Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Looking forward to it. But also a little nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photobucket was having a sale so Mike got this picture from the Va. Beach/OBX trip on stretched canvas. Given the lighting that day it really looks like a painting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 346
Took the X down to my friendly window tinting guy yesterday. He's been doing our vehicles since 2002. He doesn't use a template cutter, entirely by hand cutting and eyeballing it. But his work is outstanding. I'd been putting it off since purchase, but a week or so ago the sun was unbearably hot coming through the windows, so got it done before the spring starts heating up down here.
Came back home afterwards and wiped down with Z-8 Grand Finale.
We were at the Houston Auto Show last Friday and there was a huge display of auto finishes and polishes. Wife says why don't you take a look, and I told her I've been satisfied with Zaino since around 2005 and can't see a reason to change.
Anyways, have a good rest of the week guys.

Took the X down to my friendly window tinting guy yesterday. He's been doing our vehicles since 2002. He doesn't use a template cutter, entirely by hand cutting and eyeballing it. But his work is outstanding. I'd been putting it off since purchase, but a week or so ago the sun was unbearably hot coming through the windows, so got it done before the spring starts heating up down here.
Came back home afterwards and wiped down with Z-8 Grand Finale.
We were at the Houston Auto Show last Friday and there was a huge display of auto finishes and polishes. Wife says why don't you take a look, and I told her I've been satisfied with Zaino since around 2005 and can't see a reason to change.
Anyways, have a good rest of the week guys.

So how dark did you go Rex? need a picture

When I had mine done I went with 35% and at night it pretty dark! Especially when it's raining out!
Got to look twice!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454437167.829901.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454437193.781248.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Happy Birthday to Beauty - she made it through her first decade! :blue: I'm just being silly but thought it was fun! :chuckle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 331
Roxy came out of winter storage today ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457651143.888580.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well got my new BF Goodrich, new tires on yesterday very nice tire like them very much, but the sad news was PA inspection failed because the two shocks on the rear are leaking so searched the Internet and found both right and left on Amazon for $812 with free shipping so they're ordered. Next Tuesday they should be here and have them put on probably next Thursday! Wow where were at about 2 grand real quick like! But I consider that a pretty good deal considering the shocks at dealer price would've been over $2000
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457816986.643519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457817033.643472.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well got my new BF Goodrich, new tires on yesterday very nice tire like them very much, but the sad news was PA inspection failed because the two shocks on the rear are leaking so searched the Internet and found both right and left on Amazon for $812 with free shipping so they're ordered. Next Tuesday they should be here and have them put on probably next Thursday! Wow where were at about 2 grand real quick like! But I consider that a pretty good deal considering the shocks at dealer price would've been over $2000
View attachment 6228
View attachment 6229

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

You have some super picky inspectors up there! I can't imagine that kind of thing failing in Va. unless somebody was hard up for work (having gotten through a few inspections with a T-bird I slammed through a few too many speed bumps).

Lousy to have to spend the dough when you just spent on tires, BUT hopefully you'll have a better ride!

Well Amy they're not getting the work because they do not install the struts they just said that they were coated with oil on the struts the two on the front replaced about a year after I bought her!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

The 2 rear struts installed today along with the 4 new gForce Comp2 BF Goodrich Tire it drives like a complete different car! Lots of money well spent they check and charged the AC too but couldn't find no major leaks must be a very slow one as this was the first problem in almost 5 years that we own her! March 25th 5 year anniversary!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Birthday gifts for Beauty

Well, not really birthday gifts for a car, but some nice engine bling - a set of chrome caps & a new top for the dipstick to replace the ugly yellow one. :thumbsup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 256
Nice.......my Birthday in July just sayin........LOL

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I have some great friends who find the best things to get me! :rocker:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 258
Homeward bound

Well this certainly can not compete with Blue Angels, but we are heading home to Canada tomorrow morning from our winter retreat in North Port. I am going to be driving my 1964 Acadian Beaumont station wagon, Steve in the 'daily driver', the Chevy Terrain.

We will likely take 3 days to get home: the Acadian has its stock 283 with a 2 speed tranny which runs at 3 thousand RPM at 70 - so that is kind of the top end. Steve will be leading the way - setting the cruise control to 70 mph and I will follow him in the wagon. Really looking forward to this 'cross country' (South to north) trip in the old girl.

The "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" after getting home and kissing the grand kids: I will get to get the XLR out of winter storage: whoohoo!
:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Attachments

• DSCF5560.jpg
    DSCF5560.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 243

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC