Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driving to the XLR Homecoming 2013

Sandy,

Before you go printing these up, there is only one L in traveled.

I saw your reply in my email in box and thought....really? :confused: My spell check liked it.......so I got out my Collins Dictionary (Canadian Edition) and it says: travelled or US traveled..adj..having experienced or undergone much travelling.

So you see: you are smart for you and I am smart for me but Crimson Pearl - who appears to be far more travelled (or traveled) than us - is smart for both of us! :blinzel:

Since we well travelled Canadians are not only attending a show in the USA - we are also far outnumbered by our well traveled American friends :patriot:, I will go with the flow and change that!

Thanks Cubby and Crimson Pearl for helping in our clubs education!
I am learn something new everyday! :D

What if we just changed it to, "this XLR flew" or "this XLR sped" xxxx miles? :lol: Unless those things get spelled flue & spid somewhere ....

What if we just changed it to, "this XLR flew" or "this XLR sped" xxxx miles? :lol: Unless those things get spelled flue & spid somewhere ....

Hey, I could print them in any colour you like....oops color, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In retrospect, instead of traveled: drove or cruised or cruzed

Ugg still trying to get used to the update of tapatalk. But in regards to this topic. How about a banner saying "here are the xlrs that have returned to their birth place"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ugg still trying to get used to the update of tapatalk. But in regards to this topic. How about a banner saying "here are the xlrs that have returned to their birth place"

I think that this is a good idea, we just need to decide how best to incorporate it.

I printed out Sandy's placard, it's a good size and looks great. It would look even better if I printed it out on glossy photo paper.

Now, perhaps we could combine hawkeye372's idea with Sandy's design?

Something like "This Cadillac XLR traveled xxx miles to pay a visit to its birthplace".

Or perhaps we could add a line at the bottom that says something like "Cadillac XLR : Proudly built at Bowling Green Assembly". Or even "Cadillac XLR : Hand-built at Bowling Green Assembly".

I definitely think it would be a bonus to somehow mention that the XLR was built in Bowling Green. After all, we have to let the Corvette fans know that Bowling Green assembly is our home too!

Sandy, what do you think?

I like that idea. This xlr traveled xx miles to return home to its birthplace.
I agree with we need to mention that the bg is the place where our Xlr is hand built.

This 200(4-9) XLR has cruised/ zoomed/ traveled _________ miles from ____ (area)___ to Bowling Green Ky. Where they were proudly hand built with pride!
Just an ideal??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

I agree :cool:

This 200(4-9) XLR has cruised/ zoomed/ traveled _________ miles from ____ (area)___ to Bowling Green Ky. Where they were proudly hand built with pride!
Just an ideal??

Thanks Dan Gouker

Or something like this. This 200(4-9) XLR has cruised/ zoomed/ traveled/burned rubber _________ miles from ____ (area)___ to Bowling Green Ky. Where they were proudly hand built with pride!

Adding burned rubber trying to get here to bg

Or something like this. This 200(4-9) XLR has cruised/ zoomed/ traveled/burned rubber _________ miles from ____ (area)___ to Bowling Green Ky. Where they were proudly hand built with pride!

Adding burned rubber trying to get here to bg

Even though I'm not attending this event, I have to give my 2 cents worth. The wording, "Where they were proudly hand built with pride." is somewhat redundant. It should either read, "Where they were proudly hand built" or "Where they were hand built with pride".

Yes I 2have put my 2 cents in and am sad to say I will not be attending. But my spirit will attend since my body will be on a cruise out if the country.

What ever sounds good is fine with me, like I said just A ideal guys!!

Thanks Dan Gouker

There always seems to be someone around who just can't help himself and feels compelled to correct misspellings. In this case, it's I. (My 5th grade teacher would be so proud.) The only reason I'm pointing this out is that this phrase is intended to be shown. The possessive form of "its" has no apostrophe. Make it, "... a visit to its birthplace." and it'll be fine, even in Canada. :laugh:

Tim

<snip>

Something like "This Cadillac XLR traveled xxx miles to pay a visit to it's birthplace".

<snip>

Well, this idea has been here to be "aired out" for a bit, and here is how I see it.

The original design by Sandy was clean and elegant. I'd like to stick to it, with the addition of the information to inform some and remind others that the XLR was built at Bowling Green Assembly.

So here is my suggestion.

The original design by Sandy with the American spelling of "traveled".

Add to the bottom this line : "Hand-built with pride at Bowling Green Assembly".

Sandy, could you show us this design?

caravan to BG

To let everyone know,we will be staying wed. nt. in Huntington/bourbourville, w va. w/grand daddy caddy and victor v.then on to BG together thurs. morning. anyone is welcome to join us wed. night. pm me for hotel info.:party

Miles Driven to Attend the Homecoming

I have an idea, it will be interesting to note how many miles everyone traveled to attend as a group and for that matter who is the longest distance and the shortest distance to the event. If everyone clears one of their trip meters on their car before they pull out of their driveway we can compile all of that info when we get there. I can print a sign that we can post at the event: This collective group of Cadillac XLR's traveled a combined XX,XXX miles to attend this Homecoming Event and Car Show! :burnout:
Hey, what's the story with the trip odometer? I am driving thru IL and my trip odometer was reading 1995. We stopped at a rest area for a break and I noticed that the A and B trip odometers were reading 6.5 miles. Does anyone know if the odometer resets after it reaches 2000 miles or what?

Poltergeist Odometer

Patrick, mine has done a couple of "mystery resets", too. I can't associate that with any particular event. Just shows that the car has a "mind of its own" sometimes, eh?

Hope you have a safe [long] trip.

Tim

Hey, what's the story with the trip odometer? I am driving thru IL and my trip odometer was reading 1995. We stopped at a rest area for a break and I noticed that the A and B trip odometers were reading 6.5 miles. Does anyone know if the odometer resets after it reaches 2000 miles or what?

Patrick, mine has done a couple of "mystery resets", too. I can't associate that with any particular event. Just shows that the car has a "mind of its own" sometimes, eh?

Hope you have a safe [long] trip.

Tim

Speaking of ghosts or mid of its own, when i went to start mine up today. My nav decided to open up and eject the disk? :dunno: So i guess we are all having little gremlins or my baby doesn't want me to leave her for such a long time :dunno:

My headlights stayed on while driving yesterday set on automatic and it was bright sunny day too!
You all know HALLOWEEN just around the corner right!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back