Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery Tender?

arv09

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Silver Platinum, 2005 Black Raven XLR
I've been searching and unless I missed it I didn't see a thread specifically about battery tenders.

What is every one using for prolonged storage (Winter), etc?

Thanks!

The brand I use is actually called battery minder. It trickle charges as needed and desulfates the battery. Your battery gets sulfur on the lead plates which doesn't allow the battery to do its job. You really just need a trickle charge.

Thanks Stella, have to get one.

Does the Deltran Battery Tender Jr do the job?

I have two of them I use on my Harleys, the other two I have are the standard Battery Tender, which I use on the two Cadillacs. Both models seem to work great!!

Does the Deltran Battery Tender Jr do the job?

I have a few Battery Tenders (Deltran) and one CTEK model. The Ctek is fancier, with 4 different modes, but they all seem pretty good. Better than a dead battery anyhow.
Bruce

I have several Schumacher battery tenders around. They do a great job as well...

Since May of this year I've been using my Battery Tender on the XLR, but prior to that it was being used on the other Northstars for at least two years or more w/o any problems. I have two types, Battery Tender and a Schumacher unit but I need to get two more units for the other cars for I'm getting tired of switching from one car to the next. Either way it beats having a dead battery in the XLR.

Found Battery Tender

Thanks for all the advice. If anyone needs a new or extra battery tender I found the Battery Tender Junior for $23 and the Battery Tender Plus for $47.99 on Amazon today. They were priced $39.99 and $69.99 respectively on the Deltran site. I ended up getting 2 of the Battery Tender Plus for the XLR's because I was unsure about the parasitic drain. Bought another 2 of the Jr's for my 89 year old mother's 2000 Park Avenue (driven maybe 30 miles/month) and an extra that Mark wanted. Glad Mark looked at Amazon or I would have purchased them from the Deltram site. Another plus is with an Amazon credit card you get 3x points to use for future purchases.

I've been using the same Schumacher on my ZR-1 for nearly 20 years now. I love it.

Incidentally, I wrote an article over at the Corvette Action Center that details how to properly store a car over the winter:

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/care/storage.html

Hey Rob what happen to our Like Button????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan, check out post #26 in the "Welcome to the other side" thread in the News and Announcements... tells you all about the demise of the "like" button.

Dan, check out post #26 in the "Welcome to the other side" thread in the News and Announcements... tells you all about the demise of the "like" button.

Ok thx Rod!

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Attachments

• 20130817_155524.jpg
    20130817_155524.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 20130817_155534.jpg
    20130817_155534.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 20130928_131751.jpg
    20130928_131751.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 231

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

I was running a package on the XLR Net forums called vbSEO. It was a search engine optimization package. In a nutshell...it made pretty links that Google and other search engines liked. Unfortunately, the company that made vbSEO went down the toilet and they stopped developing the product.

When I moved the XLR Net on to its own server - that server came equipped with all the latest core programming - PHP being one of them. I also updated the vBulletin forum software to the latest released version. Both the new version of PHP and vBulletin do not like vbSEO. A lot of the code in vbSEO is now "deprecated" or extinct. Thus it caused a ton of errors here in the forums.

The "LIKE" button was just a nifty addon feature of vbSEO. So when I removed vbSEO - the LIKE button went with it.

I'm really sorry because I liked the LIKE button too, but I had to remove vbSEO in order to get the forums to function.

I promise, I will look for a comparable LIKE button add on. Right now, I've been busy trying to add a new VIDEOS feature to the XLR Net - that will be specific to XLR and XLR-V videos. That requires additional software packages to be installed on the server which is what I've been working on tonight for the last three hours. :(

Thx for the feedback! I guess I'll reply with a smiley face for now!! Lol

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Rob,

Thanks for the info on storage. It was very useful to me.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom