making your reservation.

Crowne Plaza Columbus - Dublin Ohio
600 Metro Place North Dublin, OH 43017
1-614-764-2200

Hilton Garden Inn: $189 per night. Reference the Arthritis Car Show block when making reservations.
500 Metro Place North
Dublin, OH 43017
United States
Tel: (614) 766-9900

In the past, these hotels sell out by mid-May. It is best to make reservations as soon as possible. This is a really great show with contemporary cars - Porsches, Corvettes, Mustangs, Ferrari's - classic muscle cars - lots of GTO's and many antiques. They had a 1905 electric car there last year. If you are coming for sure let me know, as I will keep Mark Thomas informed on our XLRs. I hope Beepen and his Daughters will join us again, the ride in their '67 Cadillac Limo was a blast!

Last edited:
I just registered myself. When registering, choose the 'Cadillac Roasters', Class. You will then be able to choose between Allante, XLR and XLR-V.

I just registered myself. When registering, choose the 'Cadillac Roasters', Class. You will then be able to choose between Allante, XLR and XLR-V.

Hi Tim
What is the schedule and what's being planned for Thursday evening, Friday & Saturday? If we are able to come just wanted to know what's being planned! Also because Wendy needs to schedule the time off, and which hotel is most everyone staying at? I have Hilton points but probably not enough to use anyway and they are a lot more expensive then Crown Plaza! It appx. 6-7 hr. drive from PA so we probably strolling in late Thursday afternoon. We will be making our decision most likely sometime this week yet. Sounds like from the past years it some good XLR times :thumbsup :wave:

First, here is registration information:
Be sure to register for the XLR car class. The Cruise-In is on Friday July 10th, Car Show on Saturday July 11th.

Choices for the Hotel are the Crowne Plaza: $139 per night. Reference the Arthritis Car show when making your reservation.

Crowne Plaza Columbus - Dublin Ohio
600 Metro Place North Dublin, OH 43017
1-614-764-2200

Hilton Garden Inn: $189 per night. Reference the Arthritis Car Show block when making reservations.
500 Metro Place North
Dublin, OH 43017
United States
Tel: (614) 766-9900

In the past, these hotels sell out by mid-May. It is best to make reservations as soon as possible. This is a really great show with contemporary cars - Porsches, Corvettes, Mustangs, Ferrari's - classic muscle cars - lots of GTO's and many antiques. They had a 1905 electric car there last year. If you are coming for sure let me know, as I will keep Mark Thomas informed on our XLRs. I hope Beepen and his Daughters will join us again, the ride in their '67 Cadillac Limo was a blast!

Most people will be staying at the Crowne Plaza. It has been recently renovated. Details above for both the Plaza and the Hilton. Make sure you reference the Arthritis Car Show. Last year we had a meet and greet dinner on Thursday. The Cruise in starts at 10:00 AM on Friday. Parking is first-come-first-serve, so we got to our spots about 9:30 so we could all park together. Saturday is the Car Show - 10AM to 4:30PM. Once I finalize the number of folks attending, I will set up some dinner plans for both Friday and Saturday.

Make sure you register, here is the link

Tim

Last edited:
Most people will be staying at the Crowne Plaza. It has been recently renovated. Details above for both the Plaza and the Hilton. Make sure you reference the Arthritis Car Show. Last year we had a meet and greet dinner on Thursday. The Cruise in starts at 10:00 AM on Friday. Parking is first-come-first-serve, so we got to our spots about 9:30 so we could all park together. Saturday is the Car Show - 10AM to 4:30PM. Once I finalize the number of folks attending, I will set up some dinner plans for both Friday and Saturday.

Make sure you register, here is the link

Tim

Good morning Tim
Do you know how the Friday cruise in is run? You noted that it starts at 10am Does that run all day and into the evening hours or is the cruise in over by a certain time! What do you guys do if it rains the whole weekend? Sorry for all the questions! I didn't read the rules yet. Is it's rain or shine show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan,
Mark Thomas helps run the show and he strongly suggested that we get our place by 10AM for the Friday Cruise-in as it is first come first serve for locations. The cruise-in goes until 7PM, but we all went to dinner about 5PM. We met at the Plaza Hotel and all parked together about 9:30. It is an informal set up and, like I mentioned, we didn't stay until the end. Just a lot of great cars and a good way to talk to other car folks. Mark brought his canopy and others brought 'refreshments'.

On Saturday, the show starts at 10AM and we will have an assigned area. See the map on the Arthritis Car Show web site
Maps & Parking | Enter Your Car | Arthritis Auto Show

Last year it was just XLR's in our Judging class, but they will include Allanté's in our class this year. Judging is from 12:30 to 4:30. The awards were about 5PM. The show continues until 11PM, but we will go somewhere as a group for dinner. Here is a link to the schedule of events.
General Admission | About Show | Arthritis Auto Show

I'll Send PM's to everyone who has indicated that they are attending to get their contact info as we get closer to July. I will be adding more posts on a place for the meet and greet. We can discuss schedule for Friday and Saturday's events at the meet and greet. This is a great event and so glad that you and Wendy are coming.
Tim

Last edited:
Don't Delay!!

If you are planning on coming to this event, the host hotel, the Crowne Plaza is already booked up. There are several other hotels in the area, but you may want to book now to avoid sleeping in your car.:laugh:

If you are planning on coming to this event, the host hotel, the Crowne Plaza is already booked up. There are several other hotels in the area, but you may want to book now to avoid sleeping in your car.:laugh:

Sorry to say we will not make it in for Thursday evening, but hopefully we will be leaving early on Friday morning and should be there early to mid afternoon, so I'm figuring if I get register for both days we can come into the cruise in when we arrive or maybe just register for Saturday and meet up after the cruise when you all are ready to leave for dinner Friday evening.
Thx Cubby we almost would of had to sleep in the car :laugh:a lot of the places was booked full, but this place only had 2 left and they happen to be their executive full suite with pillow top mattress and works $159.00 Got it booked and only about 15 minutes away! :thumbsup Now to get registered for the show!
[h=1]Cloverleaf Residence Suites[/h][h=2][/h]4130 Tuller Rd
Dublin, OH 43017

I just talked to the Crowne Plaza, they have sold all of their blocked rooms, and it appears that the Hilton Garden Inn has, too. Here are some other Hotels nearby
Marriott Courtyard - 5175 Post Road, Dublin, OH 43017 - (614) 764-9393

Embassy Suites - 5100 Upper Metro Pl, Dublin, OH 43017 - (614) 790-9000

Sonesta Es Suites Dublin - 435 Metro Pl S, Dublin, OH 43017 - (800) 766-3782. I had never heard of this hotel, but it has a 5 star rating onYelp.

The person at Crowne Plaza I talked to said that these rooms sold out very early this year. Thanks Cubby for flagging this!

Right now we have 4 XLRs registered.

Tim

Tim I don't know about Marriott but I checked the other 2 and I do believe they are sold out also!
As soon as we register you'll have 5 XLR's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC