Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Early XLRs

Priscilla

Well looks like Priscilla will be all mine come Friday, Sweet Ride, thanks JROB and Debra for keeping it so nice.:cool:

JRob, we're gonna miss you.....:burnout:

I still owe you a drink... maybe next time we're in your neck of the woods.:D

I don't know about the top but one day I had to reprogram the windows. A simple procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looks like Priscilla will be all mine come Friday, Sweet Ride, thanks JROB and Debra for keeping it so nice.:cool:

Kenny. You are getting a great ride. Hope you keep her as sparkling clean and well maintained as jrob has

JRob, we're gonna miss you.....:burnout:

I still owe you a drink... maybe next time we're in your neck of the woods.:D

Thank you, Gizmo....I will have another some day just need to make some room in the garage & driveway.

It was great meeting you & Elaine last night. I have no doubt the XLR is going to another good home and will be taken care of. I hope you put a ton of miles on her!
u9udesa4.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a photo of my 2005 XLR up yet... but just wanted to mention what I did about the water in the electronics box in the trunk. I had water up half way and certain electronics weren't working any more. After I drained the water out, and everything dried up and started working again, I just drilled a few holes in the bottom of the box (on both sides), so if water enters from any leaks into the box... it just goes down the drain holes :lol:

Sorry, I don't have a photo of my 2005 XLR up yet... but just wanted to mention what I did about the water in the electronics box in the trunk. I had water up half way and certain electronics weren't working any more. After I drained the water out, and everything dried up and started working again, I just drilled a few holes in the bottom of the box (on both sides), so if water enters from any leaks into the box... it just goes down the drain holes :lol:

I had the same problem but not that bad. I have a 06 infrared and after a big rain storm a couple yrs ago, I noticed my trunk floor was moist. So I ran it down to my local dealer right away. They put a new weatherstrip seal around the trunk area. After 3 x of both dealer and myself being stumped, and $1100 out of pocket. They couldn't find the leak. So they put a small service guy in the trunk and right away they found it. He ended up coming out of the trunk soaked. Still to this day after a heavy rain. I pull in garage and check for moisture.
I think for the 06 and later models they realized mistake and pre drill holes for the drivers side well.

I live in the North West ...up in Canada... and it rains all the time... I think I should get a little service guy to stay in my trunk full time!..lol.. It is never without moisture, except June thru August... I think these cars were made for the 'sunshine' states.... but I'm not complaining, I have had my XLR for 10 years and I love it!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom