Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Broken radio wanted

MPRCTCL

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
I'm looking for an original radio free or cheap. It does not need to work and could have a damaged screen. All I really need is the cosmetic bezel and buttons around the screen. Obviously, I'll pay shipping, but I'd rather not pay a lot for the parts if anyone has one collecting dust.:rocker:

sadly nobody gives anything away even when its worthless. but this guy sells direct if you look him up on the internet. He has sold a lot of XLR parts and is very fair. Offer him 50-60$ It really has no value if it was mine I would chunk it. But who knows.HAHA
Audio Equipment Radio Am-fm-stereo-cassette-cd Player Fits 04-09 XLR 317749 | eBay

Yep, I agree. I'd seen that one, and may end up conceding, but I want to get it out here for people to be aware I'm looking if and when they decide to replace their radio. I've also seen replacement screen assemblies on Ebay, which implies that someone, somewhere has a need and is pitching out the old one.

I may also end up 3D printing one, but that's a lot more hassle when there are so many other bits to develop.

So, progress. I’ve designed a custom bezel and some circuits to adapt a new Sony head unit to the space while retaining the factory amp, eqs,disc changer and factory microphone. This is as far as I can go because the Sony model isn’t shipping yet so some dimensions are based on old versions. Here’s a rendering of the actual 3D part I’ll print, photoshops into my car.

comments welcomed, haters need not reply.

Attachments

• C598755D-D03C-4A6B-B990-401B181E7C4A.jpg
    C598755D-D03C-4A6B-B990-401B181E7C4A.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 300
Hmm. I don’t see any reason not to. At least the mechanical parts. Probably don’t want to share the software though because it talks on the bus and I wouldn’t want to take a chance with anyone else’s safety if I have a bug in the program.

updated: getting real

Well, it's getting real.

I finally got the radio (Sony AXV-AX7000) and chopped it apart. I made a faceplate and most of the buttons, but there will be at least one more set because there are various issues with these. The software is probably 75% done as is the electronic hardware design and prototype.

Here's a teaser.

IMG_0065.jpg

Two and a half years later and I’m finally finishing up. Here’s the latest teaser of the first fitting and getting all the custom circuits mounted. Hopefully, it will be done by Thursday for the Allanté XLR Invitational Owners Meet. The software, however, will never be fully “done.”

Attachments

• 647DD9A6-C680-41CF-96DE-7656F9917741.jpeg
    647DD9A6-C680-41CF-96DE-7656F9917741.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
  • AAA3656A-847F-48DC-8431-F9E4B8A66E92.jpeg
    AAA3656A-847F-48DC-8431-F9E4B8A66E92.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!