Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AppRadio 4

I haven't posted in a few days so this just an update, I was the the lucky winner of receiving a bad pioneer AppRadio from stock so I'm waiting for supplier to ship another unit. I'll update later when I have more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky indeed! I'm so jealous! :laugh:

Hope it turns out ok though, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Well I received the replacement app radio and it is a good one, bad news I'm not getting any sound from the speakers. Steering wheel controls work, everything else works just the Bose amp is not receiving the digital volume up or down signal [emoji30]

Well I received the replacement app radio and it is a good one, bad news I'm not getting any sound from the speakers. Steering wheel controls work, everything else works just the Bose amp is not receiving the digital volume up or down signal [emoji30]

Are you able to confirm that the amp is definitely powering up? is the HUD and adaptive cruise operational to confirm that Class2 is all active?

edit: and the GMOS is installed, right?

Last edited:
I have 06 V, my car doesn't have adaptive cruise but as far as the GMOS-06 I wired per diagram. Don't think amp was getting volume signal from deck because like said absolutely no sound but on star still worked

I have 06 V, my car doesn't have adaptive cruise but as far as the GMOS-06 I wired per diagram. Don't think amp was getting volume signal from deck because like said absolutely no sound but on star still worked

Hm, interesting.

Are you able to share the GMOS-06 diagram and pics of the connectors? I'm happy to double-check from here as much as I can, since this benefits us all!

a6e19373a3e598599a7030ea0edd3e88.jpg
3f7faa71652dfbd714c273447ed179b9.jpg
761d97265bead25b7fa646ad2cfc3677.jpg
242fa18069e5bdb230ed3386d478db94.jpg

So none of the connectors that were plugged into the CD changer get connected? That's almost certainly where the problem is. From the wiring diagram, all of the audio outputs actually come from the changer instead of the 32pin connector that goes into the radio. So if my understanding is correct (and I take no responsibility here, haha!), the output frmo the GMOS-06 is going to a connector that is just hanging there doing nothing. Most GM products must go direct-to-amp instead of using a CD changer between? Just a guess.

See the wiring diagrams I posted earlier in the thread for my references, but here goes:

For example (someone should double-check this, seriously), I believe that we need to jumper the connections that normally go into the CD changer. On the 20pin connector, the low-level audio signals go into the changer and right back out to the amplifier. Presumably this is so the changer can inject audio from the XM receiver if so desired, by disabling the input pins (4, 5, 14, 15 on the 20pin connector) from the radio and enabling and splitting the input pins from the XM receiver (5, 12, 14 on the 16pin, using a common neg-signal).

To work around this, we jumper 4 into 6 (left front low positive, tan to tan), 5 into 7 (right front low positive, light green to light green), 14 to 16 (left front low negative, dark green to dark green), 15 to 17 (right front low negative, light green to light green). This allows the audio signal to come out of the GMOS-06 and go "directly" to the amp.

It looks like some level of similar dicking about might be necessary for steering wheel controls, but you said you've got those working so it sounds like you've already tapped into pin 11 (dark blue) on the 16-pin CD changer connector to use with the SWI-RC?

Just to add about steering wheel controls I had to run a switched 12v power wire to pin 10 because not being connected to cd changer that was its power source

I sent al_jazz a message asking about his install of the GMOS-06 in detail of the connectors but I haven't heard back from him yet

I sent al_jazz a message asking about his install of the GMOS-06 in detail of the connectors but I haven't heard back from him yet

I think the only potential weirdness as far as I can find is the control of the amp from the GMOS-06. As long as that's happening, we should be good. If it's not, that's gonna be interesting.

now that I'm posting, though, I wonder what that TR7 trigger in al_jazz' car is being used for…

From the service manuals..

CD Changer

The radio controls and communicates with the CD changer via the class 2 communication circuit. The CD changer is the main audio router for the XLR. Outputs from the radio, digital radio receiver (DRR) and the vehicle communication interface module (VCIM) are routed through the CD changer to the audio amplifier.

The CD changer allows for multiple compact discs to be played continuously without having to manually change compact discs. To load CDs, insert the CDs one at a time into the slot below the radio, label side up. If a disc is loaded label side down, the disc will not play and an error will occur. Care should be used to align and insert the disc into one disc tray only. Repeat this procedure for loading all of the discs in the changer. To eject a single CD press and release the eject button. To eject multiple CDs, press and hold the eject button for at least 2 seconds. Whenever a CD is loaded in the changer, the CD symbol will appear on the radio display.

So none of the connectors that were plugged into the CD changer get connected? That's almost certainly where the problem is. From the wiring diagram, all of the audio outputs actually come from the changer instead of the 32pin connector that goes into the radio. So if my understanding is correct (and I take no responsibility here, haha!), the output frmo the GMOS-06 is going to a connector that is just hanging there doing nothing. Most GM products must go direct-to-amp instead of using a CD changer between? Just a guess.

See the wiring diagrams I posted earlier in the thread for my references, but here goes:

For example (someone should double-check this, seriously), I believe that we need to jumper the connections that normally go into the CD changer. On the 20pin connector, the low-level audio signals go into the changer and right back out to the amplifier. Presumably this is so the changer can inject audio from the XM receiver if so desired, by disabling the input pins (4, 5, 14, 15 on the 20pin connector) from the radio and enabling and splitting the input pins from the XM receiver (5, 12, 14 on the 16pin, using a common neg-signal).

To work around this, we jumper 4 into 6 (left front low positive, tan to tan), 5 into 7 (right front low positive, light green to light green), 14 to 16 (left front low negative, dark green to dark green), 15 to 17 (right front low negative, light green to light green). This allows the audio signal to come out of the GMOS-06 and go "directly" to the amp.

It looks like some level of similar dicking about might be necessary for steering wheel controls, but you said you've got those working so it sounds like you've already tapped into pin 11 (dark blue) on the 16-pin CD changer connector to use with the SWI-RC?

Ok...before I delivered her to her new owner today, I took the dash facia off and took some additional pictures. I think I have the answer to the trigger questions.

IMG_6397.jpgIMG_6399.jpgIMG_6400.jpgIMG_6401.jpgIMG_6402.jpg

The TR7 trigger is hooked up in the following manner:

Orange is not used
Green goes to blue with small white stripe
white goes to small light green
Red to red
black to black

That should provide the trigger you need for the Bose Amp to engage...

Attachments

• IMG_6398.jpg
    IMG_6398.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 442
Ok...before I delivered her to her new owner today ...

So I take it you got rid of "da blue beastie"? That was sudden!

So I take it you got rid of "da blue beastie"? That was sudden!

Yeah...someone wanted her worse than I did, and I wanted his money more than he did. :cool: I am already looking for another one to rebuild. My current project is a Jeep Commander for the winter, but I WILL be back in an XLR before long. I bid on a black '04 yesterday, but didn't get it....so it will be soon. I think I enjoy the build process more than the ownership...

Yeah...someone wanted her worse than I did, and I wanted his money more than he did. :cool: I am already looking for another one to rebuild. My current project is a Jeep Commander for the winter, but I WILL be back in an XLR before long. I bid on a black '04 yesterday, but didn't get it....so it will be soon. I think I enjoy the build process more than the ownership...

I agree with you on the "build vs. ownership" thought. A late 80's, early 90's Grand Wagoneer would be a fun build and they are awesome rides too! Getting mighty pricey if you find a really nice one!

I agree with you on the "build vs. ownership" thought. A late 80's, early 90's Grand Wagoneer would be a fun build and they are awesome rides too! Getting mighty pricey if you find a really nice one!

Jeeps do hold their value, so do Caddy's

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics