Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Happy 4th of July

CELEBRATE FREEDOM !!

:patriot: Happy 4th of July !! :patriot:

Ray & Ruth Ann

(P.S. - Someone back there in the cornfields, eat a piece of sweet corn for me and a slice of that unforgettable watermelon!)

Can do!

Hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th, and still have all of your fingers (no pun intended Bob-hope you and Paula are doing well).
We had a good time getting together with Bruce, Kathy & Jeanie. It was nice spending time with them - it had been too long! Thanks for delivering our goodies.

Jeanie, you look good behind the wheel of Zoey, and will have to drive back up after Bruce installs the mild2wild........

T&K

We are headed up to northen Indiana tomorrow morning to spend the day with Todd and Karen(Whit & Coyote Karen). It will be great to see them again and Todd's new ZR1. It should be a great day.:patriot:

Whit said you all had a really nice day ...! :patriot:
That's great!
Any pictures of all of you???

We had a GREAT time with Todd & Karen yesterday. Not only did they feed us a delicious meal...they allowed us to drive the ZR-1! Talk about AWESOME!! We also walked around the Notre Dame campus and went to the beach in Michigan City, IN. Hopefully, we will be able to make an MM run later this summer.

4th of July pictures

4thofJuly2010042.jpg

4thofJuly2010045.jpg

Fly over to start La Porte, IN parade:patriot:

4thofJuly2010072.jpg

4thofJuly2010088.jpg

4thofJuly2010120.jpg

A very happy Photo Girl after driving Todd's ZR1:)

4thofJuly2010129.jpg

4thofJuly2010166.jpg

Notre Dame campus

4thofJuly2010182.jpg

4thofJuly2010227.jpg

4thofJuly2010247.jpg

4thofJuly2010299.jpg

A beautiful sunset over Lake Michigan to end a wonderful day :cool:

What great pictures .... I especially loved the Troll .... :lol:

I love jets .... that had to be amazing .... and the parade was so cool! Even though I live in a small town, we do not have parades and I love them! It just seems that we have lost a great part of Americana by not promoting them.

All of you guys look fabulous ... Karen & Whit ... we missed you in Colorado ... and Jeannie ... you look as wonderful as ever.

Nice car, too Whit .... verrrrry nice. Truly looks like a coyote.... hey, there's a moniker for you .... Coyote Corvette ... :D

Thanks for posting the pictures ... now I've been to Notre Dame! :rocker:

Very very nice pictures that ZR1 is just absolutely adorably sweet.;) Have fun with that. In fact "THATS HOT" a stolen line from Paris hilton.:lol: Looks like you had a great time.:willy_nilly:

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

... now I've been to Notre Dame! :rocker:

Admittedly, I don't know you, but this statement just begs for a response. (I started to say based on this statement , you must be easy to please :reddevil, but I bit my tongue and refrained - oops, did I post it anyway).

O.K. I'll make it up to you. How about a whirlwind trip across Europe:

Venice
VENICE2.jpg

VENICE.jpg

Rome

ROME.jpg

Vatican City

VATICANCITY.jpg

Athens

ATHENS.jpg

Paris

PARIS.jpg

Milan

MILAN.jpg

Madrid

MADRID.jpg

Oops, again, can't find the pics of Berlin and Amsterdam (musta been contraband).

And Mt Etna in Sicily (one week before it blew I was peeking over the crater - my kids think I have a death wish).

SICILY.jpg

So there now that you've done Europe, like to do the Far East or South America next?

(P.S. - Someone back there in the cornfields, eat a piece of sweet corn for me and a slice of that unforgettable watermelon!)
OBTW the sweet corn was so-so but the watermelon was fantastic!

What great pictures .... I especially loved the Troll .... :lol:

I love jets .... that had to be amazing .... and the parade was so cool! Even though I live in a small town, we do not have parades and I love them! It just seems that we have lost a great part of Americana by not promoting them.

All of you guys look fabulous ... Karen & Whit ... we missed you in Colorado ... and Jeannie ... you look as wonderful as ever.

Nice car, too Whit .... verrrrry nice. Truly looks like a coyote.... hey, there's a moniker for you .... Coyote Corvette ... :D

Thanks for posting the pictures ... now I've been to Notre Dame! :rocker:

The jets were awesome! This was their 2nd pass & they were going slower this time. We only watched about 20-30 minutes of the parade...it was so darn hot & humid. But fun, none the less.
I'm going to have to think of a name for my "Traveling Gnome". I wish I would have had him in Colorado...he could of had his picture taken on Pikes Peak! :lol:

OMG --- wonderful pictures - it's always amazing to me that some people are lucky enough to take trips and vacations and get to see this beautiful world through their own eyes, and not through the lens of a commercial media camera.

I love the picture of Paris .... it actually looks like the columns are being built for the first time ... lol

Our watermelon is from the Imperial Valley (mostly) or Mexico and rarely more than passably sweet. Commercial farming has bred the melons into something that just visually looks the same but does not taste anything like the melons from years ago. Mostly they are all rind and just inches of "meat" in the centers .... those centers (a few bites) are the only sweet area. Mostly the melon tastes like almost sweet rind. And that's if you find "a good one." Also, I remember melons as being elongated and very, very deep green, and the longer the more fun it was to cut ..... now they are shorter and more round, and of course, mostly seedless. Seed packets are all messed with too. So, I think the people who have used their own seeds for generations are the only ones left who get the great melons. Tomatos the same - we buy the Heritage starter plants, and, thankfully can raise great tasting tomatos .... Brandywine is my favorite.

.....I'm going to have to think of a name for my "Traveling Gnome". I wish I would have had him in Colorado...he could of had his picture taken on Pikes Peak! :lol:

Well, Gulliver is a perfect name! (Gulliver's Travels!) :blinzel:

He will be fun to find in each picture ... sort of like Where's Waldo? Oh ... haha, that would be a great name too!

How fun!

Gnome name

Loved the sunset on Lake Michigan as well as the jets!

Is "Photo Gnome" too close to home? "Photo" for short (ha ha)

OMG --- Tomatos the same - we buy the Heritage starter plants, and, thankfully can raise great tasting tomatos .... Brandywine is my favorite.

Have you tried Polish Linguisa tomatoes. 2-3 inches around at the top going to a point... 90% meat and superb flavor!!!

This year I found a white tomato... can't wait to taste it!!

Have you tried Polish Linguisa tomatoes. 2-3 inches around at the top going to a point... 90% meat and superb flavor!!!
This year I found a white tomato... can't wait to taste it!!
Have not heard about the Polish ... is it a heritage? I'll look for it next year .... let me know about the white .... I wonder if the mind plays tricks when it trys to interpret the color into flavor???? Is it an Heirloom also?

So, I think the people who have used their own seeds for generations are the only ones left who get the great melons. Tomatos the same - we buy the Heritage starter plants, and, thankfully can raise great tasting tomatos .... Brandywine is my favorite.

Don't get me started on great melons!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(Sorry, that was too easy!!)

I should UPS you some local melons. They're almost too sweet!

Don't get me started on great melons!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(Sorry, that was too easy!!)

I should UPS you some local melons. They're almost too sweet!
No such thing as a too sweet melon ... don't make me drool .... it's not becoming ..:lol:

I am going to assume that we are talking about the The Alcohol Czar .... ;) and .... BAM!

Now those are some great melons! :):)

No such thing as a too sweet melon ... don't make me drool .... it's not becoming ..:lol:

I am going to assume that we are talking about the The Alcohol Czar .... ;) and .... BAM!

Have not heard about the Polish ... is it a heritage? I'll look for it next year .... let me know about the white .... I wonder if the mind plays tricks when it trys to interpret the color into flavor???? Is it an Heirloom also?

Not sure if it's a heritage or not... there is only one greenhouse (out of 6) here that has the Polish Linguisa and I had to ask about it this year. They were only available this year as individual plants in 4 inch pots; in year's past they were in 4 packs. They said the Polish didn't sell well last year, so they didn't plant many this year. I seem to always scout out the oddball vegetable plants.
I have a pretty good-sized garden... 6 rows of corn, 30 tomato plants, 20 pepper plants, 1 row of beans and two rows of cucumbers. Oh, 1 zuccini and somered beets for Cindy. I told her I will leave the house when she boils the beets... can't stand the stench!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom