Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bobfest 2012

Schooley LOA

We're back in Wisconsin. Got the dogs from the kennel. Watching the replay of yesterday's ALMS race - we passed the Level 5 rig on the way home.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to Bob and Paula and all their helpers!!! We had a great time visiting with everyone - old and new friends. (Good medicine :))
Wish the whole gang could have made it, but it was wonderful to see those of you who could get there---we missed the rest of you!

Love
Quinn, David, Hannah & D2

FunFest/BobFest plus Cincinatti Just Added to the Fun

Wow, what a weekend! So many to thank for the warm thoughts and friendship that came my way. Bruce and Kathy for nurturing my XLR; providing me the most awesome undeserved plaque; and caring for my XLR all summer long plus adding to the fun at FunFest. Bob and Paula for making FunFest/BobFest the pinnacle event of the year. This was my first appearance at FunFest/BobFest and it is AWESOME! Thank you two so very much for your absolute and selfless sacrifice for the benefit of us all.

Gizmo and PJ, thanks so much for the "award" for my alleged "contribution" to the XLR brand by leaving my car in the capable hands of Bruce and Kathy to show at Carmel for Artmobilia and all those other display days Kathy created in her frequent public tours..... I am so undeserving of such accolades when you, PJ, Bruce, Kathy, and others are the real heroes here.

To the rest of my friends (even those like Marc and Kris who have blue XLRs that must be anchored to prevent drifting around listlessly in a sea of old exaggerated Navy stories) and all those others that make this such a great place to be involved. You all know who you are; Quinn, Dave, Chicago Dave, Cubby, Supa, sister Sue, Phred, new Ted, Steve, Diane, Hannah, Dave #2, Rich, and missing George plus any one else I brainlessly forgot to mention!

This was such an awesome weekend it is sad that it had to end.

On a happier note I did pick up my son today and enjoy the Cleveland v Cincinatti NFL game today. Perfect weather for a perfect Bengal win. Sadly must also report that the Cadillac Ranch in downtown Cincinatti is no more....even all those 1959 Eldorados that were bolted to the roof and ceilings have all disappeared....... Seems like the only thing that never changes here is the beauty of the ladies in our group..... Always fiercely attractive!

Steve

Sorry we had to leave just when the party was getting started, but not untill after all the great food and ice cream and fireworks! We had a great time at the Funfest and Bobfest and really enjoyed visiting with everyone again. Bob & Paula, your hospitality is second to none and so much appreciated. Got up at 5:30 this morning and made it to Little Rock this afternoon after driving through rain most of the day.

Steven & Thelma

Made it home yesterday afternoon - in plenty of time to go to Jared's football game. Nice drive home. Followed our newest member (Ted) up I-57 for a ways.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to our best host, Bob and Paula. :blinzel: You two just go way beyond any normal hospitality and "do it up right"! The food was fabulous (great salmon too - I'm not normally much of a fish eater - but it was delicious). Breakfast was wonderful (both Sat morning and Sunday morning) - thank you again. What a great time to visit with friends, and meet new ones. Thanks for ordering that PERFECT WEATHER as well. :)

As we've said before - THE PARTY OF THE SUMMER!! Thank you!!

Soon, us midwesterners will be thinking about putting our precious XLR's into their winter slumbers - with great memories of another wonderful summer. :wave:

I've attended several Funfest before with my corvette in years past, but nothing prepared me for Bobfest with my new XLR. The XLR owners are a class by themselves. I have never met a friendlier and down to earth group of people like this before.

Bob and Paula opened up their home to a total stranger (me) as if I was their long lost cousin coming home for a family reunion. And, what a PARTY - the food, the entertainment (DJ & fireworks) and especially meeting and getting to know the XLR family.

Now about them country back roads at night, if it wasn't for Dave leading me back to my motel, I'd still be there.

Since this was my first long distant trip with the XLR, I got to know the car a little better and for some unknown reason the trip home was lot faster. Hum - I wonder why? :)

The photos are great. The wife said that she won't let me go alone next time (she thought it was just car show with a bunch of guys talking cars). Oh well.

Again, thanks to everyone for welcoming me to your "XLR family".

See you next year.
Ted :wave:

It was fun seeing our XLR friends, old & new @ FunFest. It would have been nice to have had even more beautiful XLRs on display, they always draw a lot of attention. Kathy got to say good-bye to her XLR before Steve headed back to Florida. Thanks for posting the great pics Phrede. The weather was great! :cool:

It was fun seeing our XLR friends, old & new @ FunFest. It would have been nice to have had even more beautiful XLRs on display, they always draw a lot of attention. Kathy got to say good-bye to her XLR before Steve headed back to Florida. Thanks for posting the great pics Phrede. The weather was great! :cool:

Let Kathy know I'm anxiously waiting to see the pictures from a "real" photographer. :)

Great weekend again at Bobfest. Thanks just isn't enough to Bob and Paula and all the hard work and time they put into this event. You two are the best of host's. THANK YOU.
P.S. Ted you are one of us now so hope we will see you at future events. Very nice to meet you.

It was fun seeing our XLR friends, old & new @ FunFest. It would have been nice to have had even more beautiful XLRs on display.... Kathy got to say good-bye to her XLR before Steve headed back to Florida. Thanks

Arrived back in Orlando about 11:30 pm late last night. What a great car! At every refueling I received compliments and accolades as to how awesome XLRs are admired! Just amazing! Kathy and Bruce had the white XLR looking so great nobody could say anything but "WOW" as to how it looked!

Again, I must give my appreciation to Paula and Bob for the best of events! You two are amazing! To all my XLR buddies I can not wait till we can do this again!

Love to you all!

Steve

Dash plaque

Dave, Thanks for the cool BobFest dash plaque, they came out nice. I've already added it to the collection. :wave:

Funfest pictures

IMG_6302_zps15d437e8.jpg

IMG_6178_zps6008ac30.jpg

IMG_6179_zps481aa3ea.jpg

IMG_6187_zps4ac438b7.jpg

IMG_6233_zpsd9c7da63.jpg

IMG_6292_zpsb877350b.jpg

IMG_6269_zps6f1eda43.jpg

IMG_6226_zpsf36f46e6.jpg

IMG_6310_zps4b8da527.jpg

IMG_6231_zpscaf37e35.jpg

IMG_6327_zpsb1467b8c.jpg

IMG_6320_zps51d520a0.jpg

Great pics Bruce & Kathy. Sorry we missed the Funfest part of the event. It was great being able to get back from KY to Bobfest in time to meet our 'old friends' and meet new ones as well. Another great event, Bob & Paula put on--you guys are the best!! :cool::cool:

FunFest Pictures

Like always, Kathy and Bruce you present the greatest pictures!
Just Awesome!

Could even make me look good in a dark light...

Steve

Like always, Kathy and Bruce you present the greatest pictures!
Just Awesome!

Could even make me look good in a dark light...

Steve

Yes, they were great photos: you two have a knack for photographing cars!

What are you talking about Steve: you are a cutie in any light....right girls! ;) :cool: ;) :cool: ;)

2013 BobFest

Just tried to book a room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MATTOON - and they're all booked up, i.e., full.

Bob, did you reserve a block of rooms anywhere else for the 2013 BobFest attendees?

Thanks
Giz

Bobfest/Funfest 2013

Just tried to book a room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MATTOON - and they're all booked up, i.e., full.

Bob, did you reserve a block of rooms anywhere else for the 2013 BobFest attendees?

Thanks
Giz

So I was wondering if we are planning on having a collection XLR's at Funfest 2013? :dunno: Who all is interested?

Bobfest 2013

I have it circled on my calender. Last year I stayed at the Days Inn in Matton for $56. It wasn't the "Ritz" but it was good enough to sleep for the night. I hope to see you all again this year!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom