Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

The curb alert looks like a nice product. Here is a pretty current discussion on it:

Curb alert review & installation! - Corvette Forum

I have the "Cure for the common curb" which I think is aka "Curb Alert" on my 06 and it works pretty good except when the cement parking blocks are at an angle. Then by the time it gives it's double beep the curb is already under the front of the car.

I've been thinking of installing a second one and move them off center so they will better detect the angled curbs.

Also, welcome to the Forum and wishing you and all the friends and relatives a VERY SAFE AND FUN NEW YEAR. :naughty:

I have the "Cure for the common curb" which I think is aka "Curb Alert" on my 06 and it works pretty good except when the cement parking blocks are at an angle. Then by the time it gives it's double beep the curb is already under the front of the car.

I've been thinking of installing a second one and move them off center so they will better detect the angled curbs.

Also, welcome to the Forum and wishing you and all the friends and relatives a VERY SAFE AND FUN NEW YEAR. :naughty:

Jack, what would be wrong w/ installing it more to the passenger side of the car? Most angle parking would be in that direction, ISTM, and it could be calibrated to sound when the car is fairly close to the curb, but not so close that it would hit the front-center on a straight-in slot.

Do you have the C6 version of the Curb Alert?

Also, could you post a pic' of your trailer hitch? :)

Tim

Curb Alert

Curb Alert Information: Just found on Curb Alert website they are running a :blinzel: Holiday Special 149.95 with Free Shipping Until 1/2/2013. But I notice the mounting position on each car on their website was in the center where on my car the front license plate. He just email me back said it could be mounted below the plate holder on the top of the ledge or directly underneath or certain places on the license plate if placed on in the right direction! Has anyone here found a good mounting place that has this on the car with a license plate on the front? I think I'm going to order myself a delayed present from my Christmas bonus!! :rocker: :biggrinsanta:

Jack, what would be wrong w/ installing it more to the passenger side of the car? Most angle parking would be in that direction, ISTM, and it could be calibrated to sound when the car is fairly close to the curb, but not so close that it would hit the front-center on a straight-in slot.

Do you have the C6 version of the Curb Alert?

Also, could you post a pic' of your trailer hitch? :)

Tim

Hi Tim,
What does ISTM mean?

I hadn't tried mounting it on the passenger side as I was just following the instructions. (I've been told that is why I only have 2 daughters and no sons. I was taught to follow the pattern laid out for me.:chuckle)
I have a front license plate and I mounted it in the center under the lowest part of the bumper, just in front of the rubber air ram.
I have not been able to put pictures on this and the other web site and gave up because I couldn't do it. I will make it my very next project, First New Years Resolution!

Yes, I did use the C6 Corvette unit and Trailer Hitch. The Trailer Hitch is used mainly as a HF Amateur Radio Antenna Mount but I did use it once with a small cargo trailer to haul my replaced broken transmission to a FedEx depot to ship it to the GMPARTSDIRECT transmission rebuilder on the East coast. (Core replacement.)

Hi Tim,
What does ISTM mean?

I hadn't tried mounting it on the passenger side as I was just following the instructions. (I've been told that is why I only have 2 daughters and no sons. I was taught to follow the pattern laid out for me.:chuckle)
I have a front license plate and I mounted it in the center under the lowest part of the bumper, just in front of the rubber air ram.
I have not been able to put pictures on this and the other web site and gave up because I couldn't do it. I will make it my very next project, First New Years Resolution!

Yes, I did use the C6 Corvette unit and Trailer Hitch. The Trailer Hitch is used mainly as a HF Amateur Radio Antenna Mount but I did use it once with a small cargo trailer to haul my replaced broken transmission to a FedEx depot to ship it to the GMPARTSDIRECT transmission rebuilder on the East coast. (Core replacement.)

ISTM ==> It Seems To Me

I also have a front plate, and was wondering how that unit would work in a different position. :confused:

I've never seen a hitch on a new 'Vette, and was wondering how it went on. I take it there's no interference w/ the anti-sway bar???

FWIW, I don't know how to put pic's on this site, either. Have to use words instead. :banghead:

Happy New Year, y'all!!! :party

Tim

Curb Alert Information: Just found on Curb Alert website they are running a :blinzel: Holiday Special 149.95 with Free Shipping Until 1/2/2013. But I notice the mounting position on each car on their website was in the center where on my car the front license plate. He just email me back said it could be mounted below the plate holder on the top of the ledge or directly underneath or certain places on the license plate if placed on in the right direction! Has anyone here found a good mounting place that has this on the car with a license plate on the front? I think I'm going to order myself a delayed present from my Christmas bonus!! :rocker: :biggrinsanta:

NOTE IN HIS EMAIL HE NOTED TO ORDER THE UNIVERSAL UNIT FOR XLR :wave:

Finally finished polishing up Victor-V - going to rename him "Black Demon from Hades" just because of the black paint! I'm the most amateur of detailers & like to shine up cars as an odd hobby, but this was NOT fun. And this black paint was in good shape!

Made a few mistakes in the paint I had to fix :)mad:), then had to start over with some Zaino Z-PC (paint cleaner). Wasn't about to use an orange pad on it with the buffer, tried white based on research - that was a no-go, had micro marring in a test spot. Dropped back to blue & that did ok. A couple of layers of Zaino and he's done for now - nice slick finish but still some fine scratches i can see that I'll work on another day.

I know there's lots of other products that may be better than Zaino, but I'm familiar with it & it fits my motto of "do no harm" (because I'm not good at fixing harm!).

If I ever have to start fresh on another black car, I'm dropping my hobby!

Finally finished polishing up Victor-V - going to rename him "Black Demon from Hades" just because of the black paint! I'm the most amateur of detailers & like to shine up cars as an odd hobby, but this was NOT fun. And this black paint was in good shape!

Made a few mistakes in the paint I had to fix :)mad:), then had to start over with some Zaino Z-PC (paint cleaner). Wasn't about to use an orange pad on it with the buffer, tried white based on research - that was a no-go, had micro marring in a test spot. Dropped back to blue & that did ok. A couple of layers of Zaino and he's done for now - nice slick finish but still some fine scratches i can see that I'll work on another day.

I know there's lots of other products that may be better than Zaino, but I'm familiar with it & it fits my motto of "do no harm" (because I'm not good at fixing harm!).

I guess detailing Elwood next is out of the question.... :blinzel:

I guess detailing Elwood next is out of the question.... :blinzel:

Santa's not going to be bringing you that gift - I don't even want to know what a 150+ mph Texas bug splat looks like!

Santa's not going to be bringing you that gift - I don't even want to know what a 150+ mph Texas bug splat looks like!

Let's just put it this way - the undercoat is white and I've got lots of places showing it! Other than to and from, Texas wasn't that bad; passing cars with sticky tires on the road courses does the worst damage.

Let's just put it this way - the undercoat is white and I've got lots of places showing it! Other than to and from, Texas wasn't that bad; passing cars with sticky tires on the road courses does the worst damage.

Actually, that sounds like a good subject for me to learn how to use a rotary buffer on - I could just burn off the rest of the black paint & leave you with even white undercoat!

Does that mean that under every black XLR, there's a white one waiting to get out?

Pretty nice detailing

Amy might be complaining about black paint but she did a great detailing job on Victor-V. The hood, the trunk and driver's side door speak for itself.

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

Warranty history and vehicle builds

So far I've had my 06 infrared for 3 months almost. (10/4/11). Still have people stare, turn heads and yell wow nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shine. Wish I had that organized garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back