Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Gulf Trip Planning

PLEASE SEE #1 POST IN THIS THREAD. MANY CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE IN THE POST AND IS NOW SET IN STONE. HAVE SOME NEW SURPRISES FOR EVEYONE. GEE, I CAN'T KEEP A SECRET (JETS AND XLRS ON THE FLIGHT DECK)

I will definitely check on putting the X's on the flight deck. The person in charge is in and out of the office for the next couple of days. Give me a few days and I'll let you know what I find out!!
The Vettes and Jets group are putting about 300 Vettes on deck. :rocker:

Also, yesterday I made reservations at Doc's restaurant for a room for Thursday at 12:00. We will have a full menu with separate billing and of course there will be a 18% group gratuity added to your bill. The room that I have has a occupancy rating of 60 people so there should be plenty of room. I have been talking to the Convention and Visitors Bureau and they recommended Doc's as a good restaurant before I mentioned that we were going there.
Doc's have a large paved parking lot, so parking should not be any problem. She said that Saturday could also be a option for them, but of course they have more business on Saturday. The reataurant is located on the water so they do have a lot more boaters there on the weekends.
If this trip is changed to Saturday I must let them know so we don't lose the option of the room.

This is going to be a great trip!!!!!! :patriot: :cool:

Thanks so much for checking into this! Thanks to you and Bob this is going to be so much FUN!! :rocker:

Kathy

Kathy, camera at the ready...........and me standing next to him with in my kilt and and a sling shot............Even I don't want to be seeing this, doncha know.:laugh::laugh:
Actually I want them to put my car on the catapult launch with the wire and hook attached with me in it with a helmet and visor on.:patriot:...............Launch!
Maybe Cubby and I could have a race and see who has the best brakes before we leave the flight deck.
Cubby up front wearing his leather chaps! :laugh:

We are getting close to one month..........Yippie!:patriot:
Kathy, camera at the ready...........and me standing next to him with in my kilt and and a sling shot............Even I don't want to be seeing this, doncha know.:laugh::laugh:
Actually I want them to put my car on the catapult launch with the wire and hook attached with me in it with a helmet and visor on.:patriot:...............Launch!
Maybe Cubby and I could have a race and see who has the best brakes before we leave the flight deck.

We are getting close to one month..........Yippie!:patriot:

I hate to bug anybody but if you have any interest in The CC Gulf Trip or the Fredericksburg Loop please let Ruth Ann (Lola's Mom) know so we can keep accurate head count.

We appreciate it! :patriot:
Thanks!
Bob & Dale :) :) Standby-V & XLR05

Speaking of bugs, boy do they have them in Texas and big ones that look like an egg smashed on your windshield. Looking for a carwash in CC as we speak.:blinzel:
I hate to bug anybody but if you have any interest in The CC Gulf Trip or the Fredericksburg Loop please let Ruth Ann (Lola's Mom) know so we can keep accurate head count.

We appreciate it! :patriot:
Thanks!
Bob & Dale :) :) Standby-V & XLR05

Speaking of bugs, boy do they have them in Texas and big ones that look like an egg smashed on your windshield. Looking for a carwash in CC as we speak.:blinzel:

If we keep in a tight enough pack on the drive, standby will be the only one with bugs!! :laugh: Clear the way Bob!!!! :laugh:

Bugs

FOR SALE: First car slot for trip to CC or will trade with person in rear.
"There ain't no bugs on me, there ain't no bugs on me............some of you mugs may have bugs, but there ain't no bugs on me."

Picture of dog scratching flees here::laugh:

If we keep in a tight enough pack on the drive, standby will be the only one with bugs!! :laugh: Clear the way Bob!!!! :laugh:

FOR SALE: First car slot for trip to CC or will trade with person in rear.
"There ain't no bugs on me, there ain't no bugs on me............some of you mugs may have bugs, but there ain't no bugs on me."

Picture of dog scratching flees here::laugh:

Bobo, If you'd like,Kathy and I can lead the pack to CC. Our baby is silver, so people can still line up behind the silver car in the Hampton parking lot.:lol:

Bruce :)

Photos

Bruce, I was thinking that you guys would be running ahead to certain locations like you guys did at RIII, stopping on an overpass and catching us coming by or catch us coming in for a pit stop. I'm OK with leading, I was just kidding about the bugs. If I see you guys fly by I know that you'll be sitting on an overpass and we will give you the Blue Bunny salute and will slow down to wait for you to catch up again.:pat: We should make a movie out of this,especially the planning.
Bobo, If you'd like,Kathy and I can lead the pack to CC. Our baby is silver, so people can still line up behind the silver car in the Hampton parking lot.:lol:

Bobo,

Bruce is a good leader--as long as there isn't a little old lady in a Toyota Corolla in front of him:laugh::laugh::laugh: Sorry Bruce, I couldn't resist:lol:

Bit of a private joke--the Midwest group will get it.

Bobo,

Bruce is a good leader--as long as there isn't a little old lady in a Toyota Corolla in front of him:laugh::laugh::laugh: Sorry Bruce, I couldn't resist:lol:

Good one, Cubby! :lol:

Bobo,

Maybe you can tell us newbies about it in SA????

Sorry to say but the photo op on the Lexington is a no go. We will still be going to the USS Lexington.
We where notified today that this event takes a lot of planning and is only done before or after opening and closing time as the main elevator is used to bring people aboard too.
Making this easier to swallow is the cost of $5,000 dollars which should make everyone's day that we are just going to tour and see a I-Max movie and save a lot of time and money.
We apologies for hearts falling to their knees.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom