Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight question

1BADXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
I know it's probably been talked about, and if anyone has any information on it I would appreciate it. I bought a new headlight for mine to replace the melted one. But the headlight needs the different wiring harness to go from the 8prong to the 4prong. I have it on one side that I already replaced, and went to the dealership and the told me it was $140 for it. I'm hoping someone knows a cheaper place to get it, NO WAY I'm paying that much for a few wires...
Thanks!!

I know it's probably been talked about, and if anyone has any information on it I would appreciate it. I bought a new headlight for mine to replace the melted one. But the headlight needs the different wiring harness to go from the 8prong to the 4prong. I have it on one side that I already replaced, and went to the dealership and the told me it was $140 for it. I'm hoping someone knows a cheaper place to get it, NO WAY I'm paying that much for a few wires...
Thanks!!

You could always do what I did..... if you're careful, patient, and remember the exact layout and each step you take. I removed the existing harness from the old housing and installed it in the new headlight. Viola! everything worked. The layout is key - the wires have very specific routing and one of the connections is a PITA to disconnect/reconnect.

I think my cost is around $125. I will check tomorrow and let you know for sure. Cost for shipping flat rate USPS is around $7 I think.

You may want to go back to the dealer and talk to them, I believe there was a service bulletin on this for 2004 & 2005 models and the harness was to be replaced at no charge.

Thanks!!

Yes... I quoted you my correct costs in post #2. $125 for the harness, around $7 to ship. Let me know if you would like me to get one for you... although you aren't going to save much, only about $8.

Thank you very much for the responses. I'll give them a call to see if I get get it replaced for no charge. But if I have to pay, I wont worry until I come back in February. Too much other stuff going on instead of dealing with the harness. Love driving my XLR again, and people can't stop looking and asking questions. I forgot how good she looks, pictures don't do the XLR justice!!
Thanks again

You may want to go back to the dealer and talk to them, I believe there was a service bulletin on this for 2004 & 2005 models and the harness was to be replaced at no charge.

Cubby is right. Mine were replace for free because of a service bulletin. Your dealer should be able to check for you.

I see no reason you should have to pay.

By the way, great color on your XLR! :dance:

Thanks!!

Heres my story I have a 05 I went to a local Cadillac dealer, 45 minutes one way, they explain it was not melted they card CRAZING from the yellow type bulb! Anyhow he did some talking to the owner and I'm thinking just to absorb us as a new customer they replaced both with new ones (I think they was priced at $1250.00 ea. & $500.00 labor install) they did both for the labor cost $500 bucks! I just bought Roxy and thought I say no when the wife said you will never get a deal like that again well with a $600 car payment I thought twice but I'm sure happy she talk me into it! So you never know talk to some local dealers! And just maybe you can snag deal too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Thank you very much for the responses. I'll give them a call to see if I get get it replaced for no charge. But if I have to pay, I wont worry until I come back in February. Too much other stuff going on instead of dealing with the harness. Love driving my XLR again, and people can't stop looking and asking questions. I forgot how good she looks, pictures don't do the XLR justice!!
Thanks again

Indeed!

And please keep me posted on the situation. I'd have no problem assisting if needed.

Kindly,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry