Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- RUTH ANN

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
:birthday::birthday:HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF TOP-DOWN DRIVING!!!! Of course, you MUST find some time to :party:partyin there somewhere!!!!!

Thank you Rod & Cindy ....

It's been a really nice day - lot's of really nice FaceBook birthday wishes and emails ... But, it is not top down weather - In all of my 64 (yes, I am) I have never had a rainy birthday here .... but this morning we had rain drops that hit the skylight in the kitchen that I could hear clear from my bedroom - I loved it! But, the bad part is, that it did not last --- just enough to really make the cars, streets etc. messy. I was so THRILLED! It is the first measurable rain that we have had in 90 days and I think it was like .04"! But ... true to form, that was just enough rain to lift the oil on the freeways and there was skidding accidents all over town. :willy_nilly:

I was going to be spending my day with the littlest Grands in Legoland, but the 'rain' scared us away ... hah! Anyway, tonight is a birthday dinner with my family - and that is all I could wish for right now. That and that the weather would stay cooler ....

'Hope you all are having a great summer ...
xxoo RA

Happy B-Day Ruth Ann!! We'll see you next weekend @ Bobfest and celebrate it again!!

Cubby & Supa

Thanks you guys ... yes ... can you believe it ... finally another trip back to the midwest .... Looks like we will have a few birthdays to celebrate ... today is Missy Blings!

Hey .... I have an idea, why don't we just have a group birthday party for ALL of us? :grouphug::party:grouphug:

Hope you had a great day, yesterday, RA. Sounds like you are well loved! :)

Can't wait to finally meet you and we can ALL celebrate your birthday - with STYLE! :rocker:

Hope you had a great day, yesterday, RA. Sounds like you are well loved! :)

Can't wait to finally meet you and we can ALL celebrate your birthday - with STYLE! :rocker:

Thank you Dave .... I have a feeling you are a FB reader ... ;)
Yes, I have been VERY fortunate to make friends with many people from many walks of life and of every age .... and I cherish every one of them .... everyone is my life has taught me something or been kind enough to point out the errors of my way ... :lol:

I look forward to finally meeting you too ... and your son.

Soon ....!

RA, Happy belated birthday. You and Missy Bling can have a drink or two or three to celebrate when we see you soon. Can't wait.

Thanks Marc .... we'll see if it stops at 3 .... :laugh:

So glad all of the ol' gang is going to be together again ... :love:

:pat: A belated Happy Birthday, Ruth Ann!

I haven't met you yet, but I hope Alexis and I get the chance someday.

California is just a bit too far from NC for us to "wander off" to.

We still want to fly to CA in the future, rent a nice car (I know, it won't be an XLR, we'll have to make-do) and drive the PCH. Hope to meet y'all then!

:birthday:

:pat: A belated Happy Birthday, Ruth Ann!

I haven't met you yet, but I hope Alexis and I get the chance someday.

California is just a bit too far from NC for us to "wander off" to.

We still want to fly to CA in the future, rent a nice car (I know, it won't be an XLR, we'll have to make-do) and drive the PCH. Hope to meet y'all then!

:birthday:

You will LOVE the highway .... I have NEVER met one person who said, gee, I wish I'd never made that drive! It is gorgeous and the perfect way to experience the coastline from Southern to Northern CA ... We have the end of 101 right here and we go to the little beach cities pretty often, find a little dive restaurant, sit outside and just enjoy watching the beachers, surfers, joggers, bikers, canoers, boaters, walkers or whatever .. sun and fresh air.

Same goes for us to NC .... I used to have an Aunt that lived in Raeford ... my mom always used to tell me that NC was the prettiest state in the Union.... and the Smokey Mountains ... We're the same way - if we ever go there, we will fly and rent.

You know ... it's not too late to go to BobFest !

Thanks for the birthday wishes .... I did have a nice one.

RA

Ruth Ann- Hope you had a great birthday. We hope to get back out to California at some point and to stop by Bob's Big Boy (and maybe see Jay Leno again). Have a safe trip to Bobfest. Tell Ray to be careful out there, it has been a very dangerous year for law enforcement this year.

Jim and Jean

OK, I guess I don't get on the forum enough. I missed your Birthday.:( Does that mean you are really not a year older? :laugh:

Send some of that rain over this way. I hope you have a great year!!!:rocker:

JB - I'd love to send you some rain, but that was 3 days ago and it wasn't really RAIN ... we only got like .03" .... stupid Mother Nature ..... she knows we wanted more. :D

Today we have been dealing with the great black-out from AZ to LA ... That was not fun .... the power just came back on ... it was off for almost 10 hours ... gave me a new appreciation for those who don't have it restored for days .... The good news was that the hot spell broke and the temp had dropped from 104 to 62 in those hours. Now it is all good and I am happy again ... so are about 3 million other people. I guess they plan on having it restored to all by tomorrow night. We are some of the luckier people.

True story: EVERYTHING was down, including cell towers - I could not make a call anywhere locally to find out what had happened when the power went down .... I finally called LinSue in Illinois and she was able to find out what happened on the internet before we could. :rolleyes:

J & J ... we might just HAVE to meet you at Bob's Big Boy ... :cool:

Happy Belated Birthday Ruth Ann. We will see you this weekend.

T&K

Thank you Whit .... Yes ... it will good to see you and Coyote howl again .... or has she stopped that? ;)

I leave for Chi tomorrow morning - I am so excited to see the group again ... !:party

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Ruth Ann!!! Hope you have a fun day celebrating!

:party :grouphug: :wave:

Thank you, Dave for remembering my birthday .... Today I am 65 ... made it to Medicare ... ! Unfortunately for me, I won't be doing any celebrating, the sneaky old flu virus has laid me low and my birthday party with my family has been canceled .... so today it's just me and my Kleenex box ... and lots of steam. Maybe when I get to the Midwest the first week of October, me and LinSue can meet a couple of you for lunch or dinner .... until then .... Thanks again from any of you that think about me today .... xxoo

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom