Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Dumb rear carpet and mirror question

Fzjadam

Months ago I took the carpet out of the trunk until I had my leak fixed. Yesterday I was putting it back in when I realized I don’t remember exactly where the hooks go that hold the mesh behind the seat in place. I thought with the top folding up I should make sure this is attached correctly. Anyone have pics or will someone take pics so I won’t put this back together incorrectly?
Second question is regarding removal/repair of the windshield mirror on an 05. I’ve seen 2 different methods online and I assume the 06-09 is like the C6 while the 04-05 is completely different...correct?

Months ago I took the carpet out of the trunk until I had my leak fixed. Yesterday I was putting it back in when I realized I don’t remember exactly where the hooks go that hold the mesh behind the seat in place. I thought with the top folding up I should make sure this is attached correctly. Anyone have pics or will someone take pics so I won’t put this back together incorrectly?
Second question is regarding removal/repair of the windshield mirror on an 05. I’ve seen 2 different methods online and I assume the 06-09 is like the C6 while the 04-05 is completely different...correct?
Got the mirror off and took a pic. It looks nothing like what I keep finding for how to repair. Looks like 2 tabs are broken. Anyone have any experience fixing this? Do I have to buy another mirror? Looks one of those is like $400.

Pics

Attachments

• B6700ABF-62F0-467E-82B6-DCE21C65157E.jpeg
    B6700ABF-62F0-467E-82B6-DCE21C65157E.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 170

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC