Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I'm looking into the clear bra as well. I've found if I keep passing everyone in front of me, which is really easy to do with the V, I don't get any rock chips!!:laugh::laugh:

Cubby,
................... I haven't driven my V too much as I was waiting for the clear film installation on the front. Long story - two stone chips at delivery...

Very cool! Love that color on the XLR!!! :blinzel:

I bought one with around 20758 at the time. Now I have around 21168 now. Love the color.
7ehe7ede.jpg
it is also a 2006. I enjoy driving this car.

Done Deal!!! Just got the call. They sent their guys to pick it up about 1/2 hour ago. Will have it, checked, fluids changed and detailed for delivery around 1600 hrs today.

I'M BACK

That is Awesome Dave we all knew you couldn't live with out an XLR !!! :rocker:
Pictures please!
Dan & Wendy

Done Deal!!! Just got the call. They sent their guys to pick it up about 1/2 hour ago. Will have it, checked, fluids changed and detailed for delivery around 1600 hrs today.

I'M BACK

That is great news Hatty, welcome back....not that you were totally gone! You had bought a CTS-V had you not??? Still have that?

I'M BACK

Dave, you are a piece of work!

However, I am glad to see that you have now converted to the correct color . . .

Congrats!

The 3m bra is a excellent investment.

low miles! Almost something to just store and show, I deal with that pain a lot...then I buy a commute car with 40k
miles...on a 95!...but if you look closely through the back window, you can see what gets to stay in the garage rofl!

image_zps5c526872.jpg

Plenty of ammunition, food and the fireplace and grill are good to go...

I am glad that your priorities are in the right order! Good Luck!

Bob

Just got home from a quick trip to the Carolinas. Just in time to put everything behind closed doors and prepare for Armageddon. Prepared for the worst. Plenty of ammunition, food and the fireplace and grill are good to go...see you all on the other side...I will give Dorothy and Toto your regards.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ditto.....same here we are prepared to the best of our abilities. Ironically, I am looking at a 10 kilowatt whole house generator still in it's crate....it is scheduled to be installed next week.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ditto.....same here we are prepared to the best of our abilities. Ironically, I am looking at a 10 kilowatt whole house generator still in it's crate....it is scheduled to be installed next week.

We took the plunge on a whole house generator after Isabel - it was bad​ here & we were without power for a number of days.

Fall colors with leaves were such that this weekend would have been nice for a personal "fall drive." Now they'll all be blown & rained down - but if that's the worst we get I sure won't complain! Not bad here so far but is supposed to be a lot worse tonight.

Hope all you East Coasters get through this storm without much damage!! It is supposed to even reach us Midwesterners throughout this week. The Chicago news stations are saying we could expect to see 20-30' waves on Lake Michigan due to the high winds coming later tonight and tomorrow. They are calling for 60MPH gusts the next few days. Glad we a far enough south of the lake!!

Be safe everyone!!

We took the plunge on a whole house generator after Isabel - it was bad​ here & we were without power for a number of days.

Fall colors with leaves were such that this weekend would have been nice for a personal "fall drive." Now they'll all be blown & rained down - but if that's the worst we get I sure won't complain! Not bad here so far but is supposed to be a lot worse tonight.

I might have asked this question before, but where in VA are you located.

The easiest description is near Va. Beach. Our biggest problem with bad storms is the multitude of trees in our neighborhood that can fall. No water near us - although our back yard was pretty much a party of deep puddles after all the rain.

Ironically, I am looking at a 10 kilowatt whole house generator still in it's crate....it is scheduled to be installed next week.

When I built our new house about 5 years ago, I installed a 16kw Natural Gas powered Generator and a 200 amp transfer switch. Well worth every dime I spent, it can power the whole house.

When Hurricane Hugo came through in 1989, I was out of power for 10 days for that one. I decided then that when I built a new house, it would have a whole-house unit.

Winter before last, power was out for about 48 hours. It sure was nice that life went on as normal at my house!

No storm issues here with the exception of much earlier than normal low temperatures.

Didn't get a call this weekend. :dunno: I guess OnStar doesn't care if I speed as long as I'm not pulling side Gs.

The funny thing is State Farm my Ins. Co just sent a letter about save money and that is how they track your driving according to your record from OnStar! Yeh right not in this sportscar they would raise our rates Ha! Ha! :laugh:

Wendy & Dan :wave:

The funny thing is State Farm my Ins. Co just sent a letter about save money and that is how they track your driving according to your record from OnStar! Yeh right not in this sportscar they would raise our rates Ha! Ha! :laugh:

Wendy & Dan :wave:

Not true, I have been insured with State Farm since 1957. When State Farm and On Star hooked up in Colorado it saved me over $100 every six months on the XLR. December 1st it will finally be available in AZ so I can get the discount on my DTS. I had it on the DTS in CO so when I changed the registration to AZ I lost the discount. The only thing they are interested in is how many miles you put on the vehicle annualy and the theft feature. Has nothing to do with how fast you drive your car.

Not true, I have been insured with State Farm since 1957. When State Farm and On Star hooked up in Colorado it saved me over $100 every six months on the XLR. December 1st it will finally be available in AZ so I can get the discount on my DTS. I had it on the DTS in CO so when I changed the registration to AZ I lost the discount. The only thing they are interested in is how many miles you put on the vehicle annualy and the theft feature. Has nothing to do with how fast you drive your car.[/QUOTE

First Robin
Hey Thanks that is quite interesting I may just have to check with my agent now!

Well, Sandy passed and left us unscathed for the most part in my neighborhood. I had Dawn and her daughter Emily at my house. Emily, 19 and independent, was not happy about it at all. Thanks for all the well wishes.

I should have known that a storm named Sandy (Graytoad) would not harm me.

By the way Sandy- congrats on the Queens award.[/QUOTE

Sandy was very good to us also had a water in the basement but that happen always with heavy rains! We never even lost electric at all

Dan

Congrats Giz, heard you did quite well in the 1/4 mile. Perhaps, with all your modifications, you disconnected some of the OnStar sensors while completely re-wiring the car...:laugh::chuckle:laugh:

Congrats Giz
May be they was very busy with Sandy didn't have time for you! :dunno:

Dan

Cooler temps right now here in Florida. But next week planing on taking topless baby out to explore and enjoy the 70's temps. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352333180.910994.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom