Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

You probably got the same response if anyone picked you "intruders" out in the Vette magazine spread on Funfest.

I posted a picture of our XLR onto a corvette forum and did I get slammed!

Tonight quote at a local car show " so what you have there is a rich mans Corvette" .......LOL

"05 GRAND DADDY"

I posted this a few years ago, but it's worth re-posting for our newer members.

I had my XLR at a local car show. A couple, probably in their early 30's, were looking at Crimson Pearl when the lady asked "Aren't these cars more expensive than a Corvette?"

I replied that they were and she then asked "why would anyone pay more for the same basic car?"

I invited her to have a seat in the drivers seat of Crimson Pearl. She got in, looked around and then got out.

"I understand now." she said.

Of course, I also explained to her that the XLR is a retractable, an option not available on the Corvette.

Hey PA XLR Folks
Just found out that it's "The Caddy's come to Hershey PA Show" this Saturday at AACA Museum in Hershey from 9-2
Registration at the show $15
AACA: Antique Auto Museum at Hershey
161 Museum Dr. Hershey, PA 17033
<nobr>(717) 566-7100
The Antique Automobile Club of America Museum ?? Car Museum in Hershey, PA

Just found these 2 pictures from June 2011 from the "Kurzin the Keystone" Event
</nobr> from iphone 002.jpgfrom iphone 003.jpg

I posted a picture of our XLR onto a corvette forum and did I get slammed!

That's a shame! Although I definitely got a "you're not wanted here" vibe at an all makes show sponsored by a Corvette club (sent to park by myself in the middle of nowhere, "forgot" to judge me so my husband had to drag the judge over, etc. etc.). My husband & his F*rd got better treatment than me & my XLR! :( Neither the F*rd nor the XLR have been back to anything sponsored by that club.

Fortunately we've been to shows sponsored by other Corvette clubs that were great to us.

That's a shame! Although I definitely got a "you're not wanted here" vibe at an all makes show sponsored by a Corvette club (sent to park by myself in the middle of nowhere, "forgot" to judge me so my husband had to drag the judge over, etc. etc.). My husband & his F*rd got better treatment than me & my XLR! :( Neither the F*rd nor the XLR have been back to anything sponsored by that club.

Fortunately we've been to shows sponsored by other Corvette clubs that were great to us.

Well the last 2 yrs that the vettes have their vettes at the village. I have emailed the sponsor and they replied back saying other cars were also jade at the corvette plant or bowling green area. They emphasized this is a corvette only show. So this ur I totally stayed home and didn't even walk or drive or there. Last year though I talked with one of the vette owners that had a red color car and he said why don't you bring it up. I told him that I emailed the corvette sponsor/president and the person told me not to bring it out. But I do still attend other car shows around my area. And my garage wall has the proof ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436318068.216804.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much of our XLR's are Corvette under the top body? Other than the engine and maybe the transmission, everything else is C5/C6 Corvette.

It's made in the same plant, out of fiberglass/composite that's thicker than the Vettes. It sure is more unique than a Corvette. You see Corvettes all over the place. It's a thrill to see an XLR in my area. New, even the base model cost more than the Vette and why? Because of all of the extra goodies that we have.

I have to admit my 88 Vette's sport seats are more comfortable that my XLR's but I have the Z51 Coupe model and this year had the most stiff suspension than any other year before or after due to the Corvette Challenge times. If these seats were not as comfortable as they are I'd have to sell the car, my back and butt would not be able to take the ride.

A lot of us here have both, a Vette and an XLR and some have other cars.They're all good and people like us keep our rides in top notch condition and looking better than the day they were taken off of the transport truck and prepped.

Saturday I'm going to attend a cars and coffee in Keizer Oregon, a sub area of Salem Oregon. I've attended one with our Vette and parked next to me were several model's of Ferrari's and I was really surprised my Bright Red was 90% exactly the same color as the Ferrari next to me. The owner asked me if I had repainted my Vette because he notice how much both cars color were the same.

I'll be more than surprised if there will be another XLR there and sitting off to the side it's going to be interesting to see how many come by and inspect the car.

Go to a Corvette meeting/rally/gathering you see a row of the same model's all or most with their hoods open and you see the same looking engine and everything else. I think that's kind of funny.. Hey look...I have an engine that looks just like the other 20 Vettes here. :laugh:

I guess I got onto a Soapbox here so I'll now get off of it. :wave:

How much of our XLR's are Corvette under the top body? Other than the engine and maybe the transmission, everything else is C5/C6 Corvette.

It's made in the same plant, out of fiberglass/composite that's thicker than the Vettes. It sure is more unique than a Corvette. You see Corvettes all over the place. It's a thrill to see an XLR in my area. New, even the base model cost more than the Vette and why? Because of all of the extra goodies that we have.

I have to admit my 88 Vette's sport seats are more comfortable that my XLR's but I have the Z51 Coupe model and this year had the most stiff suspension than any other year before or after due to the Corvette Challenge times. If these seats were not as comfortable as they are I'd have to sell the car, my back and butt would not be able to take the ride.

A lot of us here have both, a Vette and an XLR and some have other cars.They're all good and people like us keep our rides in top notch condition and looking better than the day they were taken off of the transport truck and prepped.

Saturday I'm going to attend a cars and coffee in Keizer Oregon, a sub area of Salem Oregon. I've attended one with our Vette and parked next to me were several model's of Ferrari's and I was really surprised my Bright Red was 90% exactly the same color as the Ferrari next to me. The owner asked me if I had repainted my Vette because he notice how much both cars color were the same.

I'll be more than surprised if there will be another XLR there and sitting off to the side it's going to be interesting to see how many come by and inspect the car.

Go to a Corvette meeting/rally/gathering you see a row of the same model's all or most with their hoods open and you see the same looking engine and everything else. I think that's kind of funny.. Hey look...I have an engine that looks just like the other 20 Vettes here. :laugh:

I guess I got onto a Soapbox here so I'll now get off of it. :wave:

Well that is funny considering that at Mt. Carmel we will have 15+ XLRS They're all the same XLRS-XLR-Vs but now in this particular situation this is considered awesome because there's way more vetted reproduced then our awesome rides!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well that is funny considering that at Mt. Carmel we will have 15+ XLRS They're all the same XLRS-XLR-Vs but now in this particular situation this is considered awesome because there's way more vetted reproduced then our awesome rides!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Ahem, I doubt they will all be the same.

Thought I'd post a pic here for those interested. this October 3rd 2015 will be the 29th annual cruisin to the creek here in st Augustine Florida. The car council is expecting a larger crowd this yr. last year we had around 450 rides of all kinds. First Coast Car Council Jacksonville FL
First Coast Car Council Jacksonville FL
Here you can see the calendar of events and check out more info. Preregistration. It's open to all makes and models. Last year I was the only one (that I know of) representing the Xlr. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437783520.584983.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437783538.798673.jpg the place is along the creek and is very shaded. There will be all sorts of entertainment. So please try and make it out to this fun event

Because I'm easily amused, & because it will probably be a while before I get to the next set of numbers in a row, I thought this was neat to see as I backed out today:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 208
Because I'm easily amused, & because it will probably be a while before I get to the next set of numbers in a row, I thought this was neat to see as I backed out today:

Cool. I'm just close to but still far away from 42000

Lucky you...... I missed the shot, lol but my was double yours 88,888 just a couple of weeks ago!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
V8 Rumble Rules!

Took the XLR out today - I love my CTS with its little V6 & it does everything I need, but there just isn't anything like the sweet rumble of the XLR's V8 with a little Corsa icing on the cake! :)

I'm with you

Took the XLR out today - I love my CTS with its little V6 & it does everything I need, but there just isn't anything like the sweet rumble of the XLR's V8 with a little Corsa icing on the cake! :)

I own a beautiful CTS as well. I told myself the XLR was going to be for weekends and when only the wife and I travel. So far it's been hard not to hop in the XLR and just go. Nothing else like it.

Out for dinner!

It had been a week or two since Crimson Pearl had been out so we took her out to go have dinner tonight.

Of course, zero per cent chance of rain and prior knowledge of the parking lot so I knew where to park to be safe from any door dings.

Nice evening, still a bit warm but not unpleasant.

79 in PHX yesterday,,,,and a perfect 84 projected for today....blue skies w/no clouds....

p z

I see they're predicting 110 in Phoenix for Monday.

But it's a dry heat. :cool:

Last edited:
Close......

I see they're predicting 110 in Phoenix for Monday.

But it's a dry heat. :cool:

For Monday,,,actually 106 predicted,,, but not a dry heat. 4th of July through Labor Day is our Monsoon season = high humidity much like the sweat boxes of N. Carolina, Florida, 'Bama, Georgia, etc etc... but without those nasty mosquitos the size of a dime who drain the blood out of you.

We'll keep the heat,,,you keep the mosquitos and 8 months of humid, body odor, wet underwear stuck in your crack, and clothing sweat rings..... to yourself, lol

It had been a week or two since Crimson Pearl had been out so we took her out to go have dinner tonight.

Of course, zero per cent chance of rain and prior knowledge of the parking lot so I knew where to park to be safe from any door dings.

Nice evening, still a bit warm but not unpleasant.

Funny story to add - Friday evening went to take Roxy out after a 2 week garage stay! The door opens and interior light up, tops already down and had the doors unlocked so jump in, foot on brake, push start, and nothing not even a try! Completely dead! So open hood, go to throw on the charger for a 3 minute boost, awe there's the problem ground post turned by hand, tighten it up, run a boost charge and still nothing. Completely Dead! Huuuum WTH well then a light bulb in the brain goes off where in the hell my fob, up in the bed room, but why was the push button start ring lite............ Come to figure out Wendy standing close enough with her fob but not close enough to start her, anyways grabbed my fob jump in and fired right up! Off to or dinner for beautiful low humidity 84 degrees drive! Sat on the back patio enjoy a beer watching the sunset and then while enjoying the end my Chicken Chesapeake & Fries noticed the Blue Moon coming up over the mountain! And that's life!!! Enjoying it while we can!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
Why?

For Monday,,,actually 106 predicted,,, but not a dry heat. 4th of July through Labor Day is our Monsoon season = high humidity much like the sweat boxes of N. Carolina, Florida, 'Bama, Georgia, etc etc... but without those nasty mosquitos the size of a dime who drain the blood out of you.

We'll keep the heat,,,you keep the mosquitos and 8 months of humid, body odor, wet underwear stuck in your crack, and clothing sweat rings..... to yourself, lol

When discussing the weather, why do you feel it is necessary to hurl insults?

This is the second time you have done it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom