Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

This is a picture of a 79 Dodge Challenger
Thanks for the hints SJP but with some online check it may be a 79 Dodge Challenger

a2ce8c4e64a4c68526def2cf0094568b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multi coats aren't so bad - first year or two we had the base, we put a couple of coats on every time it got washed, since it had been a daily driver and needed some TLC. Since then we put a couple of coats on maybe twice a year, & the V has been on the same schedule after it got buffed out. They stay garaged & we try not to run them in the rain, so the Zaino stays built up. I thought the stuff was a pain to put on until I got the hang of it, now it's not bad at all.

Everyone says Zaino is hard to put on and remove and time consuming. I've been using the stuff since 2007. Using the AIO first on a good non-swirly finish is the key. Then Z-5 with the ZFX Accelerator mix you can put on 3 coats in a 24 hour period. Everytime after that, when you wash your car, you can add more 3 more coats after washing. Once more and all of a sudden you've got 9 coats of Z-5 protecting your finish. Occasional use of CS and Z-6 or Z-8 will only enhance the finish as time goes on.
Everyone that sees my XLR, oops, wife's XLR, in person raves about the paint finish. The secret is thin coats, thin coats, thin coats!

Yes, it's a second generation Dodge Challenger, built by Mitsubishi.

There was a Plymouth version, called the Sapporo.

A friend of mine bought one new back in 1979. It was the first car I ever drove that had electrically adjustable outside rear-view mirrors, a common item now. It was a very nice small car, ran and drove well. His car was silver with the orange, yellow and red multi-colored stripes.

I haven't seen one in 25 years! They have to be pretty rare by now.

I saw it on my way to Mountain City, TN last Friday. We stopped on the way back to have a good look at it.

I also saw a Dodge Rampage on the same trip. Anyone remember it?

Yes, it's a second generation Dodge Challenger, built by Mitsubishi.

There was a Plymouth version, called the Sapporo.

A friend of mine bought one new back in 1979. It was the first car I ever drove that had electrically adjustable outside rear-view mirrors, a common item now. It was a very nice small car, ran and drove well. His car was silver with the orange, yellow and red multi-colored stripes.

I haven't seen one in 25 years! They have to be pretty rare by now.

I saw it on my way to Mountain City, TN last Friday. We stopped on the way back to have a good look at it.

I also saw a Dodge Rampage on the same trip. Anyone remember it?

Yep sure do! That was like a miniature sized truck style like Chevy El Camino which I had a soup up 73 with 350 motor back in the day

Watching velocity Chanel they are airing on Americana about the corvette museum sink hole.

Since we're having a "heat dome," Mike & I decided it would be a good time to put the Xpel headlight protection I got on sale for my XLR a while back. That'll make the heat good for something -- making sure the Xpel seals down on the lights & getting the bubbles out. I decided I'd better get on it since one headlight has a small surface crack that I didn't want to get hit again & maybe go all the way through.

Install went nice & smooth since he'd done it before (the very first time he ever did it was a little rougher). Should have time to get all the bubbles baked out before summer heat leaves us. :wave:

Around the first of the year while looking at Amazon's pages on XLR I stumbled upon a sale on a Husky clear bra kit for less than 20$. The installation was straightforward, and came out looking really good. About two weeks later the Expel headlight kit came up for about 40$ and I got them as well. That stuff is really thick and will probably cushion small rock impacts

Just saw this ad for sale. Contact jerry will trade for truck or classic car. The ad is in the cruisenewsonline.com 2004 Cadillac xlr for $17,500. Looks black.
eefc517be90373d44f2be6b249da785a.jpg

Haven't quite seen this sign combo before - made me laugh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 311
Perfect morning

Watching our two year old grandson who is totally into cars - he would rather watch Velocity Channel than anything on Sprout TV or kids PBS, any type of car race on tv will do, and only wants to play "car" video games. We were in the garage this morning and I took the cover off the front of the XLR. He let out a soft "Wow" and just stood there grinning. It doesn't get much better than that.

Lucky You,,,,

It doesn't get much better than that. :thumbsup

Great,,,,, you are lucky to have a grandson who is into cars!!

My grandson couldn't care less about cars.....he'll be 18 in December and still doesn't have his driver's license. He'd rather play 'war type' video games :(

I should do a DNA test on him, lol

My grandson couldn't care less about cars.....he'll be 18 in December and still doesn't have his driver's license. He'd rather play 'war type' video games :(

I should do a DNA test on him, lol

That generation really worries me. They dont even know what playing outside is.:dunno:

That's why I laugh about Cadillac targeting "millenials" with high tech $60k+ cars & kicking their former customers to the curb. The millenials I have working for me are their perfect target audience as they have advanced professional degrees - & they're drowning in $200k+ of school debt plus they could care less about cars. So they have neither money nor interest in anyone's luxury car offerings.

Watching our two year old grandson who is totally into cars - he would rather watch Velocity Channel than anything on Sprout TV or kids PBS, any type of car race on tv will do, and only wants to play "car" video games. We were in the garage this morning and I took the cover off the front of the XLR. He let out a soft "Wow" and just stood there grinning. It doesn't get much better than that.

You have a WELL raised grandchild!!! Wish you had a picture of that!

I have 3 grandsons and 2 granddaughters, their all bragger's about pappy's Cadillac and younger 3 boys call it Caddy yack.... sounds so cute!

The GreaT One scores again!

I took the GreaT One to a local car show Saturday. I like the car shows at churches, the people are always nice and I always meet new people with simular interests.

There were about 70 cars there. There were a couple of Street Rods, a few antiques, a couple of Rat Rods, a few customs and some nice original muscle cars including mine. There were a lot of resto-mods, they seem to be growing in popularity.

The trophy that I usually aim for is "Best Original". They didn't have a trophy for that. They awarded trophies for "Top 25", Best Interior, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Rat Rod, Best in Class for four classes, pre-1940, 1940-1959, 1960-1979, 1980-1999, Best Late Model, Pastor's Choice and Best in Show.

I won "Pastor's Choice". After the trophies were awarded, the Associate Pastor told me that the Pastor had to leave to perform a wedding, but made his pick before he left. He said that the judges had picked my car for "Best in Class 1960-1979, but the Pastor was adamant that the GreaT One received the "Pastor's Choice" trophy.

It was hot, but it was a good day!

Attachments

• GTO @ CPC 081316 front.jpg
    GTO @ CPC 081316 front.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 215
  • GTO @ CPC 0813 front in a row.jpg
    GTO @ CPC 0813 front in a row.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 192
  • GTO @ CPC 081316 rear.jpg
    GTO @ CPC 081316 rear.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 212
  • GTO @ CPC 081316 front trophy.jpg
    GTO @ CPC 081316 front trophy.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 219
  • GTO @ CPC 081316 front trophy detail.jpg
    GTO @ CPC 081316 front trophy detail.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 226
I took the GreaT One to a local car show Saturday. I like the car shows at churches, the people are always nice and I always meet new people with simular interests.

There were about 70 cars there. There were a couple of Street Rods, a few antiques, a couple of Rat Rods, a few customs and some nice original muscle cars including mine. There were a lot of resto-mods, they seem to be growing in popularity.

The trophy that I usually aim for is "Best Original". They didn't have a trophy for that. They awarded trophies for "Top 25", Best Interior, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Rat Rod, Best in Class for four classes, pre-1940, 1940-1959, 1960-1979, 1980-1999, Best Late Model, Pastor's Choice and Best in Show.

I won "Pastor's Choice". After the trophies were awarded, the Associate Pastor told me that the Pastor had to leave to perform a wedding, but made his pick before he left. He said that the judges had picked my car for "Best in Class 1960-1979, but the Pastor was adamant that the GreaT One received the "Pastor's Choice" trophy.

It was hot, but it was a good day!

It was very hot here in PA also...Congrats on the win!

Went to a reputable interior company the other day. They gave me a written quote for some interior work. The price was Farley reasonable for what I thought. They said they have the leather in stock and looked at their calendar and said they can start on it on Thursday. They specialize in interior, seats headliners and convertible tops. They had a yellow Nissan z that they had the seats custom done. They were black seats with blue inserts.
d099e9a29d0e21b109f2eb4664202343.jpg

Just thought I'd give you a update on this. My mom and I took the Xlr in to sargents upholstery in downtown jax today. After waiting for several hours the car was done by 2 pm. So we left the upholstery place and headed for lunch. After lunch we headed home and was very nervous because of the construction all over. But when I got home I noticed several things that really got me ****ed. Sorry for the language. But I'll just let the pics do the talking.
bcf09fb07a841038c1208c39bfbafbb4.jpg
53932a608ce9c6f1152110618f06c4aa.jpg
fdb574b78e945c2ecffa82e6043a25f2.jpg
bcb9864615694b1e6efbcceeed5ae748.jpg
078196a58c0d3246ba4678aa6988dd33.jpg
187d48e1b9d732c7ce4b24803c9c77fd.jpg
. Very unhappy at their work. They fixed the major discoloration issue. But when they put the seat back. The put the seat on top of the seatbelt connector. I'm pretty sure they forgot to connect the cooling seat wire. Because it partially doesn't cool the seat.
Sincerely very unpleased

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry