Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Charleston, SC trip April '11 information

Cory,

I have your information and will contact you tomorrow. What is the best time to call? Bruce & I have been trying to determine the best day..possibly the 13th or 14th (April) As it stands right now we have 22 cars; possibly up to 30 as the dates near.

Kevin

Hi, this is Cory, GM of the N. Charleston Smokey Bones. My brother (ComfortZone) has mentioned my restaurant as a possible destination for the group while you are in Charleston. We would love to host a show for you, we have plenty of parking space and would be willing to provide a trophy for the winner. We have contacted the local Cadillac dealer and they are interested in being a part of the event. Let me know what day would be best for the group and we will put something together. Thanks, Cory.

Car washing

Would the local Cadillac dealer be interested in providing "wash service" (for a fee) for the XLRs as many will have traveled a long distance to get to Charleston?

Perhaps some of the others that have been part of other trips can post with what services have been made available to the XLR owners on those trips.

San Antonio,TX trip wash service

In San Antonio, TX in 2009, one of the forum members (sorry, don't remember who) contacted a mobile wash service in San Antonio. The wash service was at the hotel to wash cars the first evening that cars were arriving and after each day trip as the cars got back to the hotel - at a cost of only $25 each time. You could also get your car waxed and polished for an additional charge. Pretty reasonable, if you ask me...

Would the local Cadillac dealer be interested in providing "wash service" (for a fee) for the XLRs as many will have traveled a long distance to get to Charleston?

Perhaps some of the others that have been part of other trips can post with what services have been made available to the XLR owners on those trips.

There is a nice car wash just down the road from our hotel in Asheville. We used it in '09. I will look for car wash locations in Charleston.

Hi, this is Cory, GM of the N. Charleston Smokey Bones. My brother (ComfortZone) has mentioned my restaurant as a possible destination for the group while you are in Charleston. We would love to host a show for you, we have plenty of parking space and would be willing to provide a trophy for the winner. We have contacted the local Cadillac dealer and they are interested in being a part of the event. Let me know what day would be best for the group and we will put something together. Thanks, Cory.

Cory, Thanks So Much setting this up for our group and for contacting the local Cadillac dealer, it is very kind. It sounds like a fun evening. Wed. or Thursday may work out best.:wave:

I won't be able to make it to Asheville, but my wife and I go there a lot if you need any restaurant suggestions.

I have an expo in Orlando April 11-13th and will be in Charleston late the night of the 13th.

I guess I'll have to set up the event at your brothers place for Thursday the 14th; that way you'll be there.:lol::lol:

I won't be able to make it to Asheville, but my wife and I go there a lot if you need any restaurant suggestions.

I have an expo in Orlando April 11-13th and will be in Charleston late the night of the 13th.

I guess I'll have to set up the event at your brothers place for Thursday the 14th; that way you'll be there.:lol::lol:

You guys schedule whenever is best for everybody!! If it is when I can be there, that will be great!!

You guys schedule whenever is best for everybody!! If it is when I can be there, that will be great!!

I think it should be the 14th - Casey needs to be there! :wave:

Most of us will be there most of the week - I'm sure the 14th will be good - also gives some of the others that are "on the fence" or maybe just coming up for a long weekend - to try and squeak an extra day into their weekend. :chuckle

I am SOOO looking forward to this trip! This is just a GREAT group of people, on this forum. I am enjoying my XLR beyond my wildest dreams! Thank you everyone! :rocker:

Hampton Inn Patriots Point - Charleston

I tried to book online and they said the hotel was full.

FYI: if you have Hilton Diamond status they can still get you a room. You have to call the Diamond desk to book it.

I look forward to meeting you all on the 14th of April. :wave:

I booked our stay in Charleston at the Marriott Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant. Doesn't look to be that far from the Hilton.

Car Show & BBQ!!!

Bring your Speed Shine & Cleaning Supplies!!

I have spoken with Corey (Comfrtzone's brother) at Smokey Bones in Charleston and set up a fun event for us on Thursday, April 14th from 11am-2pm. Corey will have the front parking lot reserved for us along with a private meeting room available to us. He will also supply a pulled pork sandwich lunch with two sides for $10 per person. Alcoholic beverages will be available on you!! :)

He will also set up a beer tub in the lot for 'Supa' and any others interested. He has contacted the local Cadillac dealership and they will be bringing down a new CTS Coupe to be on display with our cars.

This should be a great unwinding day and we could then possibly set up a Harbor tour in the afternoon (which is close to our hotels).

Please give me your opinions on this A.S.A.P.!! If we need to make any changes, I want to give Corey plenty of time to adapt.

Bring your Speed Shine & Cleaning Supplies!!

I have spoken with Corey (Comfrtzone's brother) at Smokey Bones in Charleston and set up a fun event for us on Thursday, April 14th from 11am-2pm. Corey will have the front parking lot reserved for us along with a private meeting room available to us. He will also supply a pulled pork sandwich lunch with two sides for $10 per person. Alcoholic beverages will be available on you!! :)

He will also set up a beer tub in the lot for 'Supa' and any others interested. He has contacted the local Cadillac dealership and they will be bringing down a new CTS Coupe to be on display with our cars.

This should be a great unwinding day and we could then possibly set up a Harbor tour in the afternoon (which is close to our hotels).

Please give me your opinions on this A.S.A.P.!! If we need to make any changes, I want to give Corey plenty of time to adapt.

Cubby & Cory, that sounds great! It is so nice of Cory & the gang @ Smokey Bones to do this for the group. Hopefully the weather will be good. Like Cubby said, this could be a more laid back day. We can spend the morning getting the cars ready before heading over to Smokey Bones.

We could do a group tour of the house Thursday after the Smokey Bones car show...what do you think?

That sound like a great idea, Bruce. I'm in! :rocker:

Calhoun Mansion tours

We can tour the Calhoun Mansion on Thursday, April 14th @ 4:30 pm after The Smokey Bones car show. We can schedule our tour earlier (3:00 -4:00 pm) if you guys feel it would work out better.

There are 2 tours that you can choose from;

The regular tour is $17 per person & covers the first two floors, takes around 30-45 minutes to complete.

The grand tour is $50 per person & includes the entire home. They remove the ropes on this tour so you can move off the tour path & take pictures through out the home. The tour takes 1hr 30 min to complete.

We don't all have to do the same tour of the mansion. I do need to know how many of you are interested in the grand tour so that we can let them know how many to expect. We will be able to purchase our tour tickets when we arrive @ the mansion in the gift shop.

Check out the website and let me know.:wave:

Ugh

As of now, it looks like I will have to miss Charleston. Some new business meetings will have me in FL until the 15th.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom