Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

arbes

arbes

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Silver Platinum
New member from Onalaska Wisconsin :wave::wave:

Its a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll!!

My 08 XLR project started in October 2013. I will post pictures before during and after soon. I am currently waiting for the Wisconsin State Inspection to be completed. This is due to happen on Monday April 14th. This has been a very pleasant project and I have found many helpful tips and advice on this forum. Many thanks to all who post. I have yet to drive this car. I have owned many Corvettes starting with 1966 and all the way up to present. Thank you all for your interest! Respectfully, Richard Saathoff

Last edited:
Welcome to the XLR net. When did you acquire your XLR? Color? Pictures please??

Hi Neighbor!

Welcome to the best XLR site on the web! Hope to see you at some Midwest events this year sometime.

:wave:

2008 XLR Project car!

Welcome to the XLR net. When did you acquire your XLR? Color? Pictures please??

Thanks for the inquiry.This 2008 XLR is a project car. Damaged in Texas and I purchased off an insurance site. I also bought another XLR, a flood car. Both cars same color (platinum silver). The salt water flood car is just for parts. Not externally damaged but salt water ruins everything electrical. Two cars become one very nice car when finished. I have been a hot rodder all my life, many many cars!! and just wanted on of these XLR's. Excellent looks! If I'm pleased with this car I will find a nice V car eventually.

There will be many left over parts from the donor car so if anyone needs something let me know and I will gladly get back to you.

Pictures to follow when the car is finished!

Welcome

welcome,looks like you'll have your hands full for awhile.please keep us updated as it comes to completion and good luck. Al :cool:

Thanks for the inquiry.This 2008 XLR is a project car. Damaged in Texas and I purchased off an insurance site. I also bought another XLR, a flood car. Both cars same color (platinum silver). The salt water flood car is just for parts. Not externally damaged but salt water ruins everything electrical. Two cars become one very nice car when finished. I have been a hot rodder all my life, many many cars!! and just wanted on of these XLR's. Excellent looks! If I'm pleased with this car I will find a nice V car eventually.

There will be many left over parts from the donor car so if anyone needs something let me know and I will gladly get back to you.

Pictures to follow when the car is finished!

Sent you a PM.

Just wanted to say welcome too. Good luck with your project, how long do you anticipate the project will take? (wondering if we will see you at an event soon?)

08 xlr

Just wanted to say welcome too. Good luck with your project, how long do you anticipate the project will take? (wondering if we will see you at an event soon?)

I should have the xlr done easily before springtime. After this car is done have another project waiting. Thanks for the inquiry!

Richard

I should have the xlr done easily before springtime. After this car is done have another project waiting. Thanks for the inquiry!

Richard

....and that project is????

We seem to always have some project on the go, we are currently working on a 61 Oldsmobile Fiesta station wagon which its restoration has 'back burner-ed' a 68 Camaro's restoration!

Welcome and thanks for the geography lesson! Now I know - William Carlisle brought a sawmill to this area (Lake Livingston Texas), he named the town he created, Onalaska. Carlisle also named the towns of Onalaska, Wisconsin and Onalaska, Washington.

Last edited:
Welcome to XLR Net

Interesting. I think we'd all probably like to see progress pictures occassionally of this effort as you move forward should you feel so inclined.

Welcome. :)

Last edited:
Welcome and Good Luck with your new toy it's awesome I promise my 05 just turned over 80k and is Platinum! As you can see here in these to pictures it looks different color depending on the light shades!

3ymy4epa.jpg
eta8yge7.jpg
Silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors