Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Now the V is ready for the show this weekend (hood is not closed so it looks a little odd). :rocker:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 218
Now the V is ready for the show this weekend (hood is not closed so it looks a little odd). :rocker:

Lookin classy. Hope they both win an award

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the gremlins are at it again. Took the Xlr in for air in tires and told them to pit stop check her. Then when I started her up again today had this pop up again.
92d7177d7b4058fd4527dc0768e93839.jpg
. When I get home I'm going to check the garage for any leaks

I think the gremlins are at it again. Took the Xlr in for air in tires and told them to pit stop check her. Then when I started her up again today had this pop up again.
92d7177d7b4058fd4527dc0768e93839.jpg
. When I get home I'm going to check the garage for any leaks

Someone just posted about that, I think it was something with the radiator or sensor.

Someone just posted about that, I think it was something with the radiator or sensor.

Yeah ? Ok thanks. I thought it was those tiny gremlins again.

Took it in to dealership. My service advisor told me the 2 mechanics he trust to lift and look at my car were elbow deep in oil. I told him what the Xlr net site ppl said about this problem and he said he could bring in into the shop but my warranty people would have to look at it if it was leaking. I told him I didn't see any puddles on the floor. He also said it would be 48 hrs if he was to call them. But my oil change isn't due for another 1 k miles. So he told me to just keep an eye on it and they will check it then.

Car show judges ensured marital bliss ...

Did the annual Cadillac show today & Mike & I got a big chuckle as we tied for 2d in our class. He said they must have wanted to be sure we didn't fight over who won what! There was a lot more competition than the last time we went, so that was a nice result.

As always, the show was fun & we got some great deals from the auction they had to raise money for the local Cadillac-LaSalle club. Talking to other folks that are into cars is always interesting too. We both chatted for quite a bit with a guy who owns a '93 RX-7 convertible & is considering moving to a XLR. Also had the usual inquiries about whether the cars were in any way for sale....anyway, it was a good time!

What did you get?

This "Cadillac Service" sign (hadn't seen one like it before & the round disk crests are actually magnets), plus 2 Danbury Mint display cases in perfect condition for 1/6 the cost of new. The cases have nice oak backs.

And of course our matched set of 2d Place plaques! We were the only tie they had.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 155
Just got a call from my paint and repair place. If you don't know what happened to my ride. The reason is probably back in this thread somewhere. But long story short. Had my seats redone and the upholstery place messed up the trim. So the paint place called and gave me a update. The body work is done. But the Xlr kick plate wasn't save able. I asked them how damage able was it. They said it rolled up as they were taking it apart. I asked if it was still around if they could put it in the trunk so I could see it. The guy said if he could find it he would do that. I also told him these parts are getting scarce now. This simple upholstery work is turning out to be one big headache. But hey I'm not paying for the repaint. Estimated timeframe is now Tuesday maybe Monday of getting it back. [emoji20]

Just got a call from my paint and repair place. If you don't know what happened to my ride. The reason is probably back in this thread somewhere. But long story short. Had my seats redone and the upholstery place messed up the trim. So the paint place called and gave me a update. The body work is done. But the Xlr kick plate wasn't save able. I asked them how damage able was it. They said it rolled up as they were taking it apart. I asked if it was still around if they could put it in the trunk so I could see it. The guy said if he could find it he would do that. I also told him these parts are getting scarce now. This simple upholstery work is turning out to be one big headache. But hey I'm not paying for the repaint. Estimated timeframe is now Tuesday maybe Monday of getting it back. [emoji20]

Sometimes little things turn into big things

This "Cadillac Service" sign (hadn't seen one like it before & the round disk crests are actually magnets), plus 2 Danbury Mint display cases in perfect condition for 1/6 the cost of new. The cases have nice oak backs.

And of course our matched set of 2d Place plaques! We were the only tie they had.

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Sometimes little things turn into big things

One big headache [emoji33][emoji22][emoji856][emoji855]

Finally got the car back. The invoice said $748.39. The shop had to replace front scuff plate $178.75 and Xlr name plate $103.35. So all said and done. The Xlr is back in my possession. 4 days promised but the service guy called and explained situation so 7 days back to me. The only bad thing was because of my pedal adaptions I can only drive this car that is adapted. So it kept me sitting at home. But not totally out of commission.

I'm noticing a slight haze/fogging that just started appearing on my drivers side mirror. I don't think it's temp related because it's been hot and humid and my garage isn't air conditioned. It's like the defrost is on but it's not. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Is anyone else having or had a problem with their inside trunk closure button ? My casing just started falling out so now I have to start the car up and hit the top down button to shut the trunk.

Is anyone else having or had a problem with their inside trunk closure button ? My casing just started falling out so now I have to start the car up and hit the top down button to shut the trunk.

I've had mine out before I think if I remember, it's held in with 2 plastic side clips maybe one side broke or needs pushed back up in. You can probably order that switch for couple of bucks, it's only a plug in wire connector on the back inside and slides up in the hole. But the fuse should probably be pulled while trunk is open, when changing in case you push the button by accident it would close while trying to installing the switch!

I've had mine out before I think if I remember, it's held in with 2 plastic side clips maybe one side broke or needs pushed back up in. You can probably order that switch for couple of bucks, it's only a plug in wire connector on the back inside and slides up in the hole. But the fuse should probably be pulled while trunk is open, when changing in case you push the button by accident it would close while trying to installing the switch!

Thanks. I first noticed it when I picked up the car from the repair shop. Then today when I was leaving the store.

I'm noticing a slight haze/fogging that just started appearing on my drivers side mirror. I don't think it's temp related because it's been hot and humid and my garage isn't air conditioned. It's like the defrost is on but it's not. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Greetings Hawkeye372 I have not had a problem with the XLR but with my Eldro. My mirror turned foggy then gold color when the seal in the mirror broke. Do not hit mirror with a hard water spray... Carwash? hand carwash, etc. Good luck...:(

Thanks for the info ol timr

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry