Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

How long have you owned A car

Madmac

Seasoned Member
Subject: How long have you owned a car

They certainly don't make them like this anymore. This man owned & drove the same car for 82 YEARS.
Can you imagine having the same car for 82 years.

Mr. Allen Swift of Springfield, Montana, received this 1928 Rolls-Royce Piccadilly-P. Roadster from his father, brand new, as a graduation gift in 1928.

He drove it up until his death last year, at the age of 102. He was the oldest living owner of a car that was purchased new. Just thought you'd like to see it. It was donated to a Springfield museum after his death.

It has 1,070,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch, dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition. (82 years). That's approximately 13,048 miles per year or 1087 per month

I have owned my 66 GTO for 40 years. If I live as long as Mr. Swift did, I will have owned it for 84 years.

But, I will be lucky to live healthy that long!

Wow! If my father bought me a rolls Royce for graduation I would keep it till I die too. I would say pretty wealthy 1928 rolls Royce for a present "nice". I have the first car I bought by myself a 93 mustang. Completely restored "mint" sitting right next to my other love "Stella". I hope I live,drive,and thrive till 102. Just awesome!

Agreed... love to hear auto companionship stories like this one! I've owned my '55 Chevy Belair for 38 of its 57 years.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom