Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Crimson Pearl said:
The weather has been exceptionally nice here for the last few days with highs in the low 70's. So we decided that it would be perfect for a night time cruise through McAdenville, NC, also known as Christmastown, USA.

McAdenville is not very far away from our little mountain and the weather was perfect for a top-down cruise through town after dark tonight.

Have a look at the link : Official Web Site

Gizmo said:
PJ and I do this every year. Here we have "Our Lady Of The Snows" National Shrine that has a Christmas lights drive through the grounds. Because many of the displays are so large, topless is the only way to truly appreciate its full glory.

For those that live in pa. There is a farmer that has been putting up Christmas lights in bernville pa for 65 yrs. if I lived closer to the area I would drive up. The place was in the parade section of the st augustine record.
It looks like a great place and a must for topless drives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having lived in Montana for 55 years, it would somehow seem strange to me to view Christmas lights without snow on the ground...:dunno:

XLR and the Christmas Parade

This was the picture on the front page of my local newspaper this past Sunday. It was taken during the Christmas Parade which was held on Saturday.

XLRChristmasParade.jpg

For those that live in pa. There is a farmer that has been putting up Christmas lights in bernville pa for 65 yrs. if I lived closer to the area I would drive up. The place was in the parade section of the st augustine record.
It looks like a great place and a must for topless drives

Hawkeye
Where about is Bernville in PA and is it a small town easy to find the farmers light display ???
and thx for information!

Thanks Harrisburg hat. You beat me to the answer. Have fun

Ken, is that you leading the way?

No, but I bet it would have been fun!

I am aware of one other Crimson Pearl XLR in my area, and I would bet that it is that one. The lady that owns it is very nice and generous as well.

One of my neighbors is friends with a couple whose daughter was to be in a Christmas Parade a year or two ago. Their neighbor is the lady that owns the other Crimson Pearl XLR, and she let them borrow her car for the parade. She probably did the same this year for the young lady in the picture.

If this is the same car, it was purchased new in 2005 by the owner. Her and her husband owned the local Harley-Davidson dealership until about a year ago.

My brother has two cars that are often in Christmas Parades. He is often asked to drive one to carry a beauty queen or dignitary. He has a 1932 Ford Roadster and a 1967 VW convertible.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354928733.656610.jpg
Car fax gave me the history on my car. After it was "born" it was at Ed morse cadillac of delray beach Florida. Where the 1st owner used it as a commercial vehicle. From 11-22-05 -8-15-06. From there the owner reported a lien or loan from Maryland. The fax says he had it for 8 months where he turned it in to Ed morse of ft Lauderdale fl at a mileage of 7,050. It stayed the a very short time maybe a week. The 2nd owner picked it up on 8-22-06 from the same dealer in ft Lauderdale. The 2nd owner had it for 6 years. I guess he got tired of having fun. He must have got tired if south Florida so he moved to st augustine in early 2007. The trim was repaired @ 13,560, instrument cluster checked, cooling system, power train and body electrical were all checked.
Then at 11-0811 on mileage 18,469 the drive ability maintenance and oil and filter changed. Then a month later the big checks were done like brakes air filer etc. then he sold it to what turned out to be me. After I bought it from the premier Cadillac dealer in st augustine at a high mileage of 20,758. Lol
So long story short it has had 3 owners that have kept in in Florida.

New renters came in next door to mom and I. They have a BMW ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354936266.579081.jpg soft top and the neighbors next to them have the Shelby mustang. But the pony can't put the top down anymore. The owners had a leak. So the owners son put a sealer on the back window. The other option was to replace the top at a steep price. I think they did the cheapest route. But they can't go topless anymore.

New renters came in next door to mom and I. They have a BMW View attachment 2454 soft top and the neighbors next to them have the Shelby mustang. But the pony can't put the top down anymore. The owners had a leak. So the owners son put a sealer on the back window. The other option was to replace the top at a steep price. I think they did the cheapest route. But they can't go topless anymore.

I really wanted a BMW Z3 / SKY / SOLSTICE / CORVETTE / CROSSFIRE / AUDI / NISSAN when I decided that I was going to buy a 2 Seater roadster (convertible was a must) sure glad I found my XLR Roxy after seeing how's small and lack of performance they are and plus side of being the XLR hardtop convertible along with all the other Cadillac extras add on luxury. I never thought I would find an XLR at the price i did and I could still afford it too! I wii admit it is a expensive car to maintenance & repair but that's why I bought the extra 5yrs / 100,000 mile warranty! I feel I made the right move to buy an XLR BECAUSE WE JUST LOVE TO DRIVE HER! :blinzel:

I really wanted a BMW Z3 / SKY / SOLSTICE / CORVETTE / CROSSFIRE / AUDI / NISSAN when I decided that I was going to buy a 2 Seater roadster (convertible was a must) sure glad I found my XLR Roxy after seeing how's small and lack of performance they are and plus side of being the XLR hardtop convertible along with all the other Cadillac extras add on luxury. I never thought I would find an XLR at the price i did and I could still afford it too! I wii admit it is a expensive car to maintenance & repair but that's why I bought the extra 5yrs / 100,000 mile warranty! I feel I made the right move to buy an XLR BECAUSE WE JUST LOVE TO DRIVE HER! :blinzel:

I never had ANY desire to have a convertible, I just always wanted an XLR because I thought they looked fantastic with the top up. Now that I've put in a bunch of miles with the top down, I can't imagine NOT having a convertible! (Mike feels the same day). It's just so relaxing to drive with the top down & makes me feel like a kid again! :cool:

I never had ANY desire to have a convertible, I just always wanted an XLR because I thought they looked fantastic with the top up. Now that I've put in a bunch of miles with the top down, I can't imagine NOT having a convertible! (Mike feels the same day). It's just so relaxing to drive with the top down & makes me feel like a kid again! :cool:

Not I, always wanted to feel the excitement of driving in convertible! I had the XLR yrs. back but at the time you see a car of that extreme I never thought I would be able to afford or own so I kind of forgot about them until I decided to buy this type of vehicle and seen it for sale in my price range! Who would of thought a 75 grand car would be selling 25 Grand although KellyBlue Book was at 33,600 went I bought her March of 2011! I'm happy I got a good deal plus a awesome car at a awesome price! :twist: :rocker:

I have been a "car guy" since I was a teenager. I still have my first car, a 1966 GTO.

When Cadillac brought the Evoq show car to market as the XLR, I knew I would have one someday. I also knew it would be in Crimson Pearl with shale interior.

I found a nice low mileage XLR that I liked, but in a different color. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. So I kept looking until I found Crimson Pearl.

I like the fact that the XLR is really TWO great cars, a wonderful coupe and an exciting roadster! It really does have a dual personality.

In my opinion, it's actually a much more striking vehicle with the top up, the lines on the car are so visually striking. And then you have the option to go top-down in less than a minute!

I never had a lot of desire for a rag-top, but the retractible feature of the XLR really made ownership of a convertible much more practical!

I have been a "car guy" since I was a teenager. I still have my first car, a 1966 GTO.

When Cadillac brought the Evoq show car to market as the XLR, I knew I would have one someday. I also knew it would be in Crimson Pearl with shale interior.

I found a nice low mileage XLR that I liked, but in a different color. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. So I kept looking until I found Crimson Pearl.

I like the fact that the XLR is really TWO great cars, a wonderful coupe and an exciting roadster! It really does have a dual personality.

In my opinion, it's actually a much more striking vehicle with the top up, the lines on the car are so visually striking. And then you have the option to go top-down in less than a minute!

I never had a lot of desire for a rag-top, but the retractible feature of the XLR really made ownership of a convertible much more practical!

Hey crimson I too enjoyed looking and owning cars. I had a rag top in my lifetime. It was the 95 Chrysler le Barron ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354991720.655402.jpg. I too think that "rag" tops are to blah. I don't think they (hard tops) came out till later. I think your a little safer because you can act quickly for a sportier look. They are a lot cleaner looking. The only thing is with the rag tops you could always pick them out in a sea of cars. I also say if our cars are left outside and a sudden storm pops up then you are better off because the hail or tree falling wont go through the roof as easy ad a hard top.

Another thing. I think the camero is a cheaper version of our cars. They look like they are built on the same frame as our cars. I had to do a double look because this has not only the same color as mine but also the same rims. (I think)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354992271.018788.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354992287.201982.jpg

Another thing. I think the camero is a cheaper version of our cars. They look like they are built on the same frame as our cars. I had to do a double look because this has not only the same color as mine but also the same rims. (I think)View attachment 2456View attachment 2457

The are close, but not the same... the Camaro's rims are 5 spoke, your XLR's rims are 7 spoke & at the hub, there is a deeper depression in the Camaro's hubs than your XLR's.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355016119.586309.jpgspotted this other classic at my local mall. Well it might be a classic but I don't think it's at all very comfortable. Pontiac g6 hardtop convertible. I don't think it at all stands up to our xlr in beauty or speed.

Another thing. I think the camero is a cheaper version of our cars. They look like they are built on the same frame as our cars. I had to do a double look because this has not only the same color as mine but also the same rims. (I think)View attachment 2456View attachment 2457

Hawkeye:
These XLR's and XLR-V's are built on the Corvette frame from 04-09 only. They only built 16,652 and assembled in the Bowling Green Ky. Corvette plant! The motors are Cadillac NorthStar V-8 4.6 And the V's had 4.4 Turbo Charged. As far as paint color they may look close to the Camaro, but from what I heard, they had their on Cadillac colors for all XLR's and do not think they sprayed these paint colors on any other styled cars!:dunno: On another thought you will not buy a Camaro at $75 - $85,000.00 brand new off the lot! These XLR's are extremely special because of all Cadillac luxury accessories that even the a brand new Corvette did not come with when they where brand new! Only now do a lot of the option come on the newer cars that was on the XLR's when new! My biggest regret on them is the Navigation Systems! When traveling I take along my Garmin, other then that I love :love: my XLR!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Hawkeye:
These XLR's and XLR-V's are built on the Corvette frame from 04-09 only. They only built 16,652 and assembled in the Bowling Green Ky. Corvette plant! The motors are Cadillac NorthStar V-8 4.6 And the V's had 4.4 Turbo Charged. As far as paint color they may look close to the Camaro, but from what I heard, they had their on Cadillac colors for all XLR's and do not think they sprayed these paint colors on any other styled cars!:dunno: On another thought you will not buy a Camaro at $75 - $85,000.00 brand new off the lot! These XLR's are extremely special because of all Cadillac luxury accessories that even the a brand new Corvette did not come with when they where brand new! Only now do a lot of the option come on the newer cars that was on the XLR's when new! My biggest regret on them is the Navigation Systems! When traveling I take along my Garmin, other then that I love :love: my XLR!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Well from a distance that camero looks like the same color. I wasn't really looking for a convertible until feb of next yr. But when my mom called me up and said i better come and look at this at the dealership, i right away got in my honda (that i traded in for the XLR) and ran down. They also had a used VW eos that i was interested in. But It was black and i know that black colors are had to keep clean. plus in florida when it is in the 90's it'll probably feel like over a 100 in the car. (My opinion) I'm glad that i made the right decision in purchasing the "Right" car XLR
After I saw the price of the upgrade on the nav system for the xlr, I'm glad that i have my iphone with the map feature. I would like to get the upgrade eventually but right now my area is still upgrading on new roads. So i'll wait until i can't stand it anymore. anyway the GM website i thought said the nav disks for our cars are o back order till mid dec.

It was 71 here today so Beauty & her big brother went for their first top down cruise together. Like any good big brother, Victor decided to open up his baffles & blew stinky exhaust all over Beauty. :burnout: Guess my lesson is to be the lead dog next time!

It was 71 here today so Beauty & her big brother went for their first top down cruise together. Like any good big brother, Victor decided to open up his baffles & blew stinky exhaust all over Beauty. :burnout: Guess my lesson is to be the lead dog next time!

Not surprised too much about were the nose of the second dog is usually found but for your XLR I am a bit surprised you were that close,,,
Must be one awesome beauty....

Steve

Not surprised too much about were the nose of the second dog is usually found but for your XLR I am a bit surprised you were that close,,,
Must be one awesome beauty....

Steve

Well, drafting is an important skill! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry