Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AppRadio 4

Siri uses the Pioneer mic and really sounds good on the other end. The 95-8202 looks promising and this image looks more like the one I used, but can't find a model.

View attachment 5597

Amazon.com : Best Kit BKCDK642 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2006-2015 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Vehicles : Car Electronics

That's what Google's reverse image search claims that one to be. That'll put me on the right track, though :)

EDIT:

Amazon.com: Metra 95-6511 Chrysler/Jeep DDIN 2007 Dash Kit: Car Electronics

How about that?

That looks like the one I used in mine.

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

I cancelled that order for the other dash kit, thanks guys this forum is a great networking tool [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth! :cool:

Well some discouraging developments, I received the wiring harnesses today and neither one of them fits the wiring harnesses from my car. I need help finding the right wiring harness. I'm attaching pictures of both the head unit and vehicles wiring harnesses
d6a2b3e515442f10a4191b2bddaf0531.jpg
ffcc09f7c2be29d6d7fffd8e4d3ad0b1.jpg
65ecc64e2743c3250c295334e23dce57.jpg

The wiring harness gm28-cl2, gm28-29h don't fit

The wiring harness gm28-cl2, gm28-29h don't fit

Whoa, that's weird.

Al_Jazz is much more qualified to answer than I am, but the big blue one looks like the standard 32pin GM radio connector… the others, I dunno what's what. I hope there's nothing different in the 06+ models? Al has an '05 so it's possible things have changed?

The 2 white plugs were coming out of the 6 disk CD changer, the 32 pin "big blue" and the other 2 were out of the head unit.

Last edited:
Does the wiring harness in the picture look like yours?

Since the wiring harness didn't fit our application I didn't take pictures and I returned the harnesses back to schoche.

I am currently waiting on the PAC GMOS-06 to arrive and have started the installation of the PAC SWI-RC. I'll post more info when I know more.

I am currently waiting on the PAC GMOS-06 to arrive and have started the installation of the PAC SWI-RC. I'll post more info when I know more.

I have a theory… nothing more than a theory, mind you, but a theory that we can unmount the CD changer assembly from the upper assembly and leave that in place to retain the HUD/onstar/etc functionality. I'm pretty close to certain that the only info coming out of the 32pin connector that goes to the class2 system is the radio and nav-related HUD data.

Check out those wiring diagrams I posted: All the audio goes into the CD changer before it goes to the amp, and the steering wheel controls are connected to it as well. The only signals that go via the 32pin besides power and audio preamp output are the VSS, the triggers for the radio antenna, aux trigger, nav voice guidance and the microphone.

We can ignore the nav voice guidance wiring since that's irrelevant for the appradio, the VSS can be used by the appradio, and I'm willing to bet we could even use the built-in microphone if we wanted to. The only unknowns that leaves are the radio antenna (the aux trigger is what informs the head unit that there's an XM receiver hooked up, I'm pretty sure).

The caveat, however, is that I don't want to tear apart my own head unit apart to check this out, and I haven't even taken it out of the dash to see how easily the changer separates from the display/nav/radio.

I have a theory… nothing more than a theory, mind you, but a theory that we can unmount the CD changer assembly from the upper assembly and leave that in place to retain the HUD/onstar/etc functionality. I'm pretty close to certain that the only info coming out of the 32pin connector that goes to the class2 system is the radio and nav-related HUD data.

Check out those wiring diagrams I posted: All the audio goes into the CD changer before it goes to the amp, and the steering wheel controls are connected to it as well. The only signals that go via the 32pin besides power and audio preamp output are the VSS, the triggers for the radio antenna, aux trigger, nav voice guidance and the microphone.

We can ignore the nav voice guidance wiring since that's irrelevant for the appradio, the VSS can be used by the appradio, and I'm willing to bet we could even use the built-in microphone if we wanted to. The only unknowns that leaves are the radio antenna (the aux trigger is what informs the head unit that there's an XM receiver hooked up, I'm pretty sure).

The caveat, however, is that I don't want to tear apart my own head unit apart to check this out, and I haven't even taken it out of the dash to see how easily the changer separates from the display/nav/radio.

2 great minds think a like! I was just wondering that the other evening! Also I'd think you would possibly still have a functional CD player still! Yes! Maybe or No?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry