Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

It's a "no-brainer" for me: go with the one that has a built-in beer holder.

:chuckle

Tim

The top one is a little lighter and easier to maneuver. The other is just a little heavier. But the lower one has a table that is joined along with a cooler bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm thinking of going that route. The thing is they are both the same price. If I go with
tajuze9a.jpg
then I don't have to bend over every time I want to pick up my food or a cold beverage from the ground. Also this looks better and more durable.

It's a "no-brainer" for me: go with the one that has a built-in beer holder.

:chuckle

Tim

Yeah I'm thinking of going that route. The thing is they are both the same price. If I go with
tajuze9a.jpg
then I don't have to bend over every time I want to pick up my food or a cold beverage from the ground. Also this looks better and more durable.

Yep... I'd also go with the one with the beer cooler. Saves time and energy...

Hey guys/gals. I think this group was thinking of the xlr before it was even made. It's a 50's group but I think they only produced this song. So check them out on iTunes or whatever music store you have.
e4u4y6yt.jpg

Hey guys/gals. I think this group was thinking of the xlr before it was even made. It's a 50's group but I think they only produced this song. So check them out on iTunes or whatever music store you have.
e4u4y6yt.jpg

My deceased Father-in-Law really liked that song because he owned 'A Little Nash Rambler' during that era. And he said it really went faster in second gear than third.

Last edited:
Well I finally took her out for a quick ride today. Between this crazy winter,all the members posting about being able to enjoy theirs I had to do it. Here in Chicago there's still salt everywhere and the potholes OMG. It's like a mine field and big enough to do some definite damage. But it was delightful. It was the first ride with the new V wheels and non- run flats. It had been awhile but the new shoes feel smooth "I like". I also had been waiting to see how the new CAI I installed felt. I wasn't able to do the test I wanted but it felt pretty good "I like". Now have to wait for the weather to get alittle warmer so I can really enjoy her with the top down. 50 a high at 1 in the afternoon is not top down weather for me. But it felt great to be back with the "x"!:cool:

Ditto...

Well I finally took her out for a quick ride today. Between this crazy winter,all the members posting about being able to enjoy theirs I had to do it. Here in Chicago there's still salt everywhere and the potholes OMG. It's like a mine field and big enough to do some definite damage. But it was delightful. It was the first ride with the new V wheels and non- run flats. It had been awhile but the new shoes feel smooth "I like". I also had been waiting to see how the new CAI I installed felt. I wasn't able to do the test I wanted but it felt pretty good "I like". Now have to wait for the weather to get alittle warmer so I can really enjoy her with the top down. 50 a high at 1 in the afternoon is not top down weather for me. But it felt great to be back with the "x"!:cool:

I'm feeling you 100%... Sunday it was a lot colder than today but I drive "Sparkle" to the shop and had the Magnaflow exhaust installed. Well as you can imagine THAT didn't make putting her away any easier...lol.

Question: Do the non-runflats feel any different? I have new Z06 chrome in the garage and trying to decide whether to chuck the old runflats and do the "Slime spair" kit.

4udu5e5y.jpg

Nice enough weather here in Ohio for a top down quick drive. Sophie loved it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The weather has turned cool, rainy, dreary and just all and all awful. So no top down for me.

I'm feeling you 100%... Sunday it was a lot colder than today but I drive "Sparkle" to the shop and had the Magnaflow exhaust installed. Well as you can imagine THAT didn't make putting her away any easier...lol.

Question: Do the non-runflats feel any different? I have new Z06 chrome in the garage and trying to decide whether to chuck the old runflats and do the "Slime spair" kit.

I really haven't put any mileage on the new tires to give you a good answer. One thing that threw me off for a minute was flat spots in the tires from sitting all winter. It took about 2-3 miles to smooth them out. I was on edge anyway listening for any kind of issues since it was the first time out with some new mods. It felt great though.
As for a slim spare where would you keep it? Maybe do something like the godfather xlr or like the old Lincoln's on the rear bumper:laugh: I actually went with the tire repair kit with a onboard compressor and if all else fails a fix a flat can.
Z06 wheels look great was my first choice. I just wanted to go alittle wider than a 8.5 rim for the rear. I found repro's that came in a 9.5 with rivets around the bead. They look awesome I just didn't want to take the chance of not balancing out.
Just waiting to get the windows tinted. Need time to be able to bring up there to them and sit and watch them so nothing goes wrong. I do not feel comfortable leaving my baby in the hands of anyone. I saw ferris beullers day off. I know beullers probably wrong.

Slime kits....

I really haven't put any mileage on the new tires to give you a good answer. One thing that threw me off for a minute was flat spots in the tires from sitting all winter. It took about 2-3 miles to smooth them out. I was on edge anyway listening for any kind of issues since it was the first time out with some new mods. It felt great though.
As for a slim spare where would you keep it? Maybe do something like the godfather xlr or like the old Lincoln's on the rear bumper:laugh: I actually went with the tire repair kit with a onboard compressor and if all else fails a fix a flat can.
Z06 wheels look great was my first choice. I just wanted to go alittle wider than a 8.5 rim for the rear. I found repro's that came in a 9.5 with rivets around the bead. They look awesome I just didn't want to take the chance of not balancing out.
Just waiting to get the windows tinted. Need time to be able to bring up there to them and sit and watch them so nothing goes wrong. I do not feel comfortable leaving my baby in the hands of anyone. I saw ferris beullers day off. I know beullers probably wrong.

I found the Slime kit at walmart... This particular kit comes in a case thats approx. 14"X 11" X 4" which will fit perfect behind the divider and it includes the compressor, hose, slime flat filler, and repair kit all rolled in (I'll try and post a pic) with all the info. As for the Z06 wheels they actually came staggered but I was a little afraid to change tire sizes due to all the different and sometimes conflicting information about fit so I decided to play it safe and stick to factory measurements, you know? And I'm sitting here laughing at your statement about "Leaving your baby with strangers" I took mine in last week to have the Magnaflow exhaust installed and they told me they'd have to keep it over night, I told them "Nevermind" I'll bring it back first thing in the morning and I'll sit and wait for it.....lol. I'm a firm believer in the Ferris theory....lol.

<tbody>
</tbody>

0071628100615_180X180.jpg Oh and this kit is like $54 bucks...

Yeah one of my first jobs was a car porter for acouple dealerships. It was awesome at a young age. Whenever a vett,camaro,or the new impala at the time would come in on trade or to prep a new one their was a dash to the key box. We would have to go off the property to fuel up. 16,17 yr old with a powerful car that wasn't his "watch out". Lots of fish tailin,and tire smoking if ya know what I mean.
I let my mother and father take my car for a spin when I first got it. My mom ends up drivin and about ten minutes afterwards they come pulling up with my mom having a big grin on her face. I asked her how do you like it? She says laughing"she gets up to 80 real quick" I just laughed and was happy she didn't wrap it around a pole. I know where I got my lead foot.
That's the same concept I went with for the tire repairs. I just have never seen or heard of that "green slime" ever work. I'm in the golf industry and a previous mechanic would put that green slime in lots of tires to try fixing. Not one ever sealed a puncture or even a bead leak. And to see what it did to the rim once u changed the tire. Forget about it! I've used "fix a flat" many times for minor leaks and its worked very well. Now it would definitely be dier straits moment before I would put in the caddy.

Yeah one of my first jobs was a car porter for acouple dealerships. It was awesome at a young age. Whenever a vett,camaro,or the new impala at the time would come in on trade or to prep a new one their was a dash to the key box. We would have to go off the property to fuel up. 16,17 yr old with a powerful car that wasn't his "watch out". Lots of fish tailin,and tire smoking if ya know what I mean.
I let my mother and father take my car for a spin when I first got it. My mom ends up drivin and about ten minutes afterwards they come pulling up with my mom having a big grin on her face. I asked her how do you like it? She says laughing"she gets up to 80 real quick" I just laughed and was happy she didn't wrap it around a pole. I know where I got my lead foot.
That's the same concept I went with for the tire repairs. I just have never seen or heard of that "green slime" ever work. I'm in the golf industry and a previous mechanic would put that green slime in lots of tires to try fixing. Not one ever sealed a puncture or even a bead leak. And to see what it did to the rim once u changed the tire. Forget about it! I've used "fix a flat" many times for minor leaks and its worked very well. Now it would definitely be dier straits moment before I would put in the caddy.

When I was ready for new tires, I didn't even think about anything BUT run flats. I would HATE to see what would happen to either the front or rear end if a tire actually blew on the XLR. I just like the safety aspect of having run-flats. I've driven an XLR with regular tires and then immediately after, mine with run flats. Didn't really notice any appreciable difference...

I had Goodyears on Roxy when I bought her and they weren't run flats and they were a one direction tires, so I put regulars back on her by Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. I truly thought I was in a different car! Even though the old tires had tread yet, they was chopped on the out side tread! I really like how smooth the ride is but honestly can't compare these Michelins to run flats!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Fix a flat loyalist...

Stella I'm with you... I've never used "Green slime" but fix a flat has always been a garage staple for me sence as far back as I can remember. I'm still on the fence about the whole run-flat replacement idea because I have yet to converse with anyone who actually can say there's a noticable difference in ride comfort, grant it the thinner side walls of the regular tires does sound like it should absorb shock a little better BUT I'm thinking making it home safely is a bigger priority for me.... As for the Green slime kit it's the REST of the kit I find extremely useful in our (XLR owners) situations. It's a small well equiped tire repair kit with basically everything you'd need if you have regular tires, you know?

Eslic from what I've read your not to far. Maybe when the weather get alittle better we can meet up. There's acouple of members here that live on the south side and it seems like more and more. What I can say with out a doubt is that run flats are ALOT heavier. And I don't want to jynx myself but I've NEVER had a flat in the twenty years driving. Now I've had a low tire but that's because belts were showing. I've seen tires shred off cars but from I've seen its because the people were driving on a deflated or nearly deflated tire and the rim shreds the tire between it and the road. With a tire monitor system and some common sense you should be well aware of a tire problem before it becomes a nightmare. And if something did happen that's exactly why I pay for insurance.
See ya when the weather breaks.

Looking forward to it...

Eslic from what I've read your not to far. Maybe when the weather get alittle better we can meet up. There's acouple of members here that live on the south side and it seems like more and more. What I can say with out a doubt is that run flats are ALOT heavier. And I don't want to jynx myself but I've NEVER had a flat in the twenty years driving. Now I've had a low tire but that's because belts were showing. I've seen tires shred off cars but from I've seen its because the people were driving on a deflated or nearly deflated tire and the rim shreds the tire between it and the road. With a tire monitor system and some common sense you should be well aware of a tire problem before it becomes a nightmare. And if something did happen that's exactly why I pay for insurance.
See ya when the weather breaks.

That sounds great... I've been dying to connect with my XLR brothers and sister who live locally and distant. (Come on summer time...lol.) And yea, I think I'm leaning more and more to the run-flat stability... Thank you so much for the feedback.

Interesting EBay find

Mike spotted this diecast model on eBay advertised as an XLR. Thought it looked a little off from the pictures, then when we got it found it was maybe an even neater find - a model of the Evoq! Didn't know there were any of those out there. Compared the model to our XLR book and it is spot on, down to "supercharged" on the sides (which I didn't realize the real Evoq had until I looked in the book). It's 1:43 scale & the doors open.

Biggest surprise: the box said it was made for Wal-Mart! :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 219
Mike spotted this diecast model on eBay advertised as an XLR. Thought it looked a little off from the pictures, then when we got it found it was maybe an even neater find - a model of the Evoq! Didn't know there were any of those out there. Compared the model to our XLR book and it is spot on, down to "supercharged" on the sides (which I didn't realize the real Evoq had until I looked in the book). It's 1:43 scale & the doors open.

Biggest surprise: the box said it was made for Wal-Mart! :lol:

Good find. I think I may have seen it, but didn't look close enough to see what it really was.

Great find

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry