WoodwardDreamCruise08462.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08466.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08412.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08340.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08133.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08035.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08029.jpg

WoodwardDreamCruise08037-1.jpg

These pictures are from our trip this past August. They give you an idea of what all there is to do and see for our '09 trip.

Bruce

Kathy and I (and maybe photo mom) are looking into driving up to Detroit, MI for the Woodward Dream Cruise. It is an awesome event that must be seen in person to believe.

Our plans are to drive Friday evening August 14th and return home on Sunday the 16th. If anyone would like to join us, it would be great. We are looking into hotels (we have found a Hampton in Warren, MI that has rooms).

I have contacted our friend Ron, and he may be able to get us a tour of Katech on Saturday. More info soon,

Bruce :D

My wallet hates you - I know that will be another fun trip. Maybe I'll stop by for a day - I'd LOVE to go to Katech.

We try and keep you broke and busy.:lol:
I hope you can join us. We will be staying right by the GM Tech Center, great photo op.

Bruce :wave:

Hey guys, glad you will be making the trip. We will be staying at the same hotel as last year(Holiday Inn Birmingham) Give us a call when you arrive so we can hook up. I'd love to visit Katech also. If you need the cell number I can email it to you.

Eddie

Eddie, I will check and make sure I have your #. It will be great to see you again. We should be able to go to Katech on Saturday morning. Ron will let me know for sure as it gets closer. Mike and Diana and Ernie and Tracey should be staying there with you again this year.

I'd love to get back for the dream cruise one year, looks like you guys had a fantastic time, and got in some great places. Have a great time this year guys!
Bruce

I've never been to the Woodward Dream Cruise, but I sure enjoyed the photos from last year that Bruce and Kathy gave me. How can a gathering of people who love cars as much as the people who attend this event seem to not be fun?

I'd love to get back for the dream cruise one year, looks like you guys had a fantastic time, and got in some great places. Have a great time this year guys!
Bruce

Have you been before?

Last year's trip was very special. For Kathy and I it was one of the greatest trips ever, car lover heaven. We were allowed to tour the GM Heritage Center. We had the whole place to ourselves. What awesome vehicles. Finally getting into Pratt & Miller to see where the Corvette & Cadillac race cars are built, it doesn't get any better. Touring the Wixom Build Center where the performance engines are assembled. Touring the Ren Center and downtown Detroit. Then on top of that you have all of these incredible cars cruising up and down Woodward past our hotel every day. But what made it so special for us was the group of people that we were with, the best bunch of friends there is! :worship: Man, we had a ball!

Woodward Dream Cruise

So, who all is planning to go to this wonderful event?
I have reservations at the Hampton in Warren for Friday and Saturday night. I plan to drive up Friday during the day and drive back Sunday whenever the gang decides it's time to leave. I hope there will be some surprises. MMs ? :dunno:

great minds

So, who all is planning to go to this wonderful event?
I have reservations at the Hampton in Warren for Friday and Saturday night. I plan to drive up Friday during the day and drive back Sunday whenever the gang decides it's time to leave. I hope there will be some surprises. MMs ? :dunno:

George, I was just wondering who all was going. Dave Harrower was talking about it on Saturday @ the track, so maybe he will join us. I know Eddie (estang) will be there from RI. It would be great to have Marc & Kris & Cubby & Supa join us. Maybe even Larry & Nate could make the trip.

We are driving up Friday evening after work and leaving on Sunday morning.

I spoke with Ron this morning, and we are on for the tour @ Katech on Saturday morning for those that would like to attend. I would think 9:00 am would be a good time for the tour.

Plan on doing a lot of walking. I need to check the weather.

Bruce :rocker:

Yay! I'll be with you on the Katech tour!!!

I'm also planning on arriving Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. My roomie CornDog and I are sharing a room.

Does anyone have any interest in Greenfield Village or the Henry Ford Museum... maybe on Sunday? They have an exhibit called Rock Stars' Cars & Guitars, including Roy Orbison's 1967 Sting ray, ZZ Tops 1933 Ford Coupe "Eliminator", Sheryl Crowe's 1968 Mustang, and a 1973 Custom ElDorado Coupe built for Elvis. http://www.thehenryford.org/exhibits/rockstars/index.html

I think the weather is supposed to be good - mid 80's with little chance of rain.

Yay! I'll be with you on the Katech tour!!!

I'm also planning on arriving Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. My roomie CornDog and I are sharing a room.

Does anyone have any interest in Greenfield Village or the Henry Ford Museum... maybe on Sunday? They have an exhibit called Rock Stars' Cars & Guitars, including Roy Orbison's 1967 Sting ray, ZZ Tops 1933 Ford Coupe "Eliminator", Sheryl Crowe's 1968 Mustang, and a 1973 Custom ElDorado Coupe built for Elvis. http://www.thehenryford.org/exhibits/rockstars/index.html

I think the weather is supposed to be good - mid 80's with little chance of rain.

The Henry Ford Museum is a good idea. It is a great museum to visit. We might be able to fit it in on Sunday.

We can rest when we are dead.:lol:

Bruce :)

George, I was just wondering who all was going. Dave Harrower was talking about it on Saturday @ the track, so maybe he will join us. I know Eddie (estang) will be there from RI. It would be great to have Marc & Kris & Cubby & Supa join us. Maybe even Larry & Nate could make the trip.

We are driving up Friday evening after work and leaving on Sunday morning.

I spoke with Ron this morning, and we are on for the tour @ Katech on Saturday morning for those that would like to attend. I would think 9:00 am would be a good time for the tour.

Plan on doing a lot of walking. I need to check the weather.

Bruce :rocker:
Bad news Cubby and I won't be able to make it. Retirement party that I RSVPd for a long time ago, can't back out of that. Sorry guys. Have fun without us. :(

Supa & I can't back out of the retirement party because it's for a Fireman friend of ours--you know how much SHE likes firemen!!!! Have a great time.:wave::wave:

Bad news Cubby and I won't be able to make it. Retirement party that I RSVPd for a long time ago, can't back out of that. Sorry guys. Have fun without us. :(

We'll miss you, but we know how you feel about firemen! :chuckle:laugh::chuckle

Weather for Detroit: ZERO % chance of precipitation!

Today
Aug 13
Details
30.gif
Partly Cloudy Hi: 82° Lo: 64°
Day: Partly Cloudy. High 82F. Winds E at 3 mph. Air Quality: Moderate, UV Index: 8
Night: Fair. Low 64F. Light winds.

Tomorrow
Aug 14
Details
30.gif
Partly Cloudy Hi: 87° Lo: 69°
Day: Partly Cloudy. High 87F. Light winds. Air Quality: Moderate, UV Index: 8
Night: Partly Cloudy. Low 69F. Winds SE at 5 mph.

Saturday
Aug 15
30.gif
Partly Cloudy Hi: 87° Lo: 66°
Partly Cloudy. High 87F. Winds SE at 6 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8

Sunday
Aug 16
34.gif
Mostly Sunny Hi: 88° Lo: 70°
Mostly Sunny. High 88F and low 70F. Winds SW at 6 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom