Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Garage Pictures.

SilverX

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Light Platinum XLR
I may have missed something but I don't understand why some member's garage pictures are absolutely beautiful while others are grainy or distorded some. Mine look resonably OK on my computer but the result as posted on the site look bad like several other members. A larger or higher quality picture would exceed the upload limit... :squint:

Please, what's the trick? :dunno:

SilverX :cool:

I may have missed something but I don't understand why some member's garage pictures are absolutely beautiful while others are grainy or distorded some. Mine look resonably OK on my computer but the result as posted on the site look bad like several other members. A larger or higher quality picture would exceed the upload limit... :squint:

Please, what's the trick? :dunno:

SilverX :cool:
The software automatically resizes the photos in order to fit in with the design of the site.

How big is/are the pictures that are getting distorted?

I uploaded pictures that are below the limit of 122K. They all turned out grainy. I could not see a way to use a web link for the garage. Is there such an option?

SilverX

HQ pictures

My experience with posting pictures is you should start with a high quality picture first. One mega pixel or more. Then resize that picture. But when starting with a low pixel (email) or lowest setting on a camera, then resizing that picture will result in a grainy image, or small image. The pictures I took of my car was with a very cheap camera, but with a high pixel setting. Hope this helps. :) This is a low quality picture with low pixels. You can't see the sweat on my forehead. On the other hand, you can see the crack in this window from a great distance in this HQ photo.
52bluecat.jpg
Crackinwindow-1.jpg

Great picture! :eek:)

Well, I started with 3 Mb pictures (very good quality) then shrunk them to be slightly below the max of 122k (lower quality for sure but still not very bad), but once uploaded and displayed by the website they are not even close to the shrunk pictures.

Anyway. no big deal, I don't loose sleep over it. It's just something that I think could be improved.

SilverX

My experience with posting pictures is you should start with a high quality picture first. One mega pixel or more. Then resize that picture. But when starting with a low pixel (email) or lowest setting on a camera, then resizing that picture will result in a grainy image, or small image. The pictures I took of my car was with a very cheap camera, but with a high pixel setting. Hope this helps. :) This is a low quality picture with low pixels. You can't see the sweat on my forehead. On the other hand, you can see the crack in this window from a great distance in this HQ photo.
52bluecat.jpg
Crackinwindow-1.jpg
Galen .... you are so bad. :reddevil:chuckle

52bluecat.jpg
Crackinwindow-1.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry