Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I don't know if you guys have curbs along your neighborhood roads but when I back down from my sisters house, from her driveway I have to go very very slow. I hear the front skirt scrap on the driveway curb. :eek:uch:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if you guys have curbs along your neighborhood roads but when I back down from my sisters house, from her driveway I have to go very very slow. I hear the front skirt scrap on the driveway curb. :eek:uch:

I go slow through those too (maybe the only time I go slow!). Not interested in trashing the radiator welds. In fact, I had to go slow out of a mall the other day & the nice lady behind me honked, flipped me off, & yelled at me. I still didn't hurry up - until after the dip! :wave:

Yes and speed bumps too are xlr and corvettes worse nightmare. Some are block shape , which are the worse. Others are rounded and others are built into the road. I try and drive around another way if I know the place has them.

That's how my driveway leads to the street .... I back down at an angle and do okay .... straight back and it's not a good thing. Also, it seems like every day parking lot now has those front curbs and they are just under the bumper ... :willy_nilly:

That's why I try and pull as far up as I can, just before I get ready to hit. Or better yet I just try and back in. Then I can hear the beep. (Sensor beep)

I would also scrap my front end backing out of my driveway but I noticed Amy never scraped her her XLR. :pat: After watching the angle she backed out, problem solved no more scraping on mine. :jump:

When ever you are faced with a 'questionable' gutter/curb always attack it on an angle and go slow so the suspension does not compress. I had a 92 Z-28 Camaro and its front nose piece that was body coloured was super low and its belly scoop (air flow for engine) was even lower than the XLR. That car taught me many tricks in avoidance as well as to ALWAYS back into parking spots. Anything dead on the road must be avoided at all costs: racoons are the worst! :mad:

(It does not look as low in the nose in this picture as it is parked on a high spot and there is a rain swale right in front of the car, but trust me this car tested me all the time!)

Attachments

• Camaro Canadian Nationals 104.jpg
    Camaro Canadian Nationals 104.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 224
Santa's new ride!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 237
That looks like mine.

Steve said that you could pluralize that to "RIDES" if he had a HOT BABE in the passenger seat! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: It's Santa - I'm sure he's been good enough to get THAT!

Not sure about the wrapping ...

Yes no wonder we r in debt up to out chest.

Anyone know where I can find a salvage xlr? been looking for a while now, and no luck. Ready to come back to the states and take mine out of hiding. I'll be in japan for another year unfortunately. My plans are to attend the hot rod power tour in 2014, and stop by bowling green.

That's exactly why our country keeps getting in worse shape. All these reps,and senators are ALL corrupt. These people are nothing more than crooks stealing money from the people that put them their and they look straight in your eyes and tell you bullsh--! The question is when will the people get fed up and overturn these crooks. :blinzel:

I always look around for parts and what not I've seen two salvage xlr's on eBay one gunmetal with front end damage other black with the same. I've seen on cars.com that if you look under xlr they have acouple that are salvaged. Haven't been on there in awhile but they'd had diff colors looked like out of Virginia and for alright prices. Hope that help you out.

1badxlr you sound like me. I too spend a lot of time out of the country. I just recently bought my xlr. It's a 2006 infrared with at the time of purchase only had 20,758 miles. 2 months later I just have under 23,000 miles. I was told to keep a battery tender on it so not to come home with a drained battery. Other posts say they have left their xlrs for several weeks to a month and they have started right up.

I always look around for parts and what not I've seen two salvage xlr's on eBay one gunmetal with front end damage other black with the same. I've seen on cars.com that if you look under xlr they have acouple that are salvaged. Haven't been on there in awhile but they'd had diff colors looked like out of Virginia and for alright prices. Hope that help you out.

Thank you for the lead.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

Going to be in the 70's today in north Florida. (St augustine) Great convertible weather. There are around 7 convertibles in my neighborhood 2 BMW (1 z3 1 z4 ) a ford Shelby mustang , a camero , a c70 Volvo hardtop, Mercedes , a jag, Audi Tt , and then the best of the best my xlr. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356448953.261312.jpgtImageUploadedByTapatalk1356448980.133802.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356449008.748800.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356449075.346888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356449102.672427.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356449172.619735.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back