Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driving to the XLR Homecoming 2013

I have an idea, it will be interesting to note how many miles everyone traveled to attend as a group and for that matter who is the longest distance and the shortest distance to the event. If everyone clears one of their trip meters on their car before they pull out of their driveway we can compile all of that info when we get there. I can print a sign that we can post at the event: This collective group of Cadillac XLR's traveled a combined XX,XXX miles to attend this Homecoming Event and Car Show! :burnout:

I think this would be interesting, count me in!

Google Maps estimates my trip @ 421 miles.

3 hours??!! Is that in Canadian time? :chuckle I'm not driving a tractor. I plan on leaving around 9 and arriving around 10:30. 10:45 if I'm drinking coffee :)

HUMMMMMM: 204 miles, in 1 1/2 hours = 130 to 140 mph! Who are you? Mario Andretti or Harrisburg Hat with your Get-Outa-Jail-Free tokens? :chuckle

HUMMMMMM: 204 miles, in 1 1/2 hours = 130 to 140 mph! Who are you? Mario Andretti or Harrisburg Hat with your Get-Outa-Jail-Free tokens? :chuckle

That would be 2 1/2 hours. It is eastern time at home and central time in Bowling Green. :) Averaging somewhere around 83-84.

That would be 2 1/2 hours. It is eastern time at home and central time in Bowling Green. :) Averaging somewhere

around 83-84.

Oh ya: that pesky time zone thing :blinzel: I was worried we would all have to visit you in jail for excessive speeding :willy_nilly: :burnout:

I can tell you that as the crow flies WB6BBZ has the longer drive with him being in Lawndale and I'm a hundred miles further east in Palm Desert. But, I will be attending my 50th Reunion in Michigan first. Then we will visit friends in PA. We then plan to drive the Skyline Drive through Shenandoah NP and on through the Blue Ridge Parkway To Asheville, NC. Then it on up through Cherokee, NC on through the Great Smokey NP to Pigeon Forge, TN and on to Bowling Green, KY. My trip planner shows this to be a total of 3,551.7 miles give or take a few hundred yards. Am I crazy or what?:dunno:

Where are PA friends we are in S. Central 20 minutes S. of Gettysburg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Our drive down to BG KY plans!

coming from RI to arriving thurs. after noon. could maybe hookup w/ victor v. I could meet victor v in va and we could meet you in pa.?? just my idea? you or victor v can let me know.

Hi Al I apologize for the delay I actually sent a reply on my iPhone the other day but don't it see here :dunno: so I must not of hit the send button. We are leaving our home in Littlestown PA Wednesday morning to start our trip down, we booked a room at Hampton Inn Huntington/Barboursville (see info below) for Wednesday night. I checked drive time non stop to the BG KY. to the Hilton Hotel and it was 10 1/2 hours and since we want to arrive early Thursday afternoon we decide to go this route. According to Google maps it should be approximately 6 Hours using I-68 W to I-79 S And it's only another 4 1/2 hours then on Thursday checked on using I-81 it was 1 hour longer. Victor V and wife ( Believe they are still bringing both XLR's) are coming up to I-81 and spending the night in small town right off of 81 at 64 think it was Lexington VA. Then I think they was planning to trip across some back roads to I-64 into Lexington KY. I believe this was his plan not sure though! If we time it right and Victor V is still planning on come over to I-64 we may be able to meet up somewhere along I-64 and roll into to BG as group that way! :dunno: Don't know "Just Saying". So this what our plans our if you want to tag along! REMINDER: We will gain an hour on Thursday going down as Ky. is 1 hour behind PA time! FYI: We are going to Nashville on Sunday so we are head back on Sunday! You can PM me if need too! :wave: Have a wonderful day! :cool:
Placement on map is approximate
Hampton Inn Huntington/Barboursville 1 Cracker Barrel Drive
Barboursville, WV 25504

Get directions

(304) 733-5300

hilton.com

Here's a little FWI I've learned when going on long trips alone in our XLRs.

I only pack 3 changes of clothing, including what I'm wearing so I can carry them in my passenger side if there isn't enough room in the trunk with the top down. That way, I wash two sets every second day of the trip as most of the hotels/motels have laundries for their guests and it also gives me something to do instead of sitting in my room alone.
That way, I can drive TOPLESS, if the weather permits.

I have a very well endowed lady friend that wants to go on a short trip in the XLR, double topless (with pasties). :) :cool: ;)

Mileage placards

Sandy, I like your idea of keeping track of the mileage for each of us to drive to BG. This idea crossed my mind the other day.

You are good at design. Why not design a small placard, about 1/2 page size, that says "This XLR traveled _____ miles to get here". Each of us will fill in the actual mileage for our trip and display this placard on the dash at the car show on Saturday.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about this!

Sandy, I like your idea of keeping track of the mileage for each of us to drive to BG. This idea crossed my mind the other day.

You are good at design. Why not design a small placard, about 1/2 page size, that says "This XLR traveled _____ miles to get here". Each of us will fill in the actual mileage for our trip and display this placard on the dash at the car show on Saturday.

That's a really good idea, I like it.:patriot:

How is this? I thought I was designing 1/2 pg: each side would be 1/4 pg but I actually designed it half that size but it actually looks good that small. We really dont want something too obvious to take away from the car. The overall size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" then folded in half. See if you can save it and print it in actual size and see what you think? It will take me no time to change it but this is actually a good size, plus I will have to print 30 or so of these and bring them etc. It may be nicest if we sit them on the arm rest/console and not on the dash (all those little white cards on everyones dash) so maybe larger wuld be better? Your idea, you decide!

Attachments

• Distance travelled Postcard1.jpg
    Distance travelled Postcard1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 236
So it would be folded in half would end up being about business card size?
I think that would be about a perfect size!

Thanks Dan Gouker

So it would be folded in half would end up being about business card size?
I think that would be about a perfect size!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Actually a fair bit bigger, business cards are 2" x 3 1/2", one side, (folded size) of this is 2 3/4" X 4 1/4"

Actually a fair bit bigger, business cards are 2" x 3 1/2", one side, (folded size) of this is 2 3/4" X 4 1/4"

Still seems to be ok I'd think anyway! Just my opinion!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Sandy,

Before you go printing these up, there is only one L in traveled.

Sandy,

Before you go printing these up, there is only one L in traveled.

Cubby, when I first saw the really nice placard that Sandy designed, I had the same thought that you did!

But there was something in the back in my mind that keep saying "maybe not".

So I did some research and found this : Traveled/traveling vs. travelled/travelling - Grammarist

So, as it turns out, Sandy is correct for where she lives, and you are correct for where we are going!

I haven't had a chance to go to my office and print one up, but from what I can see, this design will work GREAT!

Thanks SANDY! :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back