Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

God Bless Our Military

Great Video!!

This should be McCain's main commercial, run every hour of the day!!!

Thanks Marion

I thought some of you might appreciate this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Thanks Marion for posting this video, it is fantastic and I appreciate it very much. I am so thankful my grandson came back all together, my family has always contributed, five direct ancestors in the Revolutionary War, My father was in the Navy, WWI, my Brother in the Army WWII and Korean, I was in the Army, Korean, my Sister in the Airforce Vietnam Flight Nurse (MAJOR) and now my Grandson in the Marines, guess we kinda represented all of the various branches of the military except the Coast Guard but my Grand Nephews wife is in the Coast Guard. First Robin:patriot:

I thought some of you might appreciate this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Thank you, this is great, and it really hits home. I had ancestors on both sides in the Civil War, lost an uncle in WWII, died before I was born, ex-husband, brother, and four cousins in the army all at the same time, Viet Nam, Korea & Okinawa (I live there for 18 months) We need to be behind our guys 100% :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Thank you, this is great, and it really hits home. I had ancestors on both sides in the Civil War, lost an uncle in WWII, died before I was born, ex-husband, brother, and four cousins in the army all at the same time, Viet Nam, Korea & Okinawa (I live there for 18 months) We need to be behind our guys 100% :patriot::patriot::patriot:

PD,

I agree with you 100%; no matter what anyones stance is our military needs 100% support. They are defending our freedom and rights to be able to have the opinion one may have. All military personel, past, present and future deserve our respect and support.:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Do we have any veterans on the forum?

I know we have at the least 3 active members :patriot::patriot::patriot:.

The Detail Guy took his Basic Training at Ft. Lewis, WA and then served 6 years in the National Guard - and was a rookie cop at the same time ... We are huge flag-wavers! :patriot:

Vet

United States Army Signal Corps: December 10, 1953 - December 9, 1955 Active Duty
December 10, 1955 -December 9, 1956 Active Reserves. Plus 5 years in the inactive reserves. (8 years total) Basic Training Fort Leonardwood, Missouri (Hell Hole) Signal School Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia. Permanent Station, Red River Arsenal, New Boston, Texas. First Robin:patriot:

Do we have any veterans on the forum?

I know we have at the least 3 active members :patriot::patriot::patriot:.

The Detail Guy took his Basic Training at Ft. Lewis, WA and then served 6 years in the National Guard - and was a rookie cop at the same time ... We are huge flag-wavers! :patriot:

I'm a retired Navy Commander (O-5), the son of a Navy Chief (E-7). God bless America!!!

Darrell

I love Navy men ..... ;);) My brother was a sailor in the early 60's ... part of the crew of the USS Bonhomme Richard ...

Anchor's Aweigh! :patriot:

P.S. Okay ... I love all men! :chuckle

I love Navy men ..... ;);) My brother was a sailor in the early 60's ... part of the crew of the USS Bonhomme Richard ...

We still haven't heard the story of the new monicker, better be careful there Ruthie!!!!!:rocker::chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:First Robin:patriot: Oh yes, remember you are going to teach me how to :partyat San Antonio RIV

I am currently a LT(O-3) in the Navy - presently in Omaha, however that is soon to change. I have about 8 years in and 12 more to go.
Ben

I am currently a LT(O-3) in the Navy - presently in Omaha, however that is soon to change. I have about 8 years in and 12 more to go.
Ben

so Ben, where did you get orders to? did you change your designator?
Darrell

Ah...the Bonnie Dick! Great carrier, terrible fire off Vietnam though.
At least we have something in common!!! no - not what you think...Black Raven XLRs!!!!
ha...
Darrell

Ah...the Bonnie Dick! Great carrier, terrible fire off Vietnam though.
At least we have something in common!!! no - not what you think...Black Raven XLRs!!!!
ha...
Darrell

Ahhh ..... these black beauty's .... I love Lola .... I still get the same ol' thrill everytime I get behind the wheel .... :)

I actually got to "tour" the first Bonnie Dick ... they had a visitor's day when she was home here in San Diego ... I will never forget the immense size of the ship - and how small the bunk rooms were! :pat:

Ahhh ..... these black beauty's .... I love Lola .... I still get the same ol' thrill everytime I get behind the wheel .... :)

I actually got to "tour" the first Bonnie Dick ... they had a visitor's day when she was home here in San Diego ... I will never forget the immense size of the ship - and how small the bunk rooms were! :pat:
My first tour in the navy was on a ship in San Dog...the Frederick - an LST, large slow target. Nothing riding in a storm in flat bottom ship that rocks-n-rolls.

I'm fortunate, my XLR is my daily driver so I excited every day....driving my car.

Air Force Museum Dayton,OH

If any of you ever find yourself in Dayton,OH, be sure to stop by the Air Force Museum. It is an awesome place (it's FREE). The Memorial Garden is very moving. Here are some pictures:

Mid-OhioRace2008712.jpg

July08powershot115.jpg

Mid-OhioRace2008765.jpg

Mid-OhioRace2008745.jpg

Mid-OhioRace2008750.jpg

Mid-OhioRace2008740.jpg

Mid-OhioRace2008778.jpg

Mid-OhioRace2008777.jpg

Bruce :patriot:

Vets on the forum

I was stationed on the Aircraft Carrier USS Constellation ported in Coronado, California from 1972-1975. These were 3 of the most memorable years of my life. Made 2 West Pac trips to Vietnam and saw many parts of the world that I will never forget. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed in.

I was stationed on the Aircraft Carrier USS Constellation ported in Coronado, California from 1972-1975. These were 3 of the most memorable years of my life. Made 2 West Pac trips to Vietnam and saw many parts of the world that I will never forget. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed in.

My 23 years in Navy are near and dear to me...so many places, experiences, and friends. I remember the Connie too, it was off of Somalia and I had to medevac (medical evacuation) one of my female sailors who had miscarriaged. She (Connie) was a lifesaver - literally.

Somalia was a another story or as we say in the Navy, another seastory.

Veteran's Day Parade

Tomorrow my new neighbors will be picking me up at 8:00 A.M. for breakfast and then to be in the Veteran's Day Parade. He will be driving his 1968 Buick Convert. He asked me to ride with him about two months ago so of course I couldn't pass up that invitation. Veteran's Day isn't until the 11th but because the parade is on Saturday maybe there will be a larger turnout this year. First Robin:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom