Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bobfest 2012

My mistake.

On another note, the party has begun with a fun visit by Steve and Dianne. What a great time!

Bob

He he

Here is something that no corvette owner has....

photobucket-36346-1347581292328.jpg

Bob

Looks like I am able to catch an earlier flight tomorrow, so I should be able to be down in plenty of time for dinner. Things are looking good, Bob. :wave:

Things are looking good, Bob. :wave:

Flew into Indy and graciously received my XLR back in immaculate condition. No greater caretakers than Bruce and Kathy!
We had a long enjoyable dinner and then I headed to Mattoon. Arrived at the Hampton where I am surrounded by a sea of dirty corvettes...sooo,,,, I cleaned up the XLR in the dark of night and await morning. Nothing worse than a white XLR covered with bug spots....... parked next to a bunch of dirty Corvettes.
Of course, Just setting the bar a bit higher and refusing to play at that level..... Maybe it will win us some more XLR fans, who knows.

Safe travels to everyone on the way.

Steve

A little light rain at 3AM but the rest of the weekend will be spectacular!

Getting ready....

Cleaning.jpg

Bob

My mistake.

Bob

Really just a minor thing, only us "true believers" would have caught that!

Very impressive that you were able to get such a nice article printed. A little good press is good for the XLR community.

It's very common for me to hear "what kind of car is that"?

Hope everyone has safe travels and a good time.

Got back to Mattoon about 7:30 pm last night after a very long day driving from Mattoon to Warsaw Indiana and back to get a Wait4Me tune by Jes Bubb. Traffic on 31 in Kokomo and on I-70 coming back from Indianopolis was horrible. Is there any road they are not working on? We will be here all day, first order of the day is to remove 1600 miles of bugs and road grime. Steve / Fred what are your plans? Anyone else here early?

You are welcome to wash and detail here.

Bob

WE are planning on arriving between 4 and 5. had to come into work today for a bit then heading back home to pick up Missy Bling. Hope traffic not to horrible. See all soon.

You are welcome to wash and detail here.

Bob

Thanks Bob, We are going to run into Effingham this morning and then will plan on spending a few hours this afternoon at your house washing and cleaning up the XLR once it dries up a bit. See everyone this afternoon / evening.

We aren't able to leave home until about 1 pm, so we won't be able to make it for dinner tonight. We're at the Holiday Inn XP, so we'll just see you late tonite or in the morning. What time is everyone meeting at your place tomorrow, Bob?

Really looking forward to seeing everyone - sorry that some of the 'regulars' can't make it.

~Quinn

gonna miss y'all

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend at Bob Fest! :party

I will just mope about here in Ontario :( wishing I was there with you. It turns out that something special is happening for me this weekend and I would have to had cancel coming there anyway: I will tell you all about it after the fact!

Drive safe and have fun! :burnout:

Thanks Bob

Just got off the phone with Bob and he welcomed me to join you all at the corvettefunfest.
I'm new to this forum having just gotten my XLR last month.
Have never been on a trip with it yet - I just hope I won't have problem since I have to come about 200 miles.
So if everything goes OK I'll see you all tomorrow.
Now I'm going to try to find a motel for Saturday night.
:) See you later!!!

Just got off the phone with Bob and he welcomed me to join you all at the corvettefunfest.
I'm new to this forum having just gotten my XLR last month.
Have never been on a trip with it yet - I just hope I won't have problem since I have to come about 200 miles.
So if everything goes OK I'll see you all tomorrow.
Now I'm going to try to find a motel for Saturday night.
:) See you later!!!

Sounds GREAT, see you tomorrow @ FunFest. :wave:

Check In

I'm home. I had someone in an XLR pushing me most of the way across I-70. :) Pics are downloading now. I'll post a link in a few.

Thanks to the best hosts every!

I'm home. I had someone in an XLR pushing me most of the way across I-70.

Sorry about that. :reddevil I'm home, too.

Thanks to the best hosts every!

Ditto! I know we're a rowdy bunch, but Bob and Paula put on such a great party - you can't help but have an Fun time. 5AM said hopefully next year she won't have a cold and will sing more. She's looking forward to singing a few duets with Dave. Cubby may have to bring the handcuffs to get her to share the mike. :chuckle

I had a ball! And even found time to get Will Cooksey to sign my hat, book, racing suit, and re-sign my engine cover. He didn't know we came out again this year and couldn't get a kart to come visit with us like last year, but wanted everyone to know he said hi.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom