Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

9/11 Let us not forget.

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
I got this email today from a friend. No matter what your political views are we should still remember 9/11. I have cut and pasted below the email.

On Friday, September 11, 2009, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States . Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this eighth anniversary of one of our country's worst tragedies. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks, and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared.

Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you!
Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11; make it a priority on this day! God Bless You and God Bless America !!

Very nice Supa! Yes we all need to remember and remain loyal to our country! :patriot: "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

One of those moments in time when you never forget where you were when you heard the news:

I was getting ready for work and heard the radio newscaster say that a plane had just crashed into a building in NY. And then it was sort of programming as usual for about 10 minutes .... and then, with a little panic in his voice he came back on and said a it's been reported that a second building had been hit. By the time I got to work, all of the TV's and radios were on and we were a huddled mass of indescribable shock, sadness, grief and fear. And those moments in time have changed life as we knew it.

I got chills reading this and thought about where I was and how unbelievable it all was! I was in total shock! :(

QUOTE=Lola's Mom;15238]One of those moments in time when you never forget where you were when you heard the news:

I was getting ready for work and heard the radio newscaster say that a plane had just crashed into a building in NY. And then it was sort of programming as usual for about 10 minutes .... and then, with a little panic in his voice he came back on and said a it's been reported that a second building had been hit. By the time I got to work, all of the TV's and radios were on and we were a huddled mass of indescribable shock, sadness, grief and fear. And those moments in time have changed life as we knew it.[/QUOTE]

As being a survivor of 9/11 and having lost my youngest Daughter, Son in Law, Nephew and many...many friends and associates.... this day truly saddens me.

So VERY, VERY sorry - the only consolation I can give you is that the whole world mourns with you. Even that is just not enough.

Since you have shared that much, would you mind sharing how so many of you and your family were involved?

Again ..... this is truly very sad. Peace.

So VERY, VERY sorry - the only consolation I can give you is that the whole world mourns with you. Even that is just not enough.

Since you have shared that much, would you mind sharing how so many of you and your family were involved?

Again ..... this is truly very sad. Peace.

I worked in the World Financial Center for Lehman Brothers directly behind the World Trade Center and we had offices in both Towers. My daughter and Son in Law both worked in Tower Two for Fiduciary Trust International/Franklin Templeton (94th & 95th Floors) my Nephew worked in Tower One for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 105th Floor.

I was standing in front of Tower Two when the first plane hit Tower One waiting for my daughter and son in Law to come down to go to a local polling place to vote. I was frozen for what seemed like an eternity, and then my mind went to my loved ones and thinking to myself what the hell happened. Then I received a 3 way call from my Wife and Daughter as I waited for the elevator in Tower Two, then the second plane hit tower Two. Chaos and confusion came next. Several attempts were made and I could not get pass the 30th floor and I am still on the phone with my Wife and Daughter. My Daughters last words were "Mom...Dad....I got to get out of here" and then our phones went dead. Unfortunately my Daughters and son in Laws remains were never recovered and a small piece of my Nephews collar bone was recovered.

I worked in the World Financial Center for Lehman Brothers directly behind the World Trade Center and we had offices in both Towers. My daughter and Son in Law both worked in Tower Two for Fiduciary Trust International/Franklin Templeton (94th & 95th Floors) my Nephew worked in Tower One for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 105th Floor.

I was standing in front of Tower Two when the first plane hit Tower One waiting for my daughter and son in Law to come down to go to a local polling place to vote. I was frozen for what seemed like an eternity, and then my mind went to my loved ones and thinking to myself what the hell happened. Then I received a 3 way call from my Wife and Daughter as I waited for the elevator in Tower Two, then the second plane hit tower Two. Chaos and confusion came next. Several attempts were made and I could not get pass the 30th floor and I am still on the phone with my Wife and Daughter. My Daughters last words were "Mom...Dad....I got to get out of here" and then our phones went dead. Unfortunately my Daughters and son in Laws remains were never recovered and a small piece of my Nephews collar bone was recovered.
Thank you for sharing with us your sadness. Please know we mourn with you. Sorry for your loss how this day must be hard on you and your family.
Our prayers are with you.

Oh, you have made it so real. I cannot even imagine your pain, and I so hope that no one ever, ever, ever has to have a repeat experience. Devasting, and what a horrible loss to you and your family. Her last words have got to be such a mixed blessing.

I am going to read your post to Ray when he gets home tonight. You have awakened that hit-in-the-gut feeling that we have carried since that day. How dare those despicable people roam this earth to plot and kill.

I have no words that will help you. But also know that I will never forget you or your story, and will tell my family about yours, and your family will live long in our memories too.

Thank you for telling me about them.

It's much appreciated!!!!

Thank you for sharing your story. I just can't imagine what you and your family went through. I'm so sorry. God Bless America. :patriot:

So very sorry for your loss! I just read this to my son and we both had tears and became very quiet thinking about the pain you went through.
I know that took a lot for you to speak about this us but we felt the pain and thank you for sharing. Gods Speed to you and your loved ones.

It's much appreciated!!!!

XFireXLR,

Mere words cannot express the sympathy I have for you and your family over the loss of your loved ones and friends on this day 8 years ago. Is is something that ripped at my heart as it was happening. The actions of the terrorists that day, on a mass of innocent people going about thier jobs and life, is truely indespicable and cowardly.

May we never forget the second unprovoked attack of innocent people on American soil. GOD BLESS AMERICA and all her citizens.:patriot::patriot:

You have our deepest heart-felt condolences. I was in NJ back then and saw the huge amount of smoke emanating from those buildings, a terrible sight!

I hope you all are displaying our flag today, if not everyday!

Floyd (BB)

XFireXLR...my heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure the pain is still very real. I watched it all happen on TV. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in the middle of it.

Words cannot express my sympathy to you and your family and friends.

Like many, I'm flying my flag outside my home today with sadness and sympathy. We were all affected on that day - some, like yourself, significantly more than others, but we were all affected.

Thank you for your courage in sharing your story.

Thank you for sharing your story with us...
I can only imagine the sorrow in your heart. I believe that we do not see enough of 9/11 on our televisions, they stopped showing it because it upset people, yes it does, but I believe we need to remember what terrorist brought upon our country and our people that day.
Again, I am deeply moved by your words, my heart goes out to you and your family...
May God bless You and your Family and may God Bless America:patriot:
Photo Mom
jeanie

So very sorry to hear about your lost. Our prayer's and sorrow go out to you.

God Bless America

Fred & Ingrid

My heart goes out to you... My son and daughter-in-law are coming for the weekend. We're meeting our two daughters at the Badger game tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me how precious they are and how blessed my husband and I are.
~Cathy

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back